Xtratime Community banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Rising Star
1,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
As you may know already, in Italy not all fans are hostile to each other. Between many of them exists a friendship, "gemmellagio" as tthey would say in Italy(twinship would be a more literal translation). Friendships are usually created by the ultras but in time other fans also accept it. I'd like to give you here a list of Lazio's friends and enemies, so that you avoid any unpleasant situations when you go to Italy :D

I'll start with friends:

HELLAS VERONA: We are having a great relationship with them for years now. They are a great tifoseria, and loyal friends. The previous season when they barely escaped relegation there were at least 2000 of them in every away match.

INTER: Always had good relations with them but a formal gemmellagio was not established until the 90ties and it's holding great. I remeber an Inter banner during the 1998 UEFA Cup final:"Un finale non cancella l'amicizia" (One final does not cancel friendship).

TRIESTINA: Currnetly in Serie C1 so we are just having a contact with them through Tifonet.

REAL MADRID: Gemmellagio formed during our encounter in the CL in 2000/2001 season.

Other fans we have good relations with but not a formal gemmellagio are Sampdoria and Torino.

And here are our enemies: :fero: :fero: :fero: :fero: :fero:

ROMA: Need I say more?

NAPOLI: The worst behaved fans in Italy! Thanks to them, the club is the most hated in country! Wherever they go they make trouble and they greet everyone that comes to Napoli with stones, sticks, bottles and other "equipment"...Communicating with some Laziali from Rome who have been to away matches in Napoli, they say it was nothing short of a war there! I'm glad they are in Serie B an I hope they stay there.

FIORENTINA: Also bad behaved fans. Just look what they were doing to their players this year. They cheered when they drew with us in 1999 thus preventing us from winning lo Scudetto and did the same the following year(but failed to take away what was rightfully ours). But what goes around comes around, so last Sunday we had the honour of sending them to Serie B! Yes!

ATALANTA: Another bunch of dispicable barbarians. In the early eighties they grabbed an Inter fan at San Siro and threw him off the top deck! Plus they hate anything that comes from Rome(or anywhere else other then Bergamo).

MILAN: Hostilities largely due to our gemmellagio with Inter but there is a small matter of the 1999. Scudetto too.

JUVENTUS: Also a team despised by virtually everybody, but for reasons different then Napoli. Remember 2000.? I thought you would!

GENOA: Lots of fights with them in the 80ties amd 90ties. Lately, lots of their fans have come to our sites offering that we bury hatches so something might change there.

That about does it. I wanted to get you aquainted with the tifo situation in Italy itself a bit. I hope the post is not too long.

·
Registered
6,820 Posts
hey Milos:)

Thats an interesting post.

I have to admit that my knowledge of this "area" is rather limited. I knew about Inter, Viola & Napoli, but not about the rest.

·
Registered
672 Posts
I'm especially proud of our friendship with Verona, because it's sort of my 2nd team in Italy. When I was in the lazio section of the stadium at Milan-Lazio both Inter & Verona fans were present to support Lazio alongside the Lazio fans which I thought was pretty cool. A Verona fan I got to know even invited me to see a Verona match some time.

Last year when I went to Milan to see Inter-Lazio they decided the match had to be played in Bari so I couldn't go to that match, so since I had my sisters' car (who lived in milan at that time) I drove to Verona and saw Verona-Bologna, a decisive game for Verona --> if they lost they would have been sure of relegation.
The match was one of the most spectacular games I've ever seen (live).... it ended 5-4 for Verona (Beppe Signori scored 2 goals for Bo so it was hard not to cheer when he scored though :D). The Verona fans were really cool & were very friendly towards me.... a Lazio fan from Belgium. In the end Verona miraculously managed to stay in serie A that year!

Not all the Lazio fans are proud of the gemellaggio with Verona though. Verona fans are said to be racist & anti-Southern Italy... including Rome. But that's just a minority, just like a lot at other teams ...

·
International
6,519 Posts
Lightoller said:

REAL MADRID: Gemmellagio formed during our encounter in the CL in 2000/2001 season.

:confused::confused:

AM... Did I miss something here ?? :rolleyes: I don't like Real Madrid, and remembering the way they have taken the points away from us back then disgusts me still.. Gemmellagio ? I don't think so...

·
Registered
672 Posts
some people seem to have a problem with the word gemellaggio here eheheh :D

anyway aca: you said you didn't know about the friendship with the Verona fans? I've brought up a thread I wrote a few months ago! What's your excuse? :D

Matjaz: A friendship between the fans doesn't have to do with anything happening on the pitch.....but I still don't support the Real gemellaggio....they've got mostly arrogant fans, though the lazio fans had a very warm welcome in Madrid when Lazio had to play against Real, there was a big dinner etc... that's nice isn't it? :)

·
Registered
672 Posts
But anyway.....the fans we should definitely include in a twinship are the LIVERPOOL fans in my opinion :cool:

·
Flop
5,498 Posts
Very interesting Topic. Does anyone know about friendships or gemellagio between any other clubs.

Yeah, we should be friends with Liverpool too. They seem to have a good grip on our cross-town rivals. :D

·
Rising Star
1,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I fully support Kevin's idea! :) BTW, Kevin, did you know that Inter and Verona broke up their gemmellagio?

·
Star Player
2,961 Posts
AquilaBelga said:
But anyway.....the fans we should definitely include in a twinship are the LIVERPOOL fans in my opinion :cool:
:proud: I would LOVE that:cool:
Jakob, they may beat us 5-1 in Serie A, but Liverpool is always there to take the revenge in the Champions League on behalf of Lazio:D Great idea, Kev:)

·
Registered
713 Posts
AquilaBelga said:
in both games against Roma this year in the CL liverpool fans were singing Lazio songs.. :cool: , and I remember seeing a big banner in Olimpico after the Roma-Liverpool game saying GRAZIE LIVERPOOL , and LIVERPOOL WINNERS OF THE CL 2001/02 ...

plus I think that those fans are the best in the world !

a gemmellagio is surely requested...;)
LAZIO WILL NEVER WALK ALONE TOO :cool:

·
Rising Star
1,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
AquilaBelga said:
Yes I heard about it, but I don't know why? Enlighten me :)
Well I only have Inter's side of the story. Apparently Brigate Gialloblu changed their leadership and the new one did not want to be associated with Inter. Go to http://curvanordmilano.rete.it/ , click on the "Comunicati" and you'll see the official communiquee. But , as I said it's just one side of the story.

·
Registered
265 Posts
AquilaBelga said:
... Verona fans are said to be racist & anti-Southern Italy... including Rome. But that's just a minority, just like a lot at other teams ...
Rome is not southern Italy, its in Lazio which is in west-central Italy. Furthermore, Rome is in the middle of Lazio:)

·
Registered
672 Posts
OH IS IT REALLY???

:dazed:

EHEHHEHEHE

To the Northern Italians Rome IS part of 'Southern Italy' ....that's my point! They're jealous of the nicer weather & the nearby coast. Or as a banner exposed towards the milanisti once said:

"A NOI IL SOLE E IL MARE, A VOI LA NEBBIA"
(We have the sun & the sea, you have the fog (very common in the Po-plane))

·
Registered
265 Posts
Oh I see, thanks for the follow up Aquila. The farthest north I've ever been in Italy is Venezia, and I really can't say there was a difference compared to Rome weather-wise, in the summer at least.

·
Registered
2,351 Posts
Re: Re: War and peace

Matjaz said:

:confused::confused:

AM... Did I miss something here ?? :rolleyes: I don't like Real Madrid, and remembering the way they have taken the points away from us back then disgusts me still.. Gemmellagio ? I don't think so...
mee too, how come, i really dislike them :yuck:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts