Xtratime Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Banned
1,981 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Once again it was clear that Boendby needs to be very lucky to keep OB and AAB behing them, and now Viborg also showed that MR. Laudrup doesn't have enough men to reach one of the UEFA-spots

·
Registered
6,496 Posts
Viborg - Brøndby

The players didn't seem hungry for the title yesterday in Viborg. It really pisses me off! :mad: :frustrat:
We knew it was going to be a tough match for us. The last three times we've visited Viborg, we've only managed to get a draw. Viborg always teases us, so to speak. stress:
The players had just played a tiring "10-against-11-match" against AaB Wednesday, and might feel quickly feel that in their legs.
A win was a must - if we still wanted to be in the title-race (FCK and Esbjerg had easy opponents in this round).

We started the match as I had expected - having control and pressuring Viborg. But it seemed Viborg didn't mind at all. They had a very destructive tactic, and played with almost every player behind the ball. That's how all of Viborg's opponents know them, I guess. A bit sad for the many home-fans, I guess. That was their tactic, and it would soon show to work perfectly.

Ref, Steen Knudsen, wasn't very good. Viborg made twice as many free-kicks (professional or not) as we did, but we still managed to get 2 bookings against their 0 and their many non-called freekicks. I was really frustrated towards that ref. I hope the ones watching it on the telly can agree with me here. Often you don't get the best picture of a ref's performance when watching the match live, and possible seeing it from a biased point of view, you know. :)

The first half finished 0-0, but still with us having the most of the play - despite a few "green counter-attacks".

The second half was to be a somewhat repeat of the first, only Viborg scoring 3 goals. :rolleyes: :depress:
They exploited our frustrated attempt of a pressure and the gaps in our defence. 3 quick goals it was - we fell completely apart after the first goal. That we managed to score 2 in the end, does only make the result look better, not the performance. A performance, where we should've exploited our pressure and dominance way better - something which lost us the match, I believe.

Once more a lot of travelling Brøndby-fans

A very poor playing Jonas Kamper

Youngster, Kasper Lorentzen couldn't do much, when he came on

·
Registered
6,496 Posts
Another bitter guy wrote this at an unofficial Brøndby forum:

Next time we're visiting Viborg, let's let them create the match. Let's display their weaknesses when trying to create a match. Let's sit back ourselves waiting for THEM to come out of the trenches and see how the match, then will develope. Let it be the most boring match ever. I don't care!
We'll play the ball round in our defensive lines a few minutes waiting for Viborg to realize they'll have to do something to get the match going - that'll show the homecrowd their weaknesses and how fecking boring they play!

It's not a bad idea, although it sounds a bit exaggerated. We played somewhat the same way away against FC Midtjylland in the fall. We won 2-0. ;)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts