Xtratime Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Chelsea set to be nobbled by wage and transfer caps

By Ian Grant

Read the Commons Select Committee on football report. Listen to pronouncements from UEFA, including Gerhart Ainger’s statement that clubs like Chelsea are killing grass roots football.

The wage cap will be on its way sooner or later - and with it the end to Roman Abramovich’s competitive advantage through finances.

There’s a quote in the former report that football thrives on competition and uncertainty.

Quite a few football fans are gobsmacked that a rich owner can come from nowhere and buy up £120m of talent - around £90m more than the nearest rival, without little reaction from the authorities.

However, the winds of change are on their way, be they in the halls of Westminster, Lancaster Gate and Brussels.

The Premiership reaction to the report, will probably ultimately mean the government does bring in a regulator - and not before time.

===========================================

I got this article from ANR,written by Ian Grant,he seems to be speculating a lot and the article is very vague,but can this come true,does anyone know about law enough to give their opinion,because i am clueless about this sort of thing. :confused:

if it happened,this would shake up Europe wildly,the major spending clubs like Milan,Real,Chelsea and Inter would be thrown well out of whack,and well run astute clubs could be in with a chance against the big boys.

how would it work,would it be a percentage of turnover to be used,if it was the big clubs would stay in their sure spots,but i don't see how else they could do it.

any financial and law experts here on Xtratime ? ;)

i am thinking this wouldn't work to be honest,i can see Abramovich filling some brown envelopes already and sending them to Brussels,not that i am saying he is a corrupt thief at all,please don't get that impression. :D

·
Registered
10,421 Posts
I think a wage cap would be great. Now if you look at how many teams are in debt because of these outrageous wages they pay their players, it is shocking. Especially in Italy, where the combined debt of all the clubs is the highest in the whole of Europe. Also in Spain it is pretty bad and in smaller countries like Scotland or Holland, teams are battling for survival. All because at some teams more than 80% of their expenses are the wages. If they just do something like a maximum of 50% of the clubs income it would be better imo.

·
Registered
3,783 Posts
Prince-O said:
All because at some teams more than 80% of their expenses are the wages. If they just do something like a maximum of 50% of the clubs income it would be better imo.
in fact, i think all the clubs in the world can't earn much money. almost all the clubs face the financial problems.

your idea is great. but another problem then comes. would the clubs unveil their true financial report? perez, the club president, says we are in a good condition. but later on spanish media say perez and the club are losing money. i dunno who is lying.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts