Xtratime Community banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To my fellow Inter fans,
I have been visiting here for some time and used to come here under another name. I have decided to start afresh as I was banned over a year ago. During my time away I very much wanted to respond to the various different messages that were being posted and would like to start my first post with an apology to people (Milan fans) I may have offended in the past and by saying that I have since reformed.

I am very surprised with Inter Milan Football Club at present. In my opinion, Peruzzi was one of our team's shining lights last season and our finishing fourth in the championship can be accredited to his great goalkeeping displays. I am unable to understand the reasons behind our club wanting to offload him to Lazio.

With regards to Panucci I was disappointed to hear about his likely departure as he put in a number of good performances and mamaged to score a few goals. He added another dimension to our team and I am wondering whether build up work and assistance for our strikers will become more onerous in his absence.

If there is one thing I would very much like for season 2000/2001 it would be to have Pirlo fitted into our starting lineup. He was exceptional at Reggina and I feel that he can only add to our team if given the opportunity. I also hope that Recoba will be staying and that Peruzzi will stay as both Recoba and Peruzzi were valuable components of our team.

With regards to Sukur, I am not really sure what to think. As a player that has already been tried and tested in Serie A I am of the opinion that we should make the best of the talents we have as opposed to purchasing players whose ability to play in Italy is already questionable. Although it could be argued that with better service, Sukur may be more successful with us than what he was at Torino.

I also hope that season 2000/2001 will allow us to see and enjoy Vieri and Ronaldo. I hope that both players will overcome the difficulties they are having with their respective injuries.

Talk to you all soon.

Forza Internazionale!

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
Senna, why were you banned before? You don't write now like a guy who would be banned.

Anyway, you're right about Peruzzi. He was very important to the team. But part of the reason he's going to Lazio is that the team is making a commitment to Frey. Frey, at 19, already is one of the best goalies in Italy. So I understand the move, even though I think it's a year to early in Frey's development for him to be Inter's No. 1 'keeper. But, in a year, Peruzzi would not interest as many teams as he does now.

As for Recoba, I no longer care where he plays, Uruguay, Pakistan or Torino! But if he plays with Inter, I hope his attitude changes. Maybe we should just sell him and give all his playing time to Pirlo. At least Pirlo claims to be excited about playing for Inter. Recoba is only excited about playing for himself.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts