Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Disgusting, they just use the water break so the european isnt fainting... :(

We know that uefa is fifa darling... :(

Its supposed to be disadvantages playing in brazil, that's what sports is all about !!! :thmbdown:

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
I agree with water breaks but I don't think the managers should be allowed to talk to all the players and change tactics and formation. They do it during the game but that is different they only talk to one or two players. They could get really sick without one.

·
Registered
19,782 Posts
More important suggestion is to move the games to the evening. Who cares if the Europeans have to stay up to watch it? There is no reason whatsoever for the game to be played at 1 in the afternoon. Even in Europe games are never played that early in the summer.

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
Cooling breaks have been used in Europe, as well as most of the north/south/central American leagues over the past year. It's not just something that's been put in place for this World Cup.

I think it's fair for both teams playing in such soaring conditions to get a temporary break, the minutes are made up during stoppage time anyways so what's the complaint?

·
Registered
5,222 Posts
More important suggestion is to move the games to the evening. Who cares if the Europeans have to stay up to watch it? There is no reason whatsoever for the game to be played at 1 in the afternoon. Even in Europe games are never played that early in the summer.
Agreed. And day games look terrible on TV anyway with half the ground in shadow.

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
This hits the nail on the head really

Why are the Last 16 games being played at 1 and 5 in Brazil? They should be played at 5 and 9 or 4 and 8, as is the times in Europe. Like GO says if Europeans have to stay up later then so be it. That said it has been a great World Cup so can not complain too much with the quality most of the time.

·
First Place winner, June 2010 Photo Contest
37,683 Posts
Bunch of pussies. If they think this is bad, wait until the World Cup is played in Qatar.

·
Registered
9,223 Posts
And who in their right mind decided to have the break at the 30th and 60th minute? Wouldnt it be better at 23th and 67th minute?

·
Registered
936 Posts
Disgusting, they just use the water break so the european isnt fainting... :(
I guess you didn't watch the game last night. I saw a European team that obviously had less problems with the heat than the American one that was clearly running on empty the last half hour. :musik:

And seriously, playing under this circumstances can't be healthy. Did you see the stands? People sitting in the sun were leaving their seats until it got to a point were the stands in the sun were only filled for about 50%! :eek: I also don't understand why they don't play the matches at later times. Do Brasilians really play at these times?

We know that uefa is fifa darling... :(

Its supposed to be disadvantages playing in brazil, that's what sports is all about !!! :thmbdown:
It's okay if you hate European teams, but don't come up with stupid arguments like this. Just be a man and say you hate them.

·
HEY, WHA' HAPPENED?
24,083 Posts
I can't believe someone bit

·
Registered
3,383 Posts
And seriously, playing under this circumstances can't be healthy. Did you see the stands? People sitting in the sun were leaving their seats until it got to a point were the stands in the sun were only filled for about 50%! :eek: I also don't understand why they don't play the matches at later times. Do Brasilians really play at these times?

Can't be healthy at all and no, we don't play at 1 pm here. That's on FIFA. Games here usually start anywhere from 4 to 10 pm.

·
Registered
5,608 Posts
I agree. A proper, professional football match should never kick off anytime before 5pm, let alone a World Cup. Screw the Europeans, Asians watched every single World Cup except 2002 in the dark. It's part of what it is - if you love football, get your ass off the bed whatever time it is.

Having said that, water breaks are important as long as they decide to kick off that early. We want to see free-flowing football, not superstars struggling in the heat and teams not fighting or running. We want to see a contest, not fighting for survival. Marchisio was halucinating against England because of the heat. This should never have been allowed to happen, we need players in their optimal physical state for the Greatest Show on Earth.

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
Haha that was funny that even the fans had to take a water break. The seating in the sun was like 30% during the water break. The extreme heat is dangerous and could cause permanent damage.

·
Registered
17,390 Posts
People tend to forget that the kickoff times have nothing at all to do with European fans. So you can all curse at European fans all you want but the fact is it is because of the TV rights money and the TV stations will not nearly pay the same amount of money for nightgames than daygames (European times). Now we can all criticize the matchtimes but it is a business and we need to live with it.

For the same reason we now see so many night and twilight races in F1.

And before now everyone starts to curse money again, we either want a big show with the best possible players or we can all watch the local 10th division where no big money is involved.

·
Registered
91 Posts
This hits the nail on the head really

Why are the Last 16 games being played at 1 and 5 in Brazil? They should be played at 5 and 9 or 4 and 8, as is the times in Europe. Like GO says if Europeans have to stay up later then so be it. That said it has been a great World Cup so can not complain too much with the quality most of the time.
ehm how about this why the hell do corrutp nations liek brazil even get a wc ??
same as south africa alst time..

natiosn that have so much poverty under their population eyt can spend millions and milliosn to build new stadiums ?
thats a criem agaisnt their own people..
so just give the worldcup to a modern antion with normal laws (not liek quatar with their silly muslim rules)
wc should go to A : a democracy (a real democracy)
and B to a nation who can afford it and don't spend billions on the wc whilst have their people are living udner the povertyline..

thate xcludes almost all south american and african and asian nations.. good that will teach them thign or 2

1 - 20 of 32 Posts