Xtratime Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
25,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After watching Middlesborough - Partizan last night, I was surprised how good this 18 year old kid is. He has great dribbling, passing, shooting, crossing, strength, decent speed, he pretty much has everything!! This guy can become World Class, of course he has a long way to go but Juve already being rumoured to be interested in him while I'm sure he impressed quite a few premiership managers last night.

If any of the English posters watched the game last night or anyone that may have watched the game against Lazio earlier this season, I'd like to hear your thoughts on the brightest talent in Serbian football.

·
Registered
497 Posts
Yes, the guy has great potenital :)
I hope he will make it :)

·
Registered
786 Posts
hopefully he wont turn out like boskovic and pjanovic and the rest of our flops!!!!!!

·
Registered
786 Posts
no no !!!!!!! i mean pjanovic and boskovic !!!! hey when is the last time boskovic got a full game at PSG????? he had talent but so did alot of serb players!!!!

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Boskovic doesnt get a game partly becuase of the coach. How is he meant to be in good form without having some solid game time.

·
Registered
25,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Boskovic's problem is his work rate, that's the reason why Halilhodzic doesn't play him, he had a great start to his PSG career but then seemed to just peeter out. I don't think he was talked about as much or ever looked as promising as Vukcevic though, the guy looks something special since I seen him play in the derby last season and then in the under 21 EC and then finally in that game vs Boro where he really was amazing.

Players that come to mind that really flopped, the biggest of all is probably Ognjenovic, he was so good and so much potential, he could have been better than Deki. Too bad he made bad career choices. Ciric also comes to mind while Lazovic hasn't developed as much as most of us would have hoped for.

Don't you think though that if Vukcevic was a different nationality like Brazillian, English, Italian etc. he would be getting unbelievable amounts of hype?

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Yeah i agree with you but thats how it has been for a long time. Our players don't get noticed or praised etc by fans untill they really make a name for themselves by either signing for a top club and doing well or accomplishing something big.
Ognjenovic could have been one of our best for sure. I really feel for the guy even though it was his bad decisions. Another talent that went to waste.

·
Second Place Winner February Photo Contest
2,631 Posts
I don't know about Bošković and his work rate, but I do know that PSG suck, and it's just a matter of time before Halilhodžić gets the sack.. Maybe the reason for sucking is that the player of Bošković's quality isn't playing.

As for Lazović, he was a joke when he was at Partizan, what the hell is he doing in Holland?! Van Marwijk wasn't playing him, and neither is Gullit. Surely he needs to leave Feyenoord and join a club where he could play, maybe RKC or Den Haag or some other relegation material.

·
Registered
25,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well neither Ljuboja or Boskovic play but Halilhodzic seems to prefer more physical players or are quick etc. than players who can actually do something with the ball. Lazovic on the other hand is a very good player, Drulo or Monte could inform you more as they're Feyenoord fans, if you ever watched him for the under 21s, you'd see that he oozes in quality.

I know our players are underrated but even when they move to a big club they are never classed amongst the world's best. Deki is one of the best midfielders in the world yet players like Beckham, Gerrard and Lampard are always seen as better players by any of the award bodies etc.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts