Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
79,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Vs

Okay over a month to this one but I thought I will get things started. :)

Interesting statistic I heard the other day, Wales only won one game in over 10 games ..... can you guess who that was againts? yes it was againts us!!
in 2004 we have been pathetic and its about time things improved.

I aint got a clue whats gonna happen here, will lothar carry on with the 4-4-2 which got us our lucky win againts Malta or go back to the 3-5-2? your guess is as good as mine.
What is inevitable he won't pick the same defense, midfield or strikers than the last game, he never does :) plus by the time the game comes around Kovács Peti would not have played for many months due to the winter break in Norway and all of our defense as the all play in NB1. So really this is the ideal time for lothar to experiment ;) but I want him to keep the spine of the team.

Personally I would go back to the 3-5-2, I will bring in Lőw in the starting line up for Huszti .... Huszti was poor before the break and lőw deserves a chance to put right his mistake he made last time againts Wales :).

my line up for this game

--------------Király-------------
------Juhász---Stark---Gyepes-----
-Bodnár----Lisztes----Dárdai----Lőw-
---------------Gera--------------
-----Torghelle-------Szabics----​

I'm hopeful that Krisz will be fit by then :) if not Rósa or Fehér in his place ;)

My Tipp: Wales 3 San Hungarino 0 :stress:

·
Registered
79,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
January sale for Tosh test

JOHN Toshack's new reign as Wales manager goes under the microscope for the first time next month.

Wales take on Hungary in a friendly at the Millennium Stadium - and tickets go on sale to the public on Monday.

The game, on Wednesday, February 9 (kick-off 8pm), is the first full international since the disappointing autumn end to Mark Hughes' managership.

Wales lost to Poland in a World Cup qualifier in Cardiff last October and within weeks Hughes had quit to take charge of Blackburn Rovers.

The Hungary fixture was agreed long before Toshack began his second stint at the helm of the national side.

But it could prove to be a useful dress rehearsal for the World Cup double-header against Austria. They visit Cardiff on March 26, with the return in Vienna four days later.

Thousands of tickets for the Hungary clash have already been snapped up by members of the Football Association of Wales database.

But the general public can buy tickets from 9am on Monday, with prices at middle tier (£25), upper tiers (£15) and family enclosure (£10 and £5). All prices are subject to a booking fee. They are on sale from Ticketline UK in Westgate Street, Cardiff; phone 08700 667799, or 029 2023 0130.

·
Registered
79,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
word is Giggs will be fit in time ..... but I doubt Fergie will let him play in this friendly ;)

·
Registered
79,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
A Wales elleni bő keret

Kapusok: Király Gábor (Crystal Palace), Szűcs Lajos (Ferencváros), Rabóczki Balázs (FC Köbenhavn)

Védők: Bodnár László (Roda JC), Nikolov Balázs (Debreceni VSC), Dragóner Attila (Vitória Guimaraes), Stark Péter (Győri ETO), Juhász Roland (MTK Budapest), Éger László (Debreceni VSC), Gyepes Gábor (Ferencváros), Vanczák Vilmos (Újpest FC)

Középpályások: Huszti Szabolcs (Ferencváros), Pető Tamás (NAC Breda), Rósa Dénes (Ferencváros), Lipcsei Péter (Ferencváros), Tóth Balázs (Fehérvár FC), Fehér Csaba (PSV Eindhoven), Simek Péter (Újpest FC), Böőr Zoltán (Debreceni VSC), Vincze Ottó (Győri ETO),

Csatárok: Gera Zoltán (West Bromwich Albion), Kenesei Krisztián (Győri ETO), Hajnal Tamás (Sint-Truiden), Leandro (Ferencváros), Kerekes Zsombor (Debreceni VSC), Torghelle Sándor (Crystal Palace), Kovács Péter (Viking Stavanger), Rajczi Péter (Újpest FC)

------------------------------------

interesting Lothar recalls DragonAir after some form with Vitória Guimaraes.
Böőr Zoli is back after injury along with "junkie" Petö Tamás.

Nikolov has also made it into the "A" team.

Maybe Éger should be given a chance to see if he can cut it at this level also.

·
Registered
79,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Tosh ticket factor will make fans Hungary

Jan 20 2005

WELSH soccer chiefs are hoping the John Toshack oomph factor can swell the Millennium Stadium crowd for next month's friendly international with Hungary.

Just 4,000 tickets have so far been sold for the February 9 match - Toshack's first in charge of the national side since being appointed Wales manager last November.

Welsh fans, it appears, have become somewhat disillusioned with the national team following the World Cup flop under previous boss Mark Hughes.

But the FAW insist they are not over-concerned at the small number of tickets so far sold for the Hungary clash, arguing that the Toshack appeal can swell the gate in the next couple of weeks.

"Once John picks his first Wales squad next week, then interest in the Hungary match will begin in earnest," said FAW chief David Collins.

"You have to remember we've only just come out of the Christmas period and thoughts haven't really been focussed on Wales v Hungary.

"But once the Wales squad is announced, the buzz will start.

"And the fact that this will be John's first game as Wales manager will increase the appeal of the game. As the match gets closer, so we expect more and more tickets to be sold."

Collins insists that the sparse number of tickets which have been snapped up to date is the norm for February friendlies three weeks before a game.

He anticipates a Millennium Stadium gate in excess of 25,000 on the night.

And, for a comparison, he pointed to similar circumstances when east European minnows Bosnia were the visitors in Cardiff two years ago.

Back then, they had sold even less than 4,000 tickets, but 22,000 fans turned up for the match.

Last year's gate of 47,124 for the February friendly with Scotland was different, say the FAW, because of the glamour surrounding a Battle of Britain showdown.

And Collins added, "What we are saying about tickets is quite usual for a game which is against one of the less big countries.

"But once everybody gets back into the swing of things post-Christmas, then I'm quite confident that we will have an attendance for the Hungary friendly which does Welsh football proud."

http://icwales.icnetwork.co.uk/0600...-will-make-fans-hungary-for-it-name_page.html

·
Registered
79,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
A walesi keret

Kapusok:
Danny Coyne (Burnley), Mark Crossley (Fulham)

Védők:
Danny Collins (Sunderland), Robert Edwards (Wolverhampton Wanderers), Daniel Gabbidon (Cardiff), Robert Page (Cardiff), David Partridge (Motherwell), Sam Ricketts (Swansea), Neil Roberts (Tranmere), Rhys Weston (Cardiff)

Középpályások:
Simon Davies (Tottenham), Carl Fletcher (West Ham United), Ryan Giggs (Manchester United), Jason Koumas (West Bromwich Albion), Carl Robinson (Sunderland), Robbie Savage (Blackburn Rovers), Gavin Williams (West Ham United)

Csatárok:
Craig Bellamy (Newcastle United), Robert Earnshaw (West Bromwich Albion), John Hartson (Celtic Glasgow)

·
Registered
79,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ryan's in line to skipper Wales

RYAN GIGGS could be rewarded for his brilliant Manchester United form by becoming John Toshack's first Wales captain next week.

Giggs, as the most senior player in Toshack's squad, is the logical choice to lead out Wales in Wednesday night's Millennium Stadium friendly with Hungary - if he turns up for the match.

The only realistic rival to the United ace is Celtic star John Hartson.

But Giggs is due to win his 50th cap against the Hungarians. And it would be fitting if he were to be given the captain's armband and lead out Wales on the night.

Toshack has previously stated he is yet to decide who replaces Gary Speed as Wales' new captain.

But Toshack has spent the past 21 years as a manager on the continent, where he will have noted international sides giving the captain's armband to the most respected - or experienced - player in the side.

Giggs meets each requirement with Wales, possessing an aura none of his team-mates can match.

He is also the player in Toshack's first squad with most caps, Giggs' tally of 49 being followed by Hartson (45), the recalled Paul Jones (40) and then the controversial pair of Robbie Savage (39) and Craig Bellamy (30).

Giggs has often pulled out of friendly internationals in the past and United have a number of key matches coming up in the Premiership, FA Cup and Champions League.

But Wales are optimistic Giggs will play against the Hungarians - and the captaincy could be just the carrot to get him there.

----------------------

if he plays only a miracle can save us :nervous: :nervous: :nervous:

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hungarian Squad

Hello,

Does anyone know the Hungarian squad, with dates of birth, clubs caps and goals for the game against wales next week ?

Thanks
Neil

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Wb Neil.

I guessed you would lurk in here sooner or later. :)

Here is some info about players who has appeard in the NT last year.

http://www.mlsz.hu/start.mlsz?menu=valogatottkerettagok&pid=osszes

Just click on the names for more info.

Im not sure if the lineup has been anounced yet.

A lttle translation help

Születési ideje: date of birth
Válogatottság: Nt appearence
Gólok: Goals
Első mérkőzés: First appearance in NT
Klub: Club
Korábbi klubok: Previous clubs
Magasság(cm): Height
Súly(kg): Weight
Poszt: Position

·
Registered
3,356 Posts
Dragonhaslanded said:
Does anyone know the Hungarian squad ?

I think LO-thar has decided to strap on the boots and give it a go . He can't seem to put a team together, so he is going to do the only thing he knows best, play himself. :tongue: :tongue:

·
Registered
79,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
goalpdl said:
I think LO-thar has decided to strap on the boots and give it a go . He can't seem to put a team together, so he is going to do the only thing he knows best, play himself. :tongue: :tongue:
I give him credit for that, he was a great player.
I really enjoy his play in the CL final 99 ;)

·
Registered
79,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Dragonhaslanded said:
Anyone seen a match report from the Saudi Arabia game yet ?
here is one from hungariansoccer.com

It was a shocking display from an un interestead Hungarian side who didn't show any pride wearing the Red-White-Green Jerseay.

The only player who played over 1/10 was Goalkeeper Lajos Szűcs, he played 10/10.
He made several fine saves throughout the match. In the last 10 mins he had to produce 3 right out of the top draw.

In was a hugely disapointing dispaly from playmaker Ottó Vincze it was a perfect chance for him to show what he can do. He showed nothing that he could do a job inplace of suspended influential captian Zoltán Gera who misses the vital Bulgaria clash due to suspension.

Our best chance fell to Krisztián Kenesei, the striker was 3 meters infront of a open goal unmarked and instead of hiting the ball he hit is standing foot instead.

Coach lothar Matthäus after the game said he was satisfied with the performance which has angered Hungarian supporters.

1 - 20 of 76 Posts