Xtratime Community banner

Votes: 9 37.5%

Votes: 15 62.5%
1 - 20 of 2967 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There has been talks of Wayne Roony becoming a United player next year, replacing Diego Forlan who may leave the club.

Are these talks true???

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

From soccerage.com

Rooney on Alex's wishlist? (AFP)
02/16/2004. Manchester United are to make a move for Everton's Wayne Rooney in the summer, while Diego Forlan is to be shown the door at Old Trafford, according to newspaper speculation.

Reports state that Sir Alex Ferguson will attempt to land 18-year-old Rooney for between £20-25million, which might be too big for Everton to refuse.

Rooney made a sensational impact on English football last season and has already established himself in the England set-up. However, as the Toffees have struggled this season the youngster has also found life difficult.

His arrival would make Forlan's exit inevitable, although United would surely have to accept a significant loss on their investment.

The Uruguayan striker has been a disappointment since being snapped up for more than £5m two-years ago, although he has become a crowd favourite.

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
I doubt it,who will want Diego Forlan? :D

about Rooney ,if United offer enough they will get him as Everton are broke.

·
Registered
17,028 Posts
for that money, you could get a lot better. Rooney is young, very over-rated...and for that kind of money, obviously a waste.

·
Registered
15,634 Posts
if it was for about up to 10million then ya ok, as he could be great for the future, but for that money, no fukin way.....we could get 1 or even 2 world class players for 25 million or 3-4 great players

but it has to be bullshit....considering the reports that say that united werent prepared to pay more than 5 million for robben(psv wanted 8.75-10 million) who is miles ahead of rooney

·
Registered
9,811 Posts
We will see how overrated Rooney is when he plays in a world class side. Funny how no one calls VDV overrated when he is having a crap season just like Rooney. Young players suffer with extreme swings of form, Rooney is no different. Hopefully we will push the boat out to get him. Rooney had a good second half appearance against us, this is probably why Fergie wants him.

Van Nistelrooy - Saha - Rooney

Quite an attacking force :)

Everton will have to sell Rooney eventually. He's there only valuable asset at the club, so regardless of Rooneys intentions or loyalty to Everton, he will be forced out.

·
Registered
12,484 Posts
Russell said:
We will see how overrated Rooney is when he plays in a world class side.
The exact point I was going to make. Look at Everton, it's a suprise they are playing in the premiership. It'd be an even bigger suprise if they stay up this season!

I think Rooney is best suited to an attacking midfield role, he has the attributes. You could play 4-3-1-2

Rooney

Saha
van Nistelrooy

You'll be scoring goals all day.
Rooney will finally fulfil his potential. Look at how good he plays for England, those aren't just fluke performances you know.

·
Registered
9,811 Posts
Firenze said:
Look at how good he plays for England, those aren't just fluke performances you know.
Rooney plays very well for England, he's only had one bad half while being in an England shirt. He's also been the best player on the pitch on many occassions. I suspect Sven knows the difference between Rooney the Everton player and the one that puts on the England shirt, hence why he can make the England team but not the Everton starting XI.

Buying Rooney would not be a bad move at all and after the euro 2004 finals, i will bring this thread back up and we can discuss how overrated he is because i have no doubts he'll come home being one of the tournament stars.

·
Registered
6,853 Posts
25million quid for a player is an exorbiant amount of money and no matter whether he posseses loads of potential questions still remain unanswered and I wonder whether we'd gamble yet on another such "future" star for that amount of money.

I'd personally like to see the kid arrive at OT because he would undoubtedly bolster our attacking options but not at the price mentioned.Perhaps a cash offer of somewhere in the region of 12-15 million quids would break Everton's resolve.

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
But remember his scouseness. ;) .....Can't remember the last player that moved directly from Liverpool/Everton to us. It's just not the done thing.

And I doubt Rooney would even want to come after the treatment we gave him (YSBYSB).....And Cristiano taking the piss out of him and making him look stupid.

·
Registered
4,578 Posts
forget ur rooneys and sahas...im just pissed off we didnt sign defoe, he would have been HUGE at united

·
Registered
9,325 Posts
Rooney is a good player who still hasnt probably fulfilled his potential. It would be great to see him putting on a Man U shirt, but I agree with the guys who think paying 25 million pounds for him is a ridiculous idea.

We sold Beckham to Real for around that kinda price. I saw Robben on several occasions and he impressed me a great deal. If we are only offering 5 million for him then paying 25 mill for Rooney sounds outrageous to me.

If we can get Rooney for 10-12 million then I say we should go for it. Anything more than that, well I guess we should forget about it.

·
Registered
210 Posts
*OZ* said:
forget ur rooneys and sahas...im just pissed off we didnt sign defoe, he would have been HUGE at united
Someone knows what thier talking about ;)

·
Registered
6,853 Posts
Doc_Rule said:
the only reason for United to sign Rooney, is if they are selling Scholes. Both are best in the AM role.
And we both know what the chances are of that happening!;)

·
Banned
9 Posts
for that kind of money man u can easily get aimar.with saha upfront supported by aimar man u will have loads of creativity plus the two ferocious strikers like van nistelroooy saha.plus scholes is around 29 to 30 and doesnt have a long way left so aimar will really be useful and i am sure aimar wont mind premiership because the huge italian defenders will make aimar fail in serie a while the quick game of the premiership is just perfect for aimar and in the premiership he is needed the most at scholes.

1 - 20 of 2967 Posts