Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
International
9,526 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The thing to do here, for the England vs Brazil match, was to head down to this massive big boozer in town, queue 45 minutes for a drink, and then squeeze yourself into an almost air tight position close to one of the big screens, 2 hours before the match.

Why do we do these things?

Cause you can't watch the big games alone, thats why. It has to be communal. When Owen scored that goal, the pub went off like a bomb. I had a full bottle of stella in one hand, and a half bottle in the other. 2 minutes later, I had 1/4 of a bottle left! We were covered in it, the pub was rocking to 'Rule Britania'and there was no better place to be. Bloke next to me, wearing glasses, had them literally destroyed in the melee'. Afterwards, when he was looking for them, my mate handed him half a lense he'd found. He said 'is this them' to which the lad who'd lost them said 'I remember them being bigger'. Classic. You couldn't come up with it. Even when it was obvious we wouldn't win, it was still top. Football has to be watched in the company of others. The anxiety, anticipation, joy and despair. They have to be shared. Its a slice of what the human experience is all about.

·
Registered
2,934 Posts
true to a degree, but then there's something to be said about watching a match in the comfort of your own home with mates. they bring the drinks and everyone's happy.:)

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
It's even better being Scottish. Why I hear you ask 2 reasons really
1. No matter if Scotland win, lose or draw you get pissed no question and you always party hard.
2. After Scotland get put out you support all the teams England are playing against (come on Brazil!!!) and when they get put out and they always do, you get a great laugh, get pissed and be rowdy. A few of my mates at school have declared 21st of June Ronaldinho Day. No matter what any pundits that was a shot. CRY SEAMAN CRY.

·
International
9,526 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
bigscotty said:
party hard.
2. After Scotland get put out you support all the teams England are playing against (come on Brazil!!!) and when they get put out and they always do, you get a great laugh, get pissed and be rowdy. A few of my mates at school have declared 21st of June Ronaldinho Day. No matter what any pundits that was a shot. CRY SEAMAN CRY.
ahhh...what would you sweaty socks do if you didn't get to live your lives vicariously through England;) :D :howler:

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
Originally posted by Fred Elliot
ahhh...what would you sweaty socks do if you didn't get to live your lives vicariously through England
Not a lot ;) :howler: :D

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
Russell. Stop posting sh!te. Scotland have made it to most WC's. So, in future, get your facts in order before you come here making foolish posts.

·
World Class Player
7,673 Posts
bigscotty said:
Russell. Stop posting sh!te. Scotland have made it to most WC's. So, in future, get your facts in order before you come here making foolish posts.
Let's see how many World Cups Scotland have entered.
1930 - No
1934 - No
1938 - No
1950 - No
1954 - Yes
1958 - Yes
1962 - No
1966 - No
1970 - No
1974 - Yes
1978 - Yes
1982 - Yes
1986 - Yes
1990 - Yes
1994 - No
1998 - Yes
2002 - No

Since Scotland have qualified 8 times, and failed to qualify 9 times, I'd count that at less than 50%, wouldn't you? It's therefore strange for you to say that someone else is wrong for saying that Scotland have qualified less than half the time, isn't it? :)

·
Registered
9,811 Posts
Russell. Stop posting sh!te. Scotland have made it to most WC's. So, in future, get your facts in order before you come here making foolish posts

oh? :rolleyes:

Let's see how many World Cups Scotland have entered.
1930 - No
1934 - No
1938 - No
1950 - No
1954 - Yes
1958 - Yes
1962 - No
1966 - No
1970 - No
1974 - Yes
1978 - Yes
1982 - Yes
1986 - Yes
1990 - Yes
1994 - No
1998 - Yes
2002 - No

Since Scotland have qualified 8 times, and failed to qualify 9 times

Bigscotty dont make foolish posts in future
:D

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
Behave you lot!:eek:

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
Edited for vulgar and disgusting language. Next time, I won't be as lenient.

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
Beefy it wasn't disgusting or vulgar ;). Well at least not for Russell ;) :D

·
Registered
2,934 Posts
bigscotty said:
Beefy it wasn't disgusting or vulgar ;). Well at least not for Russell ;) :D
landlord beefy would disagree with you there young scott. got any ID?:D

1 - 20 of 31 Posts