Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 97 Posts

·
Premium Member
27,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rumours are hot over the prospect of buying a young rightsided player AS is reporting that Pedja will make a decesion in 10 days and the names being mentioned are...

Lennon
Johnson
Krasic
Valencia
Mancini
Young

plus add in Palanca who has been strong in the few minutes he has been given. The players in the above mention do not thrill me but if we can get a player on the opposite of Robben and be effective can go a long ways in reviving our la liga hopes.

·
Registered
17,451 Posts
I don't want anyone on that list. Mancini maybe, and even him I wouldn't get too excited about. I would rather give Palanca a run. It's getting really annoying how we buy other young talent over our own Castilla.

What happened to Arshavin?

·
Registered
44,361 Posts
€20 million for Miloš Krasić according to CSKA Moscows sports director.

·
Registered
44,361 Posts
Too much for an unproven player. Was he even a regular starter during the past years?
Yes, he's been a starter for a long period at CSKA, can't quite remember, but probably 2,5 years, so he's played consistently. I hope it doesn't happen myself.

·
Registered
6,035 Posts
It's getting really annoying how we buy other young talent over our own Castilla.
Well, when the President is under pressure to pacify the demands the supporters make (especially, when he makes one imprudent promise after another, which he shouldn't); the last thing he prefers is to expend his conviction on the Castilla, as unfortunate as it is.

·
Registered
38,252 Posts
I don't want anyone other than Arshavin. If we're not going to sign him then don't bother with someone else.

Robben - Lass - Gago - Sneijder/VdV​

Enough midfield options.

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
that will not be your opinion if Robben get Injured sooner or later ?

·
Registered
14,528 Posts
Yeah we are in desperate need of a winger. We only have Robben. Drenthe is... well he's Drenthe.

Sneijder and VDV are not wingers and Palanca is not good enough.

·
Registered
38,252 Posts
that will not be your opinion if Robben get Injured sooner or later ?
Robben is primed for a huge second half of the season, I don't see him getting injured for some weird reason. If he does, then there is VdV and Sneijder who can play as fake wingers. There's also Royston Drenthe and Palanca. I don't want us to spend for the sake of spending - unless we can get in someone of real quality such as Andrei Arshavin. All these other players are a risk from both an economic and sporting perspective.

·
Registered
62,100 Posts
Casillas
Ramos - Pepe - Cannavaro - Heinze
Robben - Diarra - Gago - Marcelo
Higuain - Raul/Hunter​

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
actually I think we lack balance in midfield .. Guti,Robben,VdV,Drenthe and even Sneijder are all left footed , we need someone playing on right side badly

·
Registered
14,528 Posts
Well not necessarly in emergency situations. When we have Heinze and Torres back to full fitness, we'll have two left backs. Marcelo can then move to be a left winger with Robben on the right. I mean its better than using Drenthe.

·
Registered
6,035 Posts
I thought Sneijder was ambidextrous?
Regardless, a RW/RM is necessary.

·
Registered
38,252 Posts
It will be in emergency cases because both Sneijder and VdV will be ahead of him in midfield. There's no way Marcelo is going to gain a midfield spot ahead of those two.

·
Registered
62,100 Posts
Let's look at this rationally...

- We allow too many goals.
- Marcelo can't defend.
- Marcelo CAN attack and dribble down the flank.
- Heinze and Torres can't attack.
- Heinze and Torres CAN defend (sometimes).

Let's offer our backline some stability with Bernd's "best defense in the world" (Ramos-Pepe-Canna-Heinze) and then use two real out-and-out wide men in Robben and Marcelo.

Juande did the same thing with Adriano at Sevilla. He switched him from LB to LW to unleash his attacking potential.

Not a bad idea.

·
Registered
38,252 Posts
I agree it is not a bad idea, but I don't think it is good enough as a starting solution. Of course, it gives us a different dynamic and it is something we can try with 20 minutes to go for defensive stability - but to bench Sneijder for Marcelo is just not acceptable, IMO.

A midfield of Robben, Lass, Gago and Sneijder has a bit of everything. It's important to have at least one football brain in midfield to dictate the game. Gago and Sneijder can build our football, and we'll be much better for it, if you ask me.

·
Registered
62,100 Posts
But Mo... Sneijder sucks, dude.

·
Registered
17,451 Posts
I don't like the idea of having Sneijder/VDV on the wings at all. We don't need 'fake' wingers; we need players who can run at the defence with pace and flair.

I like the idea of Marcelo playing on the wing more than I like him playing at left back. I also like the idea of Palanca getting a run more than I like buying anyone on that list.

Well, when the President is under pressure to pacify the demands the supporters make (especially, when he makes one imprudent promise after another, which he shouldn't); the last thing he prefers is to expend his conviction on the Castilla, as unfortunate as it is.
Yes, but the socios would also rather give a chance to the Castilla than buy no-names.

I thought Sneijder was ambidextrous?
Regardless, a RW/RM is necessary.
It doesn't necessarily need to be a right sided/footed player. Wingers can usually play on either side (unless you're Joaquin or Vicente). Robben is just as, if not more effective on the right side even though he's a left footed player. We just need flair on both flanks. But I fear that Mo is right and we will see Robben-Sneijder/VDV on the wings. Because with Lass and Gago in the middle; I don't think we'll see all of Guti, Sneijder and VDV on the bench. Especially the former 2.

---

Get me Arshavin; or someone who is equivalent or better. If not, don't sign anyone.

1 - 20 of 97 Posts