Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
66,413 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you're going to completely destroy the flow and epic nature of the sport at least get the calls right you Swiss low-lifes.

First you don't give Serbia a clear penalty and likely cost them a Rd. of 16 spot then you call a clearly accidental handball a penalty against Portugal in the dying seconds effectively knocking Russia out of the Rd. of 16 as we have no chance against Spain.

I'd rather relive S. Africa all over again rather than put up with this game killing VAR shit.

#fvckVAR #flamerpride

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
That was not a clear penalty for Serbia. It's typical holding/grabbing you see in 99% of corners and set pieces with a touch of flopping and exaggeration.

·
Registered
66,413 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Pardon my French but are you high on rock, lol? You can't just blatantly huge a player like that, it was a clear foul/yellow card.

·
1st Tier Poster
49,682 Posts
not giving a penalty for Rojo handball was a good decision IMO

it clearly wasn't deliberate...although an argument could be made that the handball was still his fault as he mucked up his header

Mascherano's one was a bit harsh btw...many way worse wrestling situations have not been called

but yeah overall VAR is clearly ruining this World Cup...WAY too many penalties (and keep in mind many hard fouls have not even been called...refs will keep a harder line now after England FA officially complained about those wrestling moves on Kane)

·
Registered
86 Posts
They should make every team to have 3 (or less or more) chances in a match to call a VAR (like in tennis), because sometimes the referee refuses to use VAR and it’s a clear penalty.

·
1st Tier Poster
49,682 Posts
They should make every team to have 3 (or less or more) chances in a match to call a VAR (like in tennis), because sometimes the referee refuses to use VAR and it’s a clear penalty.
No

It would destroy football completely...there will be 2 penalties per game on average.

·
Administrator
30,570 Posts
In other hand, some players are trying to stay up and fight for balls they would stop and cry and the bogus offside calls are mininum. There is very bad sittuation (specially the weird sittuation were should have been a call like the Swiss Sandwich on Serbian player or Boateng pk in the Sweden game early on, at least to have the referee analysing it), but It is not that big disaster. Plus Russia in theory has no chance against anyone from now on.

·
Administrator
52,890 Posts
Yup, VAR is good. If anything it's too good, now we seeing way more fouls refs have to act on because it's on tape. Kinda fouls refs used to be busy to notice.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
66,413 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Completely kills the game, turning football into American Football. You get some calls and some calls you don't get, deal with it people.

The opposite of what people want to happen is going to happen as this won't actually make the sport better but completely ruin it. All suspense will be taken out of the game, especially as a nuetral; player goes down in the box? Who cares the sequence will be reviewed anyway, why get excited? Did the ball cross the line or not No need to get out of your seat they'll review it 15 times if need be.

·
Administrator
52,890 Posts
So you want constant mistakes to decide the game?

Your post doesn't make sense since you made this thread to complain about so called mistakes it didn't catch?

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
66,413 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I was pointing out the irony of it. And like I said Os, you get some calls and you don't, just live with it.

·
Registered
17,530 Posts
VAR is fantastic. Are there still a few mistakes, yes of course. Are there way less than before. Absolutely.

Also this is the beginning, VAR will get better with time as well (either through new technology or because the VAR's will learn with experience).

Football without VAR absolutely sucks.

·
Registered
17,126 Posts
Var changes the way the game is played. All the simulation and shirt tugging can be eliminated. It can take a while to adjust.

·
Registered
34,454 Posts
I havent watched a lot of games but almost every game i watched the crowd screams Russia during the game (Iceland v Croatia most recent example). Even though Russia isnt playing. I cant remember that in previous World Cups.

·
Administrator
30,570 Posts
That is weird? Why they dont shout Ukraine or Mongolia?

·
Registered
34,454 Posts
That is weird? Why they dont shout Ukraine or Mongolia?
They shouldnt shout anything.

Cant remember say Arg v Belgium game last World Cup fans screaming Brazil, Brazil.

Why shout random. In a totally neutral game Russia isnt playing in. So random.

1 - 20 of 68 Posts