Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
4,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Senegal just beat Ecuador 1-0 and for what I read was impressive while doing it.

·
Registered
6,496 Posts
Well good for them.

It's true that they shouldn't be underestimated, but I still rate them as the favs to finish last in this very tough group.

·
Registered
7,095 Posts
This might be the least country I want to see play in WC,.... well, that might be my stupid opinion, but just I don't know any player of this team, and it just doesn't make me comfortable to see a whole strangers play aagainst players whom I know very well ....

·
Registered
3,200 Posts
Well maybe you should. They had 3 starring players in Lens title challenging team. And how could u not know El Hadji Diouf? African player of the year. Hes sensational :star:

I cant wait to see Senegal give France a scare!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Mental issue

I think that Senegal has a very strong team, but I'm pretty sure they do not have the mental qualities to advance from this group. First of all they're african, second of all it's a very young team - just don't believe in them....

·
Registered
7,095 Posts
I don't follow European League as I used to... I only follow Lazio, and unfortunately there is no Senegal player in it :)

·
Registered
85 Posts
Re: Mental issue

Quitedk said:
I think that Senegal has a very strong team, but I'm pretty sure they do not have the mental qualities to advance from this group. First of all they're african, second of all it's a very young team - just don't believe in them....
Hahahaha! I like you. You are not ashamed to say that those "retarded" Africans can't think enough to win.

Please keep thinking that way.

Every player on that team apart from the 3rd choice goalie play in France...

Patrick Viera is Senegalese... imagine 10 field players with the tenacity of Viera...

they pack their defence and midfield and win almost every 50-50 ball. Will kill you with counters. but then again, they are too "retarded" to beat teams with obvious supperior mental strength.:angel:

·
Registered
31 Posts
Re: Re: Mental issue

1-1-GoalessDraw said:

Hahahaha! I like you. You are not ashamed to say that those "retarded" Africans can't think enough to win.
Please don't put words in my mouth, I'm not a racist. Hasn't to do with the color of their skin, has to do with tradition....

·
Registered
85 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Mental issue

Quitedk said:

Please don't put words in my mouth, I'm not a racist. Hasn't to do with the color of their skin, has to do with tradition....
Of course you are not racist, some of your best friends are black :tongue:

You know nothing about Senegal yet you can boldly say and I quote "but I'm pretty sure they do not have the mental qualities to advance from this group. First of all they're african... your words not mine.

Their inexperience and the level of opposition will play a greater role for them not advancing and not because they are African.:rolleyes:

Enuff said!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Goallesdraw:

Actually, I have no coloured friends, sorry.

However, what I mean is that african soccer doesn't have the history that european and southamerican soccer does. With mental skills, I wasn't reffering to intellectual abilities, but to the way you handle pressure and the way you handle being in a big tournament as the WC.

You'd be surprised if you knew about the amount of anti-racist work I've done through the years. I live in Denmark, you know!

Good luck to Senegal - just don't believe in them....

·
Registered
85 Posts
Quitedk, I did not say you are racist, I said the comment you made was condescending in its tone...

I accept the explanation behind your reasoning. Which is 100% legit. But like any statement, interpretations vary.

May the better team(s) win.

·
Registered
4,897 Posts
Well lets get behind that missunderstanding, but I do caution Quitedk on his choice of words, because it confuse me.

As much as people say you cant underestimate this team and that team someone will always have to finish last in the group, so Senegal would be my choice for this group s well despite there great run in the WCQ & African cup, but I not going to pick my country to finish last & I cant see France or Denmark doing so.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Well, the result said it all...:D

·
Second Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
94,480 Posts
Marco Golo said:
Well, the result said it all...:D
How true....Did anybody tell France to "Watch Out For Senegal ?????"

:confused:

·
Flop
5,498 Posts
Gabemar, you are so right. Watch out for Senagal. They played a very good game against France. They understood how to keep the ball in their own ranks and their defence looked pretty strong with a couple of huge players in the middle. They played very weel and understood how to take advantage of the mistakes France made in defence. I'm not too confident when Denmark plays Senegal. We will have to play up to our very best to beat them.

·
Registered
859 Posts
Quitedk, there is no excuse for the stupid comment you made.... whether you have done anti-recism work in Denmark does not mean anything, it seems that you still have to do a little bit of work on yourself, anyway i don't want to start an argument here but you should really read your comment again and see if it wouldn't offend you if you were African...i am African and i was offended (sometimes you should put yourself in other's shoes)..

Anyway, i watched the game and it didn't seem that Senegal were mentally weaker than France and i hope they do the same to Denmark....
Go Senegal

·
Registered
4,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I don't think I have to say it again but here it goes "Watch out fo Senegal":D They looked good.

Quitedk, I believe you when you said that you didn't mean any racist connotation to your statement, but be more careful because it did come across somewhat like that. No action will be taken by me but again just use a better choice of words or explain yourself better next time.

:cool:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts