Xtratime Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
who will replace salgado and karanka against bayern in the second leg. salgado was superb against bm and he will be hard to replace. will helguera move up from sweeper to centre back? and do you think v.d.b will keep the same formation?

------------------
LOOSE MOOSE

·
Registered
4,932 Posts
Ger should come in for Salgado and Karankers replacement will depend on how fit Hierro is.
One thing that I was pleased with was that we did not conceed an awya goal so we should go out for a goal to make it very difficult for them. Let's not do a Chelsea and sit back on the lead that we have.

·
Registered
10,086 Posts
As always pool is right. Geremi will do the job on the right hand side, while the center is still an open matter. One thing that makesme happy is I'm sure after the game this place will be full of guys asking - who is this Geremi? He was excellent, is he for sale and so on! I'm so happy, because this will make him really famous, HE IS SO GOOD!!!

D

·
0 Posts
Labas, I heard Valdano said that Geremi loses 6 of 5 balls in his posession.I'm not far from that opinion too.He is fast, strong but he's not playing with his brain (most important thing for Real player).He still could be good in Mallorca or Valladolid, though.

D

·
0 Posts
No matter who the replacments are, Real will still be seriously hampered by the loss of those 2 key defenders. Expect Bayern to attack non-stop from the start, hopefully Real could hit them on the break, against the run of play, and get that goal that would seal it. Bayern will score, should Real defend and defend or defend and attack.

·
Registered
10,086 Posts
Agreed - we need ONE goal, that's it. ONE goal. And we will do it! :)
I'm sick and tired of this Geremi stuff to be honest. He was OUR mna, the only man on the right side for half the year and why hasn't anyone learned to appreciate him>? When I watched both Real-Barca games, all the praise was going to this little known guy, Geremi on the right (and this from polish idiots). So, we all know he can be great!, why doesn't anyone give him some time, so he can train and play with a peaceful mind? This is Reals biggest problem I think - the rumors, constant threat of being sold, that's not how it should be!

·
Registered
271 Posts
I watched most of the African Nations Cup games on TV and Geremi really did shine in the Cameroon team.
He's built like a fu(king tank!!! lol
But i always saw him as more central than right.
Is it a coincidence that one of the only actually singings made by the coach last summer was one of the good ones? :)

·
Registered
10,086 Posts
Don't know what you were tryin to say Oly, but I think it's fairly obvious Geremi was the ONLY good buy from last summer. The rest were flops:
Anelka (LOL)
Baljic(not his fault)
Julio Cesar(bad.... :()
McManaman (also great, but that injury sucked :()

·
Registered
271 Posts
What i'm trying to say is that Geremi was Toshack's only buy almost.
The rest were bought and chosen by Sanz.
Is that a good way to run a club?

S

·
0 Posts
i agree with the previous post
why does sanz interfere with the club so much???
surely the person/people who know the most about reals weaknesses and areas to improve the squad are the coaches themselves.
he has a role similar to ken bates at chelsea. Very domineering and ruthless .
however real are already an established euro team unlike chelsea and i cant see this approach working in the long term.
All that it does is undermine the authority of del bosque

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
Yup, I agree, that's what I mean on the reply of that scary topic. Mr. Sanz have too much power, it is bad for our team to let a man who know less about football make all the desicions. The Anelka soap opera, IMO, we should blame our president most, I praied thousands of times to let Lazio get him, but Mr. Sanz just threw his $ out and mada a stupid deal.
But FYI, Oly, I think Balic is also Toshack's idea. He is his coach in Trukey, so he introduced this man to us.
Fairly, I think ONLY Anelka is the bad sign. Others are good or will be good. And I don't understand, why you think Julio is bad, Labas?! Can anyone say something for him...

BTW, I think I saw your name before, sean, but why you are just a rookie and post four time, I think it should be more than this...anyway, I may get wrong...

·
Registered
10,086 Posts
Right On! Sanz is to powerful and that's our problem, but what can we do? :( And Baljic was another one of Toshacks idea, that is correct. But, he may still be good...we have to wait. He for one hasn't dissapointed.

Julio Cesar has played 7 or 8 games this season and it was then we were losing 3 or 4 goals per match! That is why his transfer has so far been a mega FLOP! I like him though and have faith he'll do us some good in years to come...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts