Xtratime Community banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
J V Pinto :rolleyes:

The man is an for a torrid time when he gets home , but this could be worse for him :(
According to sources after he received the "RED CARD" he gave the referee a quick punch to the guts. The referee then told Fernando Couto in spanish & this is clearly seen on TV replays " He has punched me ...He has punched me"

Afer veiwing the incident...he faces a longer spell on the sidelines than SaPinto

·
Registered
3,977 Posts
I really hope this isn't true for his and Portugal's sake. If it is, it just underlines what I've been saying, we're blessed with skill and cursed with an inability to maintain the necessary composure.

·
Registered
4,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Tinto said:
I really hope this isn't true for his and Portugal's sake. If it is, it just underlines what I've been saying, we're blessed with skill and cursed with an inability to maintain the necessary composure.
Well on SBS ( Aust. TV ) commentataors did pick it up & he is in big trouble. IMO he will never play for Portugal again - BUT...if this goes further he may never play again

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
14,769 Posts
Look what I have found on maisfutebol
A quote " Defesa da Coreia do Sul revela alegada conversa
no intervalo do jogo contra Portugal"
If this is really true ? We are a disgrace to futebol , makes me sick!:(

·
Registered
765 Posts
Rumours - I point out only rumours: UEFA considers whether Portugal should be hosting the Euro 2004. Last 2 times Portugal have been in a championship - they have acted in disgrace to the spirit of the game.

·
Registered
13,074 Posts
Oh yea he punched him and also Couto grabbed his face. Eusebio even came up to the referee after the match and apologised on the behalf of JVP. He also added that Eusebio told him not to let this get out.

·
Registered
3,977 Posts
I just read the report on Maisfutebol. Personally, I'm giving Figo the benefit of the doubt. The Korean who accuses him also said that Korea was unaware of the score in the Poland - USA game at the time. That's a load of B.S. If you believe the Korean team was not following that game as closely as we were, then we should play cards sometime.

If it were true that Figo or anyone else had tried to fix the outcome, then of course it would be a major disgrace, and further proof of what I've been saying all along with regard to our game in Portugal. I pray it's not true.

·
©
7,230 Posts
Pinto should be charged for attempted murder after that tackle.:mad: It was an absolute disgrace, and the nerve of the players to complain just topped it off.:rolleyes:

I doubt it anyway, but hopefully the tournament doesn't get moved because I think Portugal would be good hosts and it is a good place to have the tournament.

·
Registered
4,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Magic#10 said:
Rumours - I point out only rumours: UEFA considers whether Portugal should be hosting the Euro 2004. Last 2 times Portugal have been in a championship - they have acted in disgrace to the spirit of the game.
Total BS at the highest level even if it is a rumour !!!!!!!!

·
Registered
4,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Tinto said:
I just read the report on Maisfutebol. Personally, I'm giving Figo the benefit of the doubt. The Korean who accuses him also said that Korea was unaware of the score in the Poland - USA game at the time. That's a load of B.S. If you believe the Korean team was not following that game as closely as we were, then we should play cards sometime.

If it were true that Figo or anyone else had tried to fix the outcome, then of course it would be a major disgrace, and further proof of what I've been saying all along with regard to our game in Portugal. I pray it's not true.
That Korean should be banished for talking sh!t. This will not go further , its a case of accusing and denial . F*CK Korea have a game handed to them & yet they now can verbally sh!t

·
Registered
4,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
dinamo11 said:
Pinto should be charged for attempted murder after that tackle.:mad: It was an absolute disgrace, and the nerve of the players to complain just topped it off.:rolleyes:

I doubt it anyway, but hopefully the tournament doesn't get moved because I think Portugal would be good hosts and it is a good place to have the tournament.
He will never play for Portugal again anyway!!!

·
Registered
333 Posts
Hell, can Portugal really afford to host the European Championships?
It's easy for us who don't live there, but those in Portugal that will be stuck with debts will pay the price.

The only reason I want it to go ahead is because it will give our Golden Boys still on the NT a perfect farewell inn front of their fans.
Even if we qualify for the next WC, they will not be our key players, or at least I hope not.

·
Community Analyst
32,844 Posts
Perhaps there'll be debt. Perhaps there'll be opportunity. That all depends who's in the Portuguese government and how intuitive they are at exploiting opportunity.

Judging from your perspective, we are fortunate that there's at least one less of your view in the government.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts