Xtratime Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
I think if you asked most managers in the world who they'd rather have out of Ferdinand, Nesta and Cannavaro, they would choose Rio without hesitation.

·
Registered
13,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
And how do u know taht answer...are u in frequent contact with the manegerial elite of Europe.

I would take Nesta or Canna without even thinking for a sec.

Here is a list of CENTRAL Defs i would rather have than RIO
in no order
Nesta
Canna
Coloccini
Laursen
Tudor
Thuram
Samuel
Placente ( can play there evne htough is better out wide IMO)
Simic
Montero
Cordoba
Materazzi
Helguera
Lucio
Hofland

And thats just of the top of my head

Lav

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
and seaman is the best goalkeeper in the world... :howler:

just ask ronaldinho... :D:D:D

·
Registered
13,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Carson35 said:
and seaman is the best goalkeeper in the world... :howler:

just ask ronaldinho... :D:D:D
A likemided soul

next we will hear that Becks is the best midfielder in the world ;) :D

Lav

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
Haha. You havent a clue, you just dont like English players, thats your problem. Half of them defenders wouldnt even get into the Liverpool squad thats how crap some of them are.

·
Registered
47,298 Posts
Lav said:
And how do u know taht answer...are u in frequent contact with the manegerial elite of Europe.

I would take Nesta or Canna without even thinking for a sec.

Here is a list of CENTRAL Defs i would rather have than RIO
in no order
Nesta
Canna
Coloccini
Laursen
Tudor
Thuram
Samuel
Placente ( can play there evne htough is better out wide IMO)
Simic
Montero
Cordoba
Materazzi
Helguera
Lucio
Hofland

And thats just of the top of my head

Lav
You could hardly find another one....
however this defenders are all on the same level of Rio exception made for Laursen, Placente (in that position), Coloccini, Hofland, Materazzi (!!!), Simic, Cordoba and the last seen Thuram.

·
Star Player
4,328 Posts
Rio is a good player, but he's not comparable to Nesta or Cannavaro. Campbell has improved since his move to Arsenal, for a while he was the weak link in the England defence.

Adams?! maybe 15 years ago.

But I would always choose Nesta and Cannavaro over Ferdinand and Campbell.

·
Registered
13,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ToniSamp said:

You could hardly find another one....
however this defenders are all on the same level of Rio exception made for Laursen, Placente (in that position), Coloccini, Hofland, Materazzi (!!!), Simic, Cordoba and the last seen Thuram.
Sorry mate

Last season what is saw of Laursen i would take him over Rio anyday
Placente just has more talent
Coloccini his performances so far in argentina and spain have been better than naything rio has put up
Hofland well i think he is better
Materazzi it was one mistake, last year for Inter him on Cordoba were the reasons inter went sofar
Simic can man mark any man out of a game
Cordoba well ask inter fans
Thuram..had an off season then again mr fergurson would rather hve him then RIO.

Lav

·
Fuoriclasse
13,912 Posts
Sorry Lav, can't agree with you here mate. Rio Ferdinand is awesome and I would definitely get in before most of the aforementioned guys. His style suits the British game, that's all. I'm not too keen on it but let's not be dishonest on this.

Tony Adams is a joke.

·
Registered
13,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Steph u are telling me u would prefer Rio to Nesta or Canna.

All i can say is maybe its me but i dont think RIO is all that YET.

I think like 2 more years and he might be something.

Tony Adams we all know is a joke.

Lav

·
Fuoriclasse
13,912 Posts
Van Nistelrooy - Everybody agrees with my avatar! :D

Lav - Nah, I equivocally specified that I would go for Rio before most of the aforementioned guys. The likes of Coloccini, Laursen, Lucio, Cordoba, Laursen, Hofland etc... But guys like Canna, Tudor, Nesta and Samuel are indeed in a class of their own, each of them in their own style - from unerring marking and aerial control to instant display reading without forgetting anticipation. From my perspective, the gap -albeit not that big- between Rio and these 3 guys is essentially due the dominion of Italian defensive culture. Some defenders feel more at ease when marking individually than when playing in zone. But beyond that, what matters is the player's contribution to the team. Rio might not be as skillful as Nesta (i.e.) but somehow, I believe the Englishman brings as much to the game, the English one for instance. It takes certain qualities to suit one game to perfection and on the other hand, exported elsewhere they wouldn't automatically ensure success. It's nothing but a matter of taste, Lav. ;)

Ciao.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts