Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 95 Posts

·
Registered
8,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was he?

I can't recall it. In fact, due to the fact that I wasn't around in the days of El Diego, I can't recall that I've seen a player of Ronaldinho's calibre.

I just loved the way he CRUSHED, DESTROYED, HUMULIATED Terry on mere physical power on the goal. :D

·
Banned
23,575 Posts
I don´t but what I know is that he is not as effective as Lampard.

"Scored goals for his country, got 19 for his club, 31 assists, runs over ten miles per game, played just about everygame this season (save one?) and on his 140+th consecutive game. Has everything to his game, can outmuscle, can DEFEND, can outrun and so on. All Ronaldinho has over Lamps is flair, does flair win games, or get goals, does flair make last ditch tackles, does flair cover every blade of grass.... not in my mind. And as mentioned, if flair is the deciding factor then surely we should watch performers instead of football. Lampard won't win it as that is the English destiny/fate it seem's but he deserves it like no other."

·
Registered
8,387 Posts
Zidane has my love, but he never had what Ronaldinho had as a player. Have you ever seen a man make Terry look like such a BITCH in a gme. He made him look like a child.

·
Registered
410 Posts
I feel sorry for Terry Really. U cant blame him Though He was against Ronaldinho.

·
Registered
505 Posts
With all due respect to Zidane. He had very good moments, has scored important goals, carried teams, entertained the football world but Ronaldinho is altogether in another level.
His goal against Milan last season
His goals against Chelsea last season
His brace against Madrid earlier this season
Just when you want someone to rise to the occasion, he's always there.
But Zidane at his prime is not that far behind.

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
Zidane in his great days made you feel you'd never get the ball off of him. Ronaldinho regularly loses possession or gets outmuscled (yeah he outmuscled terry for the goal but there were many occasions when he lost the ball far too easily). It's just one of the reasons why I think Zidane was a better player. He probably contributed more to the team static wise as well.
I don't understand why everyone's raving about Ronaldinho in such superlative ways tbh. He's great, probably the best at the moment, but ppl are consistently mentioning him as being the best ever or one of the best ever... he's not.

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
CarlosMiguel said:
Zidane has my love, but he never had what Ronaldinho had as a player. Have you ever seen a man make Terry look like such a BITCH in a gme. He made him look like a child.
Zidane's humiliated many top class midfielders (he DID play in midfield remember) and defenders in his long amazing career as well. Probably far more than Ronaldinho has so far in his short career. Let's see how the next few years pan out for him first eh?
How quickly ppl forget, shows how fickle football fans are. One football great is close to retirement because of age, another football king takes the opportunity and rises and is immediately better than the former even though his career's just started. The King is dead, long live The King. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
28,738 Posts
zidane's best for me was in euro 2000, he commanded and orchestrated. he has been a more nautral playmaker whereas Ronaldinho is more mobile and dangerous in one on one situations.

i believe Ronaldinho is better and more effective.

·
Registered
3,723 Posts
I think Zidane was a better player than Ronaldinho.

Ronnie brings moments of magic but Zidane was just altogether more effective, more consistently, whilst at the same time being great to watch.

I can't remember seeing a greater player than Zidane in my lifetime, in all honesty. Save for Maradona in his twilight years, or Paolo Maldini.

·
Registered
38,252 Posts
CarlosMiguel said:
Woaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Let's hang on a damn minute here, folks.

Zinedine Zidane in his prime was art in motion, he had everything Ronaldinho has... and more.

He made the game look so easy, the elegance and grace is unmatched IMO.

I think it's wrong to compare them, they are different players in essence.

Both are going to end their careers being the finest of their respective generations, let's enjoy, and cut out the pointless comparisons. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
505 Posts
[/QUOTE]He made the game look so easy, the elegance and grace is unmatched IMO.

Both are going to end their careers being the finest of their respective generations, let's enjoy, and cut out the pointless comparisons. :thumbsup:[/QUOTE]

:thumbsup:
Zidane's elegance is unrivalled, Ronaldinho's wizardy is undreamt of...No point comparing the two.

1 - 20 of 95 Posts