Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, ive jus thought about what the future is for our new Brazilian Fabiano....
There are rumours about Aziz Yildirim wanting to get rid of him n i wldnt mind dat because, he is nothin special to the team, Wederson wldb b more useful to the team i think. What do u guys think about this issue?

·
*the drum drum*
42,895 Posts
I'm not a fan of Wederson, but I can't say I like Fabiano all that much..

He's a good guy, gets along with the other Brazilians very well (good mates with Alex especially), but as a player all he does is occupy a foreigner spot..

Rumour is that he's going to Corinthians in January. Apparently things are already in advanced negotiations for that to happen.

He's a talented footballer, but he's not up to Turkish standards physically. If he was a little stronger, a little rougher, then he'd play well. But he's too 'nazik' for our league :eek:

·
Registered
10,724 Posts
Agreed Tolga abi - Fabiano just plays too nervous and looks too frail on the pitch, or as you said - "nazik".
Honestly, I don't know if there is anything that Fener needs, only some "nice to haves" and more players to add depth. :cool:

He seems to be this years Rebrov or Petkov...something that will always happen at a big club like Fener: a bigger budget than the foreigner restriction allows the club from using fully. So any foreigner that isn't cutting it has to be moved on quickly.

·
Welcome To Jamrock
9,729 Posts
Is this Fabinao Lima we're on about?

·
Registered
2,891 Posts
what other Fabiano is there? :D :D

I agree... even if its not in january Fabiano and 'Sir Pierre' should part their ways form the club... Pierre will never be forgotten.. :proud:

the foreigners which should stay are

'Serial Killer' Nobre
'Magician' Alex
'King' Aurelio
'Lucky' Luciano

·
Welcome To Jamrock
9,729 Posts
BAFLI said:
what other Fabiano is there? :D :D

I thought it was Fabiano Luciano or is he Fabio Luciano? :nervous:

·
Registered
2,891 Posts
Fabio :D

·
Welcome To Jamrock
9,729 Posts
Shows how much I know :eek: :D:D

·
Registered
10,724 Posts
Any rumors on whos interested in Fabiano?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
As Tolga mentioned he is linked with a move to Corinthians in January, but apart from that no team seems to be interested in the services of the young Brazilian. Most likely he will return to Brazil because of the fact that the type of football only belongs to Brazil. Europe is too fast ans physical for him.

·
Registered
29 Posts
ozanbahce said:
As Tolga mentioned he is linked with a move to Corinthians in January, but apart from that no team seems to be interested in the services of the young Brazilian. Most likely he will return to Brazil because of the fact that the type of football only belongs to Brazil. Europe is too fast ans physical for him.
How do you know its too fast and physical for him? Isnt it too early for such a judgement? I mean, the guy has only played a few games yet.. we havent seen the full potential of this guy. At the start of the competition, some ppl said Onder wasnt good enough for fener, but look at him now..

·
Registered
10,724 Posts
Z. Medaarmaaraf said:
How do you know its too fast and physical for him? Isnt it too early for such a judgement? I mean, the guy has only played a few games yet.. we havent seen the full potential of this guy. At the start of the competition, some ppl said Onder wasnt good enough for fener, but look at him now..
I think Daum has seen Fabiano in training enough that he's made up his mind that he isn't suited for Turkish football.
Onder wasn't playing well at the beginning, but he was starting in the pre-season frendlies, so I think his case was a temporary drop in form. He worked hard in practice and the work shows with his play on the pitch. :thmbup:

·
*the drum drum*
42,895 Posts
If he where to play out this season, and stay on for the next, with the experience he would gain he would be well and truly up to Turkish football..

But as yet, he's still a while off matching the physical demands of European football (but he's not slow, quite the contrary)..

·
Registered
29 Posts
yenibey said:
I think Daum has seen Fabiano in training enough that he's made up his mind that he isn't suited for Turkish football.
We all dont know what Daum thinks about this guy.. You are just speculating..
yenibey said:
Onder wasn't playing well at the beginning, but he was starting in the pre-season frendlies, so I think his case was a temporary drop in form. He worked hard in practice and the work shows with his play on the pitch. :thmbup:
I agree with u on this one though

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Z. Medaarmaaraf said:

I know he's too slow and weak for Turkish football because ive seen it. So many times during this season he helped in attack but failed to run back and help the defence, and if im not mistaking this is the exact problem Daum and Yildirim were fearing wen they wer about to buy him.
A player like Wederson or Maxwell should be considered being bought in replacement of Fabiano, and according to the rumours, one of these names might be signed before long.

·
Registered
10,724 Posts
Z. Medaarmaaraf said:
We all dont know what Daum thinks about this guy.. You are just speculating..
Hence I said "I think"...
Its common sense that at this point in the season Daum should have a pretty good idea of the roles he wants each of his players to play on this team.
It also is logical that if there is a hole to fill and Daum has some designs on some names to fill that hole with that he has to consider who has to be replaced, and who is too much effort to work with so that MAYBE one day they can contribute.
And since it appears that the names of players Fener is looking at are foreigners, Daum is forced to choose the weakest of the foreigners (no way you can get rid of Aurelio, Alex, Luci, Nobre, or even PVH). And since Fabiano really hasn't shown much, its a good thing that he's looking to move Fabiano. ...I'd rather have that over sacrificing the season over a single player's development.

bottom line - it's nothing personal.

·
Registered
2,891 Posts
Do we really need a left back? I mean, whats wrong with captain marvel? Umit Ozat is playing well as left back imo. yes I know its not his position, but the other 3 defenders are all performing well too. If we transfer a left back, the only postion i can see us fiiting Umit Ozat is midfield. I think Onder is playing too well to be left out. If we purchase a left back, i can only see Umit replacing Kemal in centre mid. Even that change might not be the right one because Kemal and Aurelio played well together.

Buying a striker could cause a problem too. If we purchase a striker and play him up front with Nobre, then we will go back to our old midfield line up with 1 defensive midfielder. We all know we perform better with 2 dms.

Daum has to be careful in this transfer window.

·
*the drum drum*
42,895 Posts
The problem with the 4-4-2 wasn't so much the midfield as it was the presence of big Pierre though..

If we could find another forward like Nobre (I get the feeling there's only one in the world :eek:), I'd see no reason why we wouldn't be able to revert to two upfront again..

For defence, I don't think we need a left back though, even if it's not Ümit's natural position.. I think we should just invest in some young and/or versatile defenders, just so we can have some cover in defence because right now we're down to our last four :googly:

Though you have to remember that Kemal is very, very injury prone, so having Ümit as a midfield alternative might not be so bad..
But then again, there's also Selçuk and Serkan..

I just wish that Daum would try Fabiano out on the left wing and move Tuncay upfront (but in a free role), ie;
Code:
               Nobre
      Tuncay

Alex
  Fabiano          Mehmet/Selçuk
          Aurelio

Ümit  Luciano  Servet   Önder

Rüstü

·
Registered
10,724 Posts
Tolga said:
For defence, I don't think we need a left back though, even if it's not Ümit's natural position.. I think we should just invest in some young and/or versatile defenders, just so we can have some cover in defence because right now we're down to our last four :googly:
Speaking of which, what has happened to Mahmut? He had some good games at LB last year, supported the attack from the wing well, etc. but has dissapeared this year? At least Fabiano has been able to get into some of the matches.
I'd think the future of the LB should at least consider Mahmut since he's still featuring in the U-21 nat'l team.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts