Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sunday 2 pm.

Interesting... we're ona bad run and need to focus so we can get back on the rails. Leiecester play an interesting style (Lump it and header ;)) and with our defence (Desially) we sometimes get caught out by the long ball. I went to the game earlier on this season at the bridge and we did struggle against then, however they're defence is weak and we should be able to score freely.


Prediction 3 - 1

Hasselbaink 1, Mutu 1 (Yes) , Gudjohnsen 1

Expected team is that Desially will come in for Gallas, Melchiot may well come in for Johnsen. Gronkjaer in for Geremi(I hope) or Cole. Hasselbank will come infor Crespo and Eidur and Mutu will battle for a palce up front, or Mutu could well be given a birth in midfield.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,513 Posts
JackoTheDon said:
Sunday 2 pm.

Interesting... we're ona bad run and need to focus so we can get back on the rails. Leiecester play an interesting style (Lump it and header ;)) and with our defence (Desially) we sometimes get caught out by the long ball. I went to the game earlier on this season at the bridge and we did struggle against then, however they're defence is weak and we should be able to score freely.


Prediction 3 - 1

Hasselbaink 1, Mutu 1 (Yes) , Gudjohnsen 1

Expected team is that Desially will come in for Gallas, Melchiot may well come in for Johnsen. Gronkjaer in for Geremi(I hope) or Cole. Hasselbank will come infor Crespo and Eidur and Mutu will battle for a palce up front, or Mutu could well be given a birth in midfield.
The last thing Mutu needs right now is to play in midfield. He is on bad form and if Ranieri loses faith in his shooting already then he will just get less and less confident.

However, he played left-midfield vs. Leicester last time and played extremely well. His passing was superb, his skill was amazing, and what can we say about the goal. :D

I read somewhere an interview with Ranieri saying that Mutu scored loads at the beginning of the season but didn't play well and now is playing well but not scoring. How the hell did Mutu not play well at the beginning of the season? :eek:

I think Johnson should be played in this one for a little more confidence and experience, since its only Leicester. Desailly should start on the bench with Terry and Gallas as centre backs. I have a feeling Gronkjaer will start on the right flank today.

Team:

-----------Cudicini-------------
-Johnson--Terry--Gallas--Bridge-
-------Lampard----Makelele------
-Gronkjaer-----------------Mutu-
------------Gudjohnsen----------
-----------Hasselbaink----------

Score:

Leicester 0-3 Chelsea
----------------Mutu
----------Hasselbaink
-------------Lampard
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,845 Posts
Under any circumstances, Leicester are very difficult to beat at home so coming off a bad run I don't like your chances of a win.

I predict a 1-1 draw, Lampard and Bent on the scoresheet.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,513 Posts
Ref
Uriah Rennie

Teams

Leicester City: Ian Walker , Andrew Impey , Steve Howey , Nikos Dabizas , Callum Davidson , James Scowcroft , Lilian Nalis , Billy McKinlay , Jordan Stewart , Paul Dickov , Marcus Bent
Subs: Danny Coyne , Craig Hignett , Paul Brooker , Matt Heath , Les Ferdinand

Chelsea: Carlo Cudicini , Mario Melchiot , Marcel Desailly , John Terry , Celestine Babayaro , Jesper Gronkjaer , Frank Lampard , Claude Makelele , Joe Cole , Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink , Eidur Gudjohnsen
Subs: Neil Sullivan , Adrian Mutu , William Gallas , Geremi , Robert Huth

----

Adrian Mutu starts from the bench, 4 minutes til kick off.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
mutu1875 said:
Under any circumstances, Leicester are very difficult to beat at home so coming off a bad run I don't like your chances of a win.

I predict a 1-1 draw, Lampard and Bent on the scoresheet.

You're a pretty bad pundit.

Chelsea 2 - 0 up with Hasselbaink 2 (1 argubly an own goal)

The passing has been brilliant, and Hasselbaink and Gudjohnsens link up is... diff class.

Joe Cole and Makelele have also been great. Argubly some of the best stuff we've played this season, but the opposition aren't all that.

It should end up 5 or 6.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,513 Posts
JackoTheDon said:
You're a pretty bad pundit.

Chelsea 2 - 0 up with Hasselbaink 2 (1 argubly an own goal)

The passing has been brilliant, and Hasselbaink and Gudjohnsens link up is... diff class.

Joe Cole and Makelele have also been great. Argubly some of the best stuff we've played this season, but the opposition aren't all that.

It should end up 5 or 6.
Maybe you guys should sell Mutu. Doesn't seem like you need him at all. :(
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
MUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUTUUUUUUUUUUUUU


He scores ;) great goal by fanatasia.

Ran with the ball from the half way line, one two with Babayaro and bends one into the corner from 20 yards ;).

Babayaro then scores in the last minute from a crap piece of defending ;).

4 - 0.

We need Mutu, the fans love him to bits, and he works super hard. No sale ;).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,513 Posts
Raven said:
Maybe you guys should sell Mutu. Doesn't seem like you need him at all. :(
Or maybe you do... to increase your goal difference by 1 or 2. ;)
Final score: 4-0 to Chelsea, Hasselbaink x2, Mutu, Babayaro. :eek:

There's a surprise, MUTU scored! :eek: and Babayaro...but MUTU! :eek:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Raven said:
Or maybe you do... to increase your goal difference by 1 or 2. ;)
Final score: 4-0 to Chelsea, Hasselbaink x2, Mutu, Babayaro. :eek:

There's a surprise, MUTU scored! :eek: and Babayaro...but MUTU! :eek:

Temperament can leave you, quality never does. How the fans cheered him at the end, he needed that. :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,513 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,513 Posts
JackoTheDon said:
Temperament can leave you, quality never does. How the fans cheered him at the end, he needed that. :D
Did many make the trip? At Fulham's away games we sell out the London derbys and we have about 4 people in the away stand for the other games, and they are usually just home fans who had no more seats left in their area. :eek:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,513 Posts
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,513 Posts
GloryHunter said:
There's relief all over Mutu's face in that pic! I think he was really glad he finally scored.:D

By the way I think JFH and Mutu should start together!
So do I. Mutu hasn't scored 1 alongside Crespo. Crespo can go and try to scoop some crap out of someone's ass. :groan:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,473 Posts
Crespo needs more midfield support to excell as he is more of a box player than JFH, who can run with the ball better but his shot is unconsistent IMO. Plus and minus for having either one playing.

I caught parts of the match, as I drifting in and out of sleep. Rough Saturday night. ;)
I'll watch the replay later on because what I did see was pretty good.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,931 Posts
JackoTheDon said:
MUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUTUUUUUUUUUUUUU


He scores ;) great goal by fanatasia.

Ran with the ball from the half way line, one two with Babayaro and bends one into the corner from 20 yards ;).

Babayaro then scores in the last minute from a crap piece of defending ;).

4 - 0.

We need Mutu, the fans love him to bits, and he works super hard. No sale ;).
What did I tell you .. he will score again when a team mate actually uses him for a combination, not try to shoot himself ...

The remark still stands ... Babayaro is not a regular in Chelsea's team.
 
1 - 20 of 36 Posts
Top