Xtratime Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
dumbfounded...

CM 01/02 is like.... way bigger way different from cm3.

I'm in a muddle on the stats and the damn instruction book took me ages to read... :rolleyes:

But anyways, I'm going to do two games...

One with Manchester United and one with Swansea. Anyone got any tips on who to buy for Swansea? Cos this team have a few sucky players.

Btw. I play 3-5-2 attacking which means i don't need those DL/DR guys :)

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well I'm going to post again. :)

CM 01/02 crashed which really I'm quite thankful for because it allowed me to restart the Swansea game again! :D

I've been trying to sign some players having no luck, but i did get a decent Assistant manager. Some guy from Spain actually asked for 4,800 pound wages! :eek: Which is kinda taking the p*** out of us right now! But at least he said he would join. :rolleyes:

I played around with the features, asked the board to invest more into the Youth devolpement.... they said no... I decided not to send an ultimation cos really they wouldn't care if i was around or not! :eek: :rolleyes:

But anyway... I got some guy on loan, sent my scouts all over the place and managed to do good.... sort of...

I drew away to Kidderminister 1-1 with Sidibe scoring a late goal for us... Even though we dominated the match and I was about to complain about the referee until I saw that he waved on a penalty for the Kidds.... :rolleyes: An obvious foul too! :)

Anyway... After the match I gave Matthew Bound a warning for performing absolute crap... (a rating of 5. Counts as crap to me) he accepted it.

Next game Vs Shrewsbury (who i beat 9-0 in CM3!). I won 4-2 but the referee was like total mad! two penalties one red card and a ton of other things. :eek:

Mazzina got sent off for a two footed tackle on the striker in the BOX, i fined him a weeks wages as well as his normal 3 match ban and i didn't contest the ban because he deserved it. Stupid tackle anyway! :mad:

Bound was warned again for another crap (5) performance. I think I'm a little too nice right now... But i got Spencer (who in CM3 was a star guy for me) moaning that he wants a new contract and Casey moaning that he should be playing in place of Coates.... Who won team of the week twice in a row...

My.... So much has happened and only two games done! I'm enjoying this every bit! :D

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
How much money do you have? If you have about £300,000 then you should seriously invest in some Swedish under-21s as they turn into GODS. Players like Kallstrom, Bakircioglu, Lunden, Isakson(spelling???) etc...

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I would but i got like -50K in the bank... Swansea started out with 100K but since the start of the season has a lot of away games I don't think I'm getting much money in.

I've sold players and only brought one in from loan and one in from free transfer...

-50K is looking pretty bad. Hopefully I'll win a few matches in the League Cup and get some more money coming in. I have quite a lot more Away games compared to Home games in the next 3 months! o_0

Can't buy no players without money hehe.

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I FINALLY DID IT!!!!! WOOOOOOO!

Game after game i have failed to beat a Premier Division side with Division three Swansea but I FINALLY DID IT!

League Cup 4th Round:

Arsenal Vs Swansea.

Full Time, Extra Time Score: 0-0
Swansea win on penalties: 3-4

Next up WEST HAM... I'm hoping for a 1-0 win over them. But damn was I shocked. I was half expecting Arsenal to hammer me 5-0 odd... Luck I suppose...

The board are so inconsiderate.. They said they were happy with the performance against Arsenal.... What do they think we are? World beaters? I'd have thought they would be more than happy for beating Arsenal...

Oh well. 2nd in division 3 about 10 points away from Luton who have yet to lose... weird. Well onwards marching SWANS :):D

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
btw..... here's the league cup run so far..

1st round: Beat Mansfield 4-1 at home
2nd round: Beat Burnley 5-4 on penalties AWAY
3rd round: Beat Notts Co. 3-0 AWAY
4th round: Beat Arsenal 4-3 on penalties AWAY
Quarter Finals: Vs West Hame at home
Semi Finals: I'm betting Manchester United... :(

FA Cup run

1st round: Beat Torquay 4-2 at home
2nd round: Vs Hull (hull beat us 1-2 earlier)

Romo won player of the month this month. :) Very proud of my team so far... just getting hit by a lot of injuries... :(

1 - 6 of 6 Posts