Xtratime Community banner

221 - 240 of 273 Posts

·
Administrator
53,261 Posts
Looks like Azz/ @Contardo doesn't fancy opening the Roma thread

Me, Firdy and Nacka have done poorly as of late. My last thread was the CL elimination against Shakhtar, Nacka's was the home loss against Real and Firdy's was the away loss at real.

I checked and Vlepnat's last 2 threads were losses in 16-17 to Samp and Crotone.

So one of Azz or @kiwwy20 can hopefully start the Roma match thread. kiwwy has never started a match thread, but he started threads about shirts, transfer rumours, Ronaldo scoring at Brescia, Seedorf etc..

The XT search engine is cool.

Reactions: Firdaus

·
Registered
63,336 Posts
I am fine no worries, not considering suicide like Pessotto or anything.

·
Administrator
53,261 Posts
Now that random reply is more disturbing then the insanity of genuinely believing in thread voodoo.

Reactions: camelface

·
Registered
46,350 Posts
Can you chill? The fact you did the search is hilarious and awesome at the same time. It's not meant to run you down as a person.

Btw, I take it the search engine is finally fixed? Couldn't search thread titles for ages and it was broken in some other respects too. Nice to have it working again.

·
Registered
63,336 Posts
Osman tends to have that shitty habit of e-psycho analysis. Probably wanted to work as a psychiatrist but failed at it or something so he channels his 'talent' to XT instead. Kinda sad.

·
Registered
63,336 Posts
Thanks

Seeing as there isn't a Roma-Inter thread yet...

Roma-Inter: Di Bello (VAR: Mazzoleni)

Iirc Di Bello is the ref who officiated our last game at Olimpico against Roma (2-2) and allowed the goal of Spinazzola to stand despite Kolarov fouling Lautaro. Hopefully Conte mentions this in the pre match.

·
Registered
47,018 Posts
Toni hates Chiesa. But it's clear that Chiesa is a very good player. Not fancy, but he is the hardest working player with any talent that I have seen. He is Juve's engine. I've been saying it for weeks since November or December.

And indeed, he gets played in dumb positions because of Pirlo, but I'm pretty sure he could play anywhere in the attacking third.
First of all I don't hate Chiesa. I hate a person who has given me a huge pain. I simply think he is ungrateful because he celebrated the relegation of Sampdoria in spite of the fact that Sampdoria developed his father as a football player. He bit a hand which fed his father and him.
I don't judge the man and the player in the same way. There are many excellent players I think are men who are not different from Chiesa. I could tell an epsiode about a player I used to rate both as a player and as a man. Too bad, he has showed in that episode that he is a veeeery little man. I can't deny his qualities as a football player because of that. Obviously.

Back to the player, Chiesa doesn't work hard. Johan is correct. He is a powerful player, which is something different. He "can" be devastating with his runs and shots. This is not "working hard". He is also talented, yeah, but we are not talking about one player who will be remembered for the talent. He also lacks consistency.

·
Registered
17,752 Posts
First of all I don't hate Chiesa. I hate a person who has given me a huge pain. I simply think he is ungrateful because he celebrated the relegation of Sampdoria in spite of the fact that Sampdoria developed his father as a football player. He bit a hand which fed his father and him.
I don't judge the man and the player in the same way. There are many excellent players I think are men who are not different from Chiesa. I could tell an epsiode about a player I used to rate both as a player and as a man. Too bad, he has showed in that episode that he is a veeeery little man. I can't deny his qualities as a football player because of that. Obviously.

Back to the player, Chiesa doesn't work hard. Johan is correct. He is a powerful player, which is something different. He "can" be devastating with his runs and shots. This is not "working hard". He is also talented, yeah, but we are not talking about one player who will be remembered for the talent. He also lacks consistency.
We're going to have to agree to disagree about the player, but indeed, about the person, I can't imagine a more disgraceful thing. Bassezza... can you say that in Italian?

·
Registered
47,018 Posts
BTW I don't think he is a "bidone" like his teammate Bernardeschi. Or like Gagliardini, the player Red mentioned. Actually I don't know the reason why red compared the two players since I have never written about Chiesa the things I wrote about Gagliardini. Chiesa is a player who can play for Juventus the way many other players do. He is just not THE Ace, not really in my opinion. Gagliardini, well, it's odd that he plays for a club like Inter.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Yes, because when Eriksen started against Genoa and Parma, 2 shit teams, he scored 3 goals and made 4 assists...

He should start just because of his name/reputation?
No

My point was that his habit of shitting on players (often publicly) and breaking their confidence before asking them to bail the team out of holes was completely counterproductive and incoherent.

Players are pros but also human beings, not robots. He wants players to put their body on the line, execute his robotic plan, accept being made scapegoats when things don't go his way and after all this, save his ass. It is weak man management and complete lack of humility. When his teams win he is the great maestro behind this (with no credit to Ausilio and Marotta allowed either) and when his teams lose high pressure games all he does is point fingers.

Don't you think players (even the ones that don't fit in his system) would perform better whenever he needs them, if they were not out of confidence after being humiliated by him?

He does not like Eriksen? Fine don't play him at all and put in someone with some confidence.

I'm convinced an inspired Eriksen would have done much better for Inter if he would have treated with a bit more respect and what we saw yesterday was not surprising to me. If he stays (or comeback next year) he can still do great things for us, but under a different coach who values people, believes in diversity and accepts to adapt to what he has at his disposal. We're Inter, we find to best players we can and let them to their magic on the pitch, even if PAZZA comes with it it has always a thrill to support this rollercoaster of a club. Right now it is difficult to do so, as with this guy i don't recognize us anymore.

Conte showed time and time again that it is all about him, so when it should be about the players they disappear because they're not used to it. Leadership has to come from the pitch, not the sidelines. We have a bunch of leaders but the idiot always gets in the way. Never bought that no caracter crap he keeps repeating.

I hope he helps us win a scudetto and every week i honestly cheer for him to succeed but end up disgusted by him win or lose.

·
Registered
281 Posts
I agree, playing Eriksen made no sense at all.

There is no point putting on a player who is unwanted, knows he is unwanted, has zero confidence and who desperately wants to leave and who the club even more desperately wants to sell. It probably came as a huge surprise to him to come on.

Cunte should obviously have put on Sensi, very bizarre to put on eriksen tbh. Or even Damian and then push perisic further forward and play 343.

·
Registered
63,336 Posts
You saw how bad the pitch was? Playing Sensi would have been utterly stupid.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Lol come on now, just because a pitch is abit messed up, should never be an excuse not to play a professional player, regardless how injury prone they are.

No way that's cuntes reasoning either.

·
Registered
63,336 Posts
Chances of an injury on a bad pitch in rainy conditions are higher for sure, just look at D'Ambrosio for one. Chances of slipping on such a muddy pitch are higher.

In recent matches Conte brought on Sensi against Napoli, Cagliari, Spezia, Crotone etc. but not Samp, I think it's clear the pitch affected his decision. He would rather lose 1 match than lose Sensi til the end of the season.

No

My point was that his habit of shitting on players (often publicly) and breaking their confidence before asking them to bail the team out of holes was completely counterproductive and incoherent.

Players are pros but also human beings, not robots. He wants players to put their body on the line, execute his robotic plan, accept being made scapegoats when things don't go his way and after all this, save his ass. It is weak man management and complete lack of humility. When his teams win he is the great maestro behind this (with no credit to Ausilio and Marotta allowed either) and when his teams lose high pressure games all he does is point fingers.

Don't you think players (even the ones that don't fit in his system) would perform better whenever he needs them, if they were not out of confidence after being humiliated by him?

He does not like Eriksen? Fine don't play him at all and put in someone with some confidence.

I'm convinced an inspired Eriksen would have done much better for Inter if he would have treated with a bit more respect and what we saw yesterday was not surprising to me. If he stays (or comeback next year) he can still do great things for us, but under a different coach who values people, believes in diversity and accepts to adapt to what he has at his disposal. We're Inter, we find to best players we can and let them to their magic on the pitch, even if PAZZA comes with it it has always a thrill to support this rollercoaster of a club. Right now it is difficult to do so, as with this guy i don't recognize us anymore.

Conte showed time and time again that it is all about him, so when it should be about the players they disappear because they're not used to it. Leadership has to come from the pitch, not the sidelines. We have a bunch of leaders but the idiot always gets in the way. Never bought that no caracter crap he keeps repeating.

I hope he helps us win a scudetto and every week i honestly cheer for him to succeed but end up disgusted by him win or lose.
'Disgusted even if we win', that's new.

And weird.

Even after the CL exit Conte didn't blame the players btw, and after losing to Samp he said we didn't deserve to lose. He didn't say Barella the idiot cost us a dumb penalty, for instance. He didn't say that Bastoni was burned on the second goal. Saying we didn't deserve to lose absolves the players, at least in public. Plus clearly the players are following him, as the results show. Even in our 2 league defeats we created more than the team that won.

·
Registered
63,336 Posts
'We have a bunch of leaders'

What? What have those leaders won, sorry?

We are not in 2010 and we don't have Julio Cesar, Samuel, Lucio, JZ, Cambiasso and Eto'o.

·
Registered
63,336 Posts
For the record

I was against Conte taking off Sanchez and putting on Eriksen

I would have preferred taking off Bastoni and putting on Eriksen or a midfielder while keeping Sanchez, Lautaro and Lukaku upfront. You can see that by reading a few pages back.

We were losing, a risk had to be taken

So I wasn't fond of Conte's running of the match, particularly not taking a more attacking approach

·
Registered
63,336 Posts
Seeing as I am having this Conte discussion with Azz and kiwwy, no interest in opening the next match thread?

·
Registered
228 Posts
'We have a bunch of leaders'

What? What have those leaders won, sorry?

We are not in 2010 and we don't have Julio Cesar, Samuel, Lucio, JZ, Cambiasso and Eto'o.
Did Pupi Zanetti become a leader the day he raised his first trophy for us or was he a leader all along?

When did leadership become synonymous with winning trophies? I always thought leadership was the ability to influence people positively to achieve greatness.

Then so far from the great leader/winner Vidal, i've seen nothing but an headless chicken running around and hurting us with his childish indiscipline. Is this what you're after?

Handa (Monster of a keeper who never had a great team in front off him unfortunately, at his best one of Top 5 in the world. Doesnt get the respect he deserve, helped us back to a decent level).

Lukaku (Has been carrying us since his arrival).

Barella (modern version of Stank, he sacrifices a lot for the sake of the team)

DeVrij (best defender in Serie A for the 2019-20 campaign)

Skriniar (was not he seen as our future captain under Lucky Luciano?)

Lautaro (still a little bit inconsistent but can never fault him for his effort, always play hard, scores a lot and does the dirty work. His energy helps set the tempo for the team.

This core helped with great players like Hakimi, Bastoni, Eriksen, Sensi, Broz, 3 or4 important players (we loaned out Radja again.. stupid Conte),high potential youngsters, homegrown players and a couple of oldies would make us contenders in Europe.

221 - 240 of 273 Posts