Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
918 Posts
I've never seen a more lopsided poll. Something has to be wrong with it. I do think that Hagi is a very deserving candidate but for there to be that much disparity, it makes the poll less credible. I can see why Romario and Batistuta got so few votes, because most South Americans don't visit Eurosport website. But for Maldini and Schmeichel to only get 1 percent, while Hagi and Stoichkov get like 50 percent each sends a red flag to me.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Yeah but at the same time most eastern european players never get the recognition that they deserve so it would be nice to see one of them win although it's so clear that something's wrong.

·
Registered
79,615 Posts
Gonzo77 said:
I've never seen a more lopsided poll. Something has to be wrong with it. I do think that Hagi is a very deserving candidate but for there to be that much disparity, it makes the poll less credible. I can see why Romario and Batistuta got so few votes, because most South Americans don't visit Eurosport website. But for Maldini and Schmeichel to only get 1 percent, while Hagi and Stoichkov get like 50 percent each sends a red flag to me.

personally I find the poll really strange, how can it not have Baggio in it for a start!
no offense, but Hagi shouldnt be in that poll, Im a huge fan of Hagi's style but he was nothing more than a squad player at Madrid and was lucky at times to make the Barcelona bench. He only flourished in club football in the Turkish league... which is not exactly the highest level.

players such as Klinsmann, Baggio, Sammer, Deschamps are far more worthy IMO.

·
Registered
79,615 Posts
Deshamps was the rock that in the 90s bought Marseille 2 championships 1 CL then with Juventus 3 Seria A titles and 1 CL and France the world cup and add European championships in 2000 and a FA cup.

Match that.... ;)

·
Registered
79,615 Posts
you think he was a leading player at Barca?
you should know :)

if I remember correctly he never even played in the CL in 94/95 and certainly in the two years he was there he only made appearences by sometimes coming of the subs bench.

and going from Real Madrid to relegate and play in Seria B with Brecia is not the form of one of the greatest players of the 90s is it?

·
Registered
40,652 Posts
I voted for Hagi, how could you say he doesn't deserve to be on that list man? The guy was a magician and although the others were great also, he was definately the most entertaining player on that list.

·
Registered
79,615 Posts
Drulo said:
I voted for Hagi, how could you say he doesn't deserve to be on that list man? The guy was a magician and although the others were great also, he was definately the most entertaining player on that list.

its the truth!
hey David I like Hagi, and I have all the video clips! :cool:

but compare him to Stoichkov, Hristo led Barcelona to several la liga titles and cup (including one European cup) he was not a bit part player.
he was a key player.

He also won Fifa world player of the year, how many times has Hagi come close to winning that?

·
Registered
70,041 Posts
Bentex said:
you think he was a leading player at Barca?
you should know :)

if I remember correctly he never even played in the CL in 94/95 and certainly in the two years he was there he only made appearences by sometimes coming of the subs bench.

and going from Real Madrid to relegate and play in Seria B with Brecia is not the form of one of the greatest players of the 90s is it?
His problems at Real Madrid and Barça hadn´t relation with his quality. And I know what I´m talking about ;)

·
Registered
70,041 Posts
Bentex said:
but compare him to Stoichkov, Hristo led Barcelona to several la liga titles and cup (including one European cup) he was not a bit part player.
he was a key player.

He also won Fifa world player of the year, how many times has Hagi come close to winning that?
Some minutes ago you compared him to Deschamps...

1 - 20 of 89 Posts