Xtratime Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:depress: When is MP gonna be back? Does anyone know anything? What do the Deportivista physios say?
Héctor is a lousy replacement to the right back :star: . Look, his mistake cost us 2 points in the Bilbao game. A complete f*ckup by the Spanish second-rate player.
And maybe Irureta sent Tristan in too late on the field. Or should he have sent Pandiani who often scores late goals?
SH*T:doh:

·
Registered
10,086 Posts
Well, the error was really laughable:eek: What in God's name was he thinking?:dazed: Really sucks to lose a goal that way, especially after you scored moments earlier.
But overall I think it's fair to say Hector has been a pretty good stand-in. Nobody had a clue who he was before Manuel Pablo's unfortunate accident, and ever since his position has been unquestionable. Solid player, lacks some of MP creativity and flair, but certainly deserves some recognition. This was his first big blooper I think.

As for Manuel Pablo's return, i think it'll be due around April, but no sooner. A broken leg takes time to heal, we won't get around that.

·
Registered
3,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So maybe he still can play in the World Cup!:excited: He's better than Salgado and Mendieta (at Lazio) but hasn't practiced together with Spanish squad for a long time.

·
Registered
518 Posts
If we could get MP back, then much of the defence problems will be solved... :D

And Naybet will return from the Africa Cup!!

·
Registered
10,086 Posts
Manuel Pablo will be fighting to recover in time for the World Cup, but the chances seem pretty small:eek::irritate: Michel Salgado has slowly regained the form he presented some 2 years ago, and right now I'd bet on him or Puyol taking the rightback spot, ahead of a unknown quantity like Manuel Pablo.
Camacho will certainly be wishing and a hoping, cause Manuel Pablo was and still is the clear #1 rightback for Spain, but being away from the game for so long is just too big a question mark, and being the coward Camacho is, it's a bit surrealistic to hope he'll just go for Manuel Pablo without any proof of good form.

The defensive problems you mention don't seem to be that big a problem, although Naybet's return would be helpfull;) Hector can't be blamed too much for his defensive work - it's the offensive flair he lacks in comparison to Manuel Pablo.
Depor certainly have one of the more solid defenses, with or without Manuel Pablo.
Oh, and Naybet may be returning pretty quick, since Morocco were close to being eliminated, right?

·
Registered
3,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
labas said:
Depor certainly have one of the more solid defenses, with or without Manuel Pablo.
I disagree, Depor have conceded so many goals this season that your little fact is hard to believe.:(

·
Registered
10,086 Posts
it's not a fact, it's an opinion.

care to bring up the away and home stats? I wouldn't be surprised to see the away games once again have the deciding bearing:embarass:

·
Registered
3,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Oh if Depor once start losing they'll lose both home and away. That's for sure.

BTW check out the betting thread at Spanish national forum.

·
Registered
589 Posts
Manuel Pablo is Deportivo you are nothing without him...You lose both home and away and have already conceded 30 goals.

I do hope Pablo will be back soon because you should play in the champions league and beat Man Utd like you did last time.

well done.

Cheers :D

·
Registered
518 Posts
Well, these words are a bit harsh I think... Let me remind you that Deportivo have won against Barcelona, Arsenal, Valencia and away to Zaragoza and Manchester United WITHOUT MANUEL PABLO.

Indeed, the strong defence of Deportivo of the latest years is gone. But nevertheless they're alive in three competitions (Liga, Copa and CL).

Anyway, the return of MP would be a great boost to the team. But also without him Deportivo can do much.

greetings

·
Registered
518 Posts
This week, MP had his first training WITH ball. I don't know how things will evolve, but he could be back in 6-8 weeks.... :D

·
Registered
3,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
:happy: but there's always a chance that he won't fully recover soon and never be as great as he was before the injury. Let's hope he will and we'll see him play in WC.

Forza Manuel Pablo!

·
Registered
10,086 Posts
I'd call this very encouraging:hopefull: I dunno if he can regain top form, but surely he's got a chance, if he's started in... what is it? February!:eek:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts