Xtratime Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
England's Future Stars Named In Young Player Of The Year Shortlist
News Archive

Steven Gerrard (L) - holder and favourite (Allsport)
04/05/2002. England's young stars have dominated the shortlist for PFA Player of the Year, with all six nominated players either current or future internationals.

Favourite for the award is last years winner Steven Gerrard of Liverpool, however he faces tough competition from Newcastle striker Craig Bellamy and Aston Villa counterpart Darius Vassell.

Making up the sextet are Chelsea's John Terry, Bolton striker Michael Ricketts and Tottenham defender Ledley King.

The winner will be announced on Sunday 14th April

soccerage

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i'd vote for ledley king... :D:D:D

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Congrats, Bellamy...

Bellamy's Crowned Young Player Of The Year
News Archive

Bellamy has had a great season (Allsport)
04/14/2002. Newcastle's Craig Bellamy has been named the Professional Footballers' Association Players' Young Player of the Year ahead of Bolton's Michael Ricketts and Liverpool's Steven Gerrard.

The Welsh striker has been the Magpies most influential player this season and their recent dip in form coincided with Bellamy's injury layoff.

Bellamy said: "This year has been a massive year for me.

"You don't become a bad player overnight. I had a tough time last year being relegated and this seems a million miles away a year later to be here receiving this trophy.

"Now I've got a great chance of playing Champions League football next year. It's all happened so quickly but it's what I want."

soccerage

·
International
9,526 Posts
Bellamy definitely deserved it, he's been brilliant for the toons this year. Such a lot of pace, combined with no small amount of skill.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts