Xtratime Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Arsenal And Man United Dominate Player Of The Year Shortlist
News Archive

Van Nistelrooy tells us where he wants to finish (Allsport)
04/05/2002. Manchester United and Arsenal have dominated the nominations for PFA Player of the Year.

The awards, voted for by fellow professionals, sees five of the six shortlisted players from the current Champions and current leaders of the Premiership.

The nominations are:

Ruud Van Nistelrooy, David Beckham, Roy Keane (all Man United), Robert Pires, Thierry Henry (both Arsenal) and Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink (Chelsea)

The winner will be announced on Sunday 14th April

soccerage

·
Premier Player
3,328 Posts
Pires without any doubt!!!
So sad he is off for the WC.

·
Registered
4,690 Posts
HENRY!!!:star:

·
Registered
452 Posts
Pires !!!!!!!!

He is also Sky Sport's Player of the Year.

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
pires has been awesome this season...i hate arsenal but i'd vote for pires...he is simply amazing...

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Congrats, Van Nistelrooy...

Van Nistelrooy's Named PFA Player Of The Year
News Archive

Ruud's rewarded by his fellow pro's (Allsport)
04/14/2002. Ruud Van Nistelrooy has been named as the Professional Footballers' Association Players' Player of the Year.

The Dutchman has scored 33 goals in his first season at Old Trafford after his big money summer move from PSV Eindhoven.

Arsenal's Thierry Henry came second with his club and country team-mate Robert Pires coming third. Jimmy Floyd, David Beckham and Roy Keane were the other candidates.

After receiving the award from Gerard Houllier, Van Nistelrooy said : "This is the proudest moment so far in my career. I have been voted by the players of the Premier League and that is the best league in Europe at the moment.

"That makes me feel proud.

"Playing for Manchester United is a fantastic feeling but then again so is just playing because when I was injured there were doubts I would play again."

soccerage

1 - 13 of 13 Posts