Xtratime Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Noticed a few things.

One of the big ones was that Brown, heargreaves, scholes and carrick (all out long term injurywise) were integral to us winning the double. Seems to of gone unnoticed in the World of poor old chelsea and pool missing Torres and Drogba!!! Sure united never really have injuries worth reporting eh ! ! !

One other thing I noticed was that united did play their best football in the second half of the season. .

Another thing I noticed was that every game a player was coming out praising Ronaldo.

Another thing I noticed was that the team seemed to play with fluidity and enjoyment that just doesnt seem to be there this season. Look at rooney kicking out at a poor Jap lad for no reason!

The whole team seems to be agitaged or distracted. Surely one player (berbs) cant make that much of a negative impact on the overall performance of a team!!

Fingers crossed that missing scholes and carrick so long has been the issue. Dissapointed to see Anderson and Nani so much on the sidelines (even last seasons highlights showed glimpses of their abilities!).

·
Registered
5,797 Posts
Thanks for that.

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
its the same old story, almost every team that wins this cursed CL trophy somehow turn into a different weaker version of its former self the following season.

my main worry this season has been the goals, we score few of'em and concede a lot. our GD in the league is 17 compared to chelsea's 29 which sucks and i now pool have 15 GD but i think that we all now that in the end it'll still be between us and chelsea.

that being said it is true we always play better in the second half of the season... well at least since 04-05 which is as far as i can remember... so hopefully we'll get our form back in the second half and winning the world cup should give the players a much needed boost in moral, not mention ronaldo winning the best player award, by the way when well that bloody award be announced?

·
Registered
13,916 Posts
my main worry this season has been the goals, we score few of'em and concede a lot. our GD in the league is 17 compared to chelsea's 29 which sucks and i now pool have 15 GD but i think that we all now that in the end it'll still be between us and chelsea.
We've conceded 10 goals in 16 games in the league and only conceded 1 in the CL for the five games that mattered. That's hardly a lot.

And don't worry about that goal difference. Chelsea have had an easier first half of the season than us.

I'm telling you. We should be happy to be where we are considering the away fixtures we've had so far. We've been average with a couple of glimpses of what we're capable of yet we're tucked in nicely behind the dippers and Chelsea.

So, let's get a settled side, and really kick on over the next couple of months.

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
We've conceded 10 goals in 16 games in the league and only conceded 1 in the CL for the five games that mattered. That's hardly a lot.

And don't worry about that goal difference. Chelsea have had an easier first half of the season than us.

I'm telling you. We should be happy to be where we are considering the away fixtures we've had so far. We've been average with a couple of glimpses of what we're capable of yet we're tucked in nicely behind the dippers and Chelsea.

So, let's get a settled side, and really kick on over the next couple of months.
i agree with you that weve faced a tougher 1st half of the season than chelsea but also still think weve been wasting ridicules amount of chances in almost every game. anyway like youve said lets put this behind us and focus on the rest of the season.

·
Registered
741 Posts
Last season we were ridiculous! Would have been hard to maintain there was always going to be a hangover from drinking out of those pretty trophies.

·
Registered
22,487 Posts
that being said it is true we always play better in the second half of the season... well at least since 04-05 which is as far as i can remember... so hopefully we'll get our form back in the second half and winning the world cup should give the players a much needed boost in moral, not mention ronaldo winning the best player award, by the way when well that bloody award be announced?
January 12th. I agree with you. 2nd half of the season is what counts. This season so far is totally okay for me: still in the title race and still active in every cup competition. Without playing in a spectacular way. But the others also don´t.

I know that every player will show the needed hunger and motivation again when the big Trophies are handed over. :smileani:

About Ronaldo: I would say he is not as good as last season at the moment. But last season was outstanding, 42 goals were just crazy. It´s very difficult for him to repeat that season. Maybe he will never ever score so many goals in one season. Let it be 30 "only" at the end of 08/09 and this would still be very good. So we should not have too high expectations on him.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts