Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Ok, tonight at the watford fc vs Colchester fc match, we won our first game in 5, hopefully escaping a rut of poor performances.

We came back from 2 goals down to win 3-2. All credit to the lads who showed fighting spirit today, special mentions go to Marlon King, Johnjoe O'toole and Tamas Priskin for getting the goals.

The table as it stands

1Watford 20 9 39
2 West Brom 20 18 35

3 Charlton 20 6 34
4 Bristol City 20 2 34
5 Stoke 20 6 33
6 Wolverhampton 20 4 33

7 Plymouth 20 6 30
8 Barnsley 20 -1 30
9 Ipswich 19 8 29
10 Burnley 19 4 29
11 Coventry 20 -5 28
12 Hull 20 2 27
13 Sheff Utd 20 1 27
14 Southampton 20 -9 27
15 Crystal Palace 20 -1 24
16 Sheff Wed 20 -3 24
17 Leicester 19 3 22
18 Scunthorpe 20 -6 22
19 Colchester 20 -2 20
20 Cardiff 19 -5 20
21 Blackpool 19 -5 20

22 Preston 20 -6 18
23 Norwich 20 -12 18
24 QPR 19 -14 16

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Last post of the night for me, just thought I would mention the Al Bangura case.

"Watford footballer Al Bangura's future in the UK hangs in the balance following an immigration hearing today (Monday).

The midfielder, who could be deported back to war-torn Sierra Leone, was joined by Hornets boss Aidy Boothroyd and other club officials as he faced an Asylum and Immigration Tribunal in Hatton Cross this morning.

Bangura, 19, told the tribunal he has not had any contact with his family in Africa since he arrived in the UK aged 15 and said it is too dangerous to him to return to his native country.

Speaking at the hearing, Watford FC manager Aidy Boothroyd said deporting Bangura would have an "unrecoverable" effect on his career.However, the Home Office believe Bangura has been lying to officials since he has been in the country.

The hearing heard Bangura was quoted in a match day programme last year saying he spoke to his mum every week and that she was "his biggest fan".

A decision on whether Bangura should be deported will be made within 28 days
"

Hope Bangura gets to stay in the country, a quality little tenacious defensive midfielder, who has paid taxes and is greatful for being in this country. Good luck to him.

·
Registered
7,751 Posts
Long ball boring football...

...What the point in going up when you just come straight back down with that system, with or without king.

People blame your relegation on him getting injured..you were hardly knocking over the league with him.

The same case with Derby.

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
Jibril said:
Same with Derby. Look where they were 18 months ago before the current board took over. This is like a wet dream come true for them.
Exactly :)

Think Watford will win the league, West Brom are still prone to throw points away

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
La_Fadabeilo said:
Long ball boring football...

...What the point in going up when you just come straight back down with that system, with or without king.

People blame your relegation on him getting injured..you were hardly knocking over the league with him.

The same case with Derby.
Long ball boring football. This has been discussed to death with fellow watford fans. We CAN play nice football, there have been glimpses of it this season, and players like Priskin can only play 'proper football' in the fact that when the ball gets hoofed up to him, he can't handle it.

It's the players like Shittu ,Stewart and DEFINATELY mahon who just cannot play passing football. Big change needs to be made within the club, because although Watford are going to do well this season; I 100% agree that the long ball system doesn't really work, especially in the premiership. However it isn't 'pointless' us going up then down then probably up again. Watford are in flux at the moment, and due to the huge amount of money the premiership season brought us, we could come through as a mediocre championship team, or go up and establish ourselves (like Reading have).

Plus, I no hardly any watford fans who think we would have stayed up with King. We wouldn't. King is a fantastic player(I'd personally say he is the best in the championship) and he was one of our top scorers in the premier league, despite playing only a few games, but no one person makes a team. Our strikeforce was useless withough him, our midfield lacked creativity, our defense was fairly shaky. Overall, our season in the premiership was a learning curve. Bear in mind we had a shockingly poor squad of relegation battlers only 2 seasons before. I hope we learn from that season in the premiership,bring in some better players and adjust our playing style.

Watford have recently been linked with James Brown (I feel good! nanananananana!:pp ) from Hartlepool. Doubt its true, but thought I'd post it just in case.

·
Registered
3,340 Posts
this is a disgrace :rollani:

---------------------------------------------------------

Bangura loses deportation hearing

Alhassan Bangura is set to be deported back to Sierra Leone
Watford's Al Bangura faces deportation to Sierra Leone after losing his case to stay in the UK at an Asylum and Immigration Tribunal hearing.

The 19-year-old, who became a father only nine days ago, will launch an immediate appeal against the decision, with the full support of his club.

He arrived from Sierra Leone four years ago, escaping civil war, and was given limited discretionary leave to stay.

But now the Home Office will initiate moves to remove him from the country.

Watford's Head of Football operations Iain Moody said: "This is terrible news for Al and a big shock to everyone at the club.

"We are sad and very disappointed that he has not been granted leave to remain in the UK. We have instructed our advisers to begin preparing an appeal to this decision.

"This is a significant setback for Al and his family but we will continue to fight this case and have full confidence that common sense and justice will prevail and Al will be allowed to continue his life in this country.

"We have been fortunate to count on the support of Watford MP Claire Ward in making representations to the Home Office on Al's behalf and we look forward to continue working with her on this."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/w/watford/7111120.stm

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Totally agree Excalibur, Bangura has been here for years, and i'm not saying he's above the law, but rather that he has paid taxes, and done work for local charities, as well as being a role model for young kids, as with determinisation and hard work, a poor footballer with everything stacked against him has made it into a professional footballer.

A bit of background history- his father was killed, and Bangura is a wanted man in Sierra Lione, was illegally taken to France, in the Sex trade, but broke free and struggled to make a living. Spotted by watford scouts, he has been breaking into the first team at wwatford over the last 2 seasons.

Of course, my name (albangura9) is because he is my favourite player.

Watford are appealing the decision.

·
Registered
7,751 Posts
How is it a disgrace ?

Its the normal precedure, if they can prove he has lied to them..which seems as though he has with the words coming out of the home office, then arguably he deserves to go.

Why lie ?

Also Sierra Leone, pardon my ignorance, but didnt that place climb out of war nearly 10 years ago and has chunks of UN army personnel in it.

The home office would not take this decision lightly, you really think theyd want to turn down 40% tax on a massive wage if they didnt have to ?

·
Registered
3,340 Posts
his entire life is here, he's got a very successful career, is contributing positively to society and the community, is in a relationship and has just had a kid. sending him to sierra leone where he has no friends or family and may be in danger would completely ruin his life. if you think it is something to be cheering about, well......

This Country really is fuking stupid at times, this is one of those times.

It's crazy when you consider the likes of Abu Hamza who preaches hate against the UK has been here for god knows how long with the authorities bungling attempts to deport him and criminals with EU passports are allowed to come and go as they please.

Immigration hearings should be based on the individual, why should Bangura who contributes a massive amount of tax to the country, is a family man and skilled professional have to leave but someone content to sit on the dole in a bedsit is allowed to stay because they have the right passport? I don't give a s*** whether someone is from Sierra Leone or Lithuania as long as they contribute to the country.

Pity we can`t send some born and bred English charva scum in the lad's place.

What must he do to remain in the country, hijack a plane?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/england/london/7070798.stm

·
RIP Alton Ellis
5,658 Posts
Good luck lads with the Bangura case. Not all Leeds fans think like that; I'd dare say hardly any.
This case is an absolute disgrace as is this xenophobe home office that has nothing better to do than pick on innocent citizens who work and pay their taxes.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
La_Fadabeilo said:
How is it a disgrace ?

Its the normal precedure, if they can prove he has lied to them..which seems as though he has with the words coming out of the home office, then arguably he deserves to go.

Why lie ?

Also Sierra Leone, pardon my ignorance, but didnt that place climb out of war nearly 10 years ago and has chunks of UN army personnel in it. The home office would not take this decision lightly, you really think theyd want to turn down 40% tax on a massive wage if they didnt have to ?
Why do you assume he is lying? Also, the war ended only 6 years ago,

"On January 18, 2002, President Kabbah declared the civil war officially over; an estimated 50,000 people were killed, hundreds of people had their arms or legs hacked off by rebels, and over 500,000 people were displaced into neighboring countries. That same year, the Sierra Leone Government and the United Nations agreed to set up war crimes court in Freetown."

Doesn't sound like a safe place to me, and the fact that the war has ended may mean to some that the place is safe, but your not really taking individual circumstances into consideration. Bangura will risk his life if he goes back there, as his father was once head of a gang (he was shot), and Bangura had to escape otherwise he would have been plunged into aa gang warfare type lifestyle. Bangura doesn't play for Sierra Leone due to the fact that his life would be at risk.

Bangura has worked within the community, contributed taxes, and is a model proffessional to young kids.

Im not saying anybody is above the law, but surely if you look at all the individual points, he has a strong case, the fact that he could be killed surely must make it harsh for the home office to deport him.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
On a separate note, Watford lost 1-0 to plymouth and were utter crap, as we have been now for a good 10 games.

Our long ball style football seems to have been found out, and we are really going to have to up our game to stay in contention for the championship title.

·
Freedom for all
16,851 Posts
Seems kind of odd that this chap would be under thread of removal. Plenty of people come to the UK and don't pay a single penny towards anything, yet this guy was allowed to stay, get a job, pay taxes, and NOW could be chipped.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
A.J. said:
Good luck lads with the Bangura case. Not all Leeds fans think like that; I'd dare say hardly any.
This case is an absolute disgrace as is this xenophobe home office that has nothing better to do than pick on innocent citizens who work and pay their taxes.

ViscaBarcaInter said:
Seems kind of odd that this chap would be under thread of removal. Plenty of people come to the UK and don't pay a single penny towards anything, yet this guy was allowed to stay, get a job, pay taxes, and NOW could be chipped.
Cheers guys. It does seem unfair how some get to stay in England, and others don't, and sometimes the government/home office get it completely wrong. At the time, Sierra Leone was in the sh!ts and a horrible civil war, not to mention Al's individual case.

He comes to England and is allowed to stay- pays taxes and contributes to the country, and since turning 18, his stay is under peril. Really hope he is allowed to stay.

Next Match: Shefffield Wednesday (Saturday 22nd)

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
jimbo jones said:
Think Watford will win the league, West Brom are still prone to throw points away
Changed my mind, you lot are even worse for it ;)

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
jimbo jones said:
Changed my mind, you lot are even worse for it ;)
Haha I agree with that, but West Brom lost today to Ipswich! They have looked better than us and deserve to be above us for now.

For once, we didn't play the long ball today as we beat southampton. Watford 3-0 Southampton. Goals by Francis, King and Henderson sealed the impressive win.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts