Xtratime Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Hajduk_Hrvatska said:
Awesome. I think it's great, he'll likely be a starter.
It is awesome....has always been one of my favourite players....it´s even more awesome that Soldo plays another year.....superman :thumbsup:

·
Registered
10,611 Posts
Who were the midfielders starting in front of Vranjes at Stuttgart this year? if he can't get some playing time there at 24 years of age I would think of that as a worrying sign. I hope I am wrong about him, but I don't see him being anything more than an average player the rest of his career.

·
©
7,230 Posts
Vranjes is bad. I have been waiting for this supposed good player to show something, but he hasn't shown anything at either club or NT level.

Like Boksic said, the real news is that Soldo is playing another season. Legend.:)

·
International
8,545 Posts
Yeah Vranjes had potential once upon a time but he hasn't developed into anything. Hopefully he starts performing at Werder but I won't hold my breath.

·
Keyboard Hero
8,368 Posts
I expected a heck of a lot more out of him than he's shown thus far.

Cheers

·
Registered
5,186 Posts
In 2002 with Bayer he either started or came off the bench most games.
That was the year bayer went to the CL final. He was pretty good that year.

In 2003 he was hurt and out the whole year.

In 2004 he started most of the games in the first half of the season but then he got hurt halfway through the season and lost his starting place.

In the begining of 2005 he got into a spat with the coach over why he lost his place in the starting 11? Then i guess the coach just benched him.

He's not a great player but i think he's a good player. Against Sweden in WC qualfying i thought other than Srna he played the best game. I think defensively he's very sound, but his offensive skills never really developed that much.

And obviously he's not that bad a player if Bayer Leverkusen, Sttugart and now Werder all signed him he's obviously got talent.

·
Keyboard Hero
8,368 Posts
Hey, I'm not saying he's not a good player, but from what he showed at a very young age I thought he'd be at least a great player by now.

I expecting truly great things from Jurica.

Cheers

1 - 10 of 10 Posts