Xtratime Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7,935 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, does anyone have the line up for tomorrows game ?? Just wondering if Sabry made it back to Portugal or not... Good luck.. :)

·
Registered
7,935 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Strange no one reacted to the victory ? Is it because everyone lost hope ? There is always next year.. Anyways I cant say much either, I did not get to watch the game as usual but all I can say congratulations...

·
Registered
6,948 Posts
I never loose hope. Sabry did play, and he played OK. The game wasn't great, but it is always great for SL Benfica to win... Now I am waiting for Saturday’s game. A game against the rivals Sporting is always exciting. I’m sure Benfica will do their best (and win).

SL BENFICA--Forever

·
Registered
313 Posts
Wat a great win.... I wished that they had won 3-0 on other decisive matches... :( oh well there wil be next year...

VIVA O BENFICA
VIVA O GLORIOSO

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
Ironic, isn't it? A great performance by Benfica when hardly anyone watches. I think there was like 5000 ppl at da Luz.

------------------
SEMPRE VIOLA!

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
It was a good performance but rememeber they didnt have theodoro or meira or even quinito.
As for nuno i am more impresed by him by every game and definatly should be portugals striker for euro 2k.

Lets just hope that we can at least draw next week and spoil sporting's party.

R

·
0 Posts
Can someone please tell me how Sabry played in that game? Did he make any assists? Anything special?

He was impressive in Egypt's two games against Maurituis in the WC 2002 qualifiers, even though he was a bit selfish.

------------------
Ramses II
...Go Sabry

·
Registered
3,490 Posts
A fine victory! I didn't log on yesterday afterwards, so I'm just checking out these posts today.

What got into Poborsky?! He was a man possessed! And congratulations SLB! Even the Golden Boy scored! A fine but meaningless win!

Ramses - to your question; Sabry played solidly, he fed two separate passes that led to two assists by Poborsky, the second one a very nice long ball.

SPORTING IS GOING DOWN!!!

FORCA BENFICA! :)

·
International
5,629 Posts
SLB you're finally coming over to RedEagle's side and confirming that Nuno Gomes is our best Portuguese Striker and should start in Euro alongside either Sa Pinto or Pauleta! :)

I didn't see the game. The only games I saw were Sportings 2-0 win and Porto's 3-3 tie at Farense! I thought this game was great and was kind of expecting a last minute penalty win for Porto :( but it didn't happen proving one more time that the refs this season did a decent job :)!

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Excuse me, but for portugal I think,
JVP and Nuno Ive cut down on touching my hair a bit :)
Talking about the porto game how much stoppage time did it end up having?
I thought it was like at least 10

·
International
5,629 Posts
Hey if you can change your mind about Nuno you can change your mind about JVP. JVP has not shown enough this year to start for the select team, and to give him the start based on his past merits is not only unfair to players who deserve it based on current and past merits, Sa Pinto for instance, but completely wrong as well, as it might effect the chemistry of the team.

I do know that in the Sporting game 8 minutes of stoppage was given, in the Porto game I though it was like 6.

------------------
Viva o Benfica!

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
I will never change my mind on JVP.
Well I hope I wont :)
JVP may not have had a great season but he is probably one of the best captains and leaders around in the game. And when he plays sporting if he is in the right mood then sporting have to beware.
As for portugal he always seems to play better for portugal and if he plays with nuno 'I dont touch my hair as much' I think they will play better as they already play together every week and for portugal they will have figo, costa, conceicao etc. supporting them unlike Benfica's excuse for a midfield.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts