Xtratime Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
14,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
to leave him out of the team. The dutch coach always wanted to rivaldo at the left side. the brazilian star wanted to play at the centre.

Maybe Van Gaal was right: rivaldo is superb at making actions on the left but as a playmaker he carries the ball way to long, he never passes tha bal unless there is no ther option. At Barcelona this was really noticed by a lot of people, but in the brazilian national team, you see it all the time. The match against england and now against paraguay. isn't it better to leave him at the left side (or even out of the team????) and play with a real playmaker like marcelinho?

A

·
0 Posts
this should be the line up:

__________________________dida______________________________

__cafu___________edmilson_________zago__________roberto.c__

__marcelinho_____________ricardinho______________rivaldo___

_________________________alex_______________________________

_______________ronaldinho__________romario_________________

subs:
marcos
roque junior
franca
vampeta
edilson

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
i like the team you picked. especially ronaldinho-romario in the front. that would be 4 goals a game, because both of those guys want the ball all the time and they go back to the midfield to get it. (romario was the master of that in the 1994 world cup, just charging at the swedish defenders!)

rivaldo is brazil's best player. he has to play. look, if brazil didn't have rivaldo, they would have about 3 goals in 5 games, and they would have lost to ecuador. it would be a huge joke, even bigger than now.

the answer: alex must play.

and get rido of zago now. he will be too old for world cup 2002, and he will not be in the partnership with aldair, so you cannot make the argument that the defenders all know each other. get rid of him now and let edmilson-rjunior be the defenders of the future.

A

·
0 Posts
if you are thinking that way then even romario wouldnt be young enough to play in the WC2002 so we should also not play him?????????
i think he is great but he has only one more year in him.
roque junior is good but short of top class experience over the next 2 years he will get used to playing in italy and top class footbal and in the 13 qualifiers left we can slowly and steadily remove zago and get roque junior in.

·
Canonized
37,734 Posts
falcao,
alex has played in 3 of the 5 games and did nothing in all of them..only agaisnt Uruguay he was Ok.
anelka, good set of players, but we need some tackling in midfield....+ ricaridnho , alex and Rivaldo in the sae team would be too confusing.
God...liked your post:) i say leave rivaldo out of the team, and put Ricaridnho a real team player:)

After teh argentina game i think the line up should be:
dida
cafue edmilson roque Jr. Roberto carlos (Athirson)

Vagner Felipe (vampeta)

Marcelinho Ricardinho

Edilson Romario

·
Registered
10,588 Posts
What's up with Denilson? Why isn't he playing?

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
ze da fiel, you said alex was OK against uruguay? he was terrific against uruguay. when he came in the game, the whole team was different. brazil was all attack with him in the team. without him, brazil looked like a bunch of girls. at least he should get a chance.

so what if he didn't do too much in the other games? the other players didn't do anything either.

A

·
0 Posts
ze cannot afford to leave ronaldinho out of the team.
that guy has got an instinct for the goal i think so he alongside romario is the perfect solution to our goal socring problems.
brazil has played 5 matches without a goal from a striker and he got a substitute appearance in the first one and then a start against uruguay where he played down the right.which is not his natural position he is much better when he plays a free role or an attacker.
he should be in the team atleast against argentina and believe me if luxemburgo allows him to play the full match as a forward then believe me you are gonna see a muchbetter performance.

·
Canonized
37,734 Posts
anelka,
He wil be in the team...but that is not the problem..the problem is that the ball does not arrive on the forwards, they got no support...the problem is in MIDFIELD.
Tazz nice to see you around :)

·
Registered
10,588 Posts
YEAH ZA

i told you i would be around here for teh whole week(7 days at least):) before the big game.

Also guys.....no one has answered me why isn't Denilson playing i am sure he can play on the left side of a 4-2-4 or 4-5-1. WAZUP with that?

There is no one on the team that can bring Denilson's element to the fore once he doesn't over dribble as usual.

Even Alex is not quite as good as Denilson can be yet.

I say stick in Denilson or Alex on the left and Angel foot or Ronaldinho Gaucho on the right.

·
Canonized
37,734 Posts
he hates the angel foot :(
about Denilson he holds the ball too much (more than Rivaldo, don't know how!:)) and kills counter attacks.
he played agaisnt Wales, England and Peru..and was not very good (except agaisnt wales were he crossed to Elber score)

A

·
0 Posts
it just seems that he is out of touch and good form.
he has been a super flop at real betis.every body expects a teams standing to increase when they meke the worlds most expensive transfer.but infact betis got relegated. :confused:

A

·
0 Posts
now where is elber gone.
hasnt played since playing against colombia.
has never even been called up to the squad.

·
Running a lax ship
17,525 Posts
...injured & not good enough !

1 - 15 of 15 Posts