Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Banned
3,390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Obviously yes. Waddle is the best winger the world has known since the late 80s. Extremely gifted and very succesful with his teams.
C. ronaldo on the other hand floats along with a great team, contributing only when he pleases...leaving the hard work for Rooney and others.

Discuss

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
31,893 Posts
I only saw videos of George Best.. i think is very good... might be better than cRon.

Waddle... no clue, wasnt Lineker the guy doing the work :D

·
Registered
12,484 Posts
Judging by that video, C.Ronaldo is definately better. I never saw Waddle, I started watching football when Robbie Fowler scored five goals on his debut (91/92/93) - so he was a little before my time.

·
Registered
893 Posts
Ok, maybe it's not meant to be a serious question, but...

Waddle was MORE of a winger than CRon - he hugged the touchline and came inside less. He couldn't finish and had less footwork and trickery, but was better at the classical winger's swerve to go outside the full-back.

Why don't you ask whether the John Barnes at Liverpool contributed more to his team and was a better forward than CRon? There's no obvious answer to that one.

·
A true hero
31,455 Posts
Waddle was the ultimate Steve McManaman, really.

He's more classy to watch than Ronaldo I guess, but Ronaldo has absolutely everything. Maybe Waddle can move the ball in tighter spaces but Ronaldo is never moving slowly enough to really find out.

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
McMananam was more of a ball carrier than a dribbler, he couldn't make defenders look pathetic and slow like Waddle could.

also McManaman basically lost the plot once Madrid started paying him fortunes, so he only really had half a career.

·
Banned
23,575 Posts
...leaving the hard work
football is not a construction site muppet, Ronaldo has scored a lot of goals and gave many assists thats what counts. Thats the hard part of football scoring.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts