Xtratime Community banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The German football Federation appointed former international striker Rudi Voeller as temporary coach of the national team, with Christoph Daum set to take over on June 1, 2001.

The 40-year-old Voeller, who worked with Daum this season as sports director at Bayer Leverkusen, replaced Erich Ribbeck, who resigned following the team's exit from Euro 2000.

The 46-year-old Daum is to stay at Leverkusen until his contract expires at the end of next season, when he will become Germany's full-time coach on a three-year contract.

``It's the greatest honor to coach the national team and have a chance to win the European Championship like Berti Vogts or the world championship like Franz Beckenbauer,'' Daum once said of the national team job.

Leverkusen finished second in last season's Bundesliga, losing the title on goal difference to Bayern Munich following a 2- 0 defeat by Unterhaching on the final day.

·
Registered
4,844 Posts
:eek: :eek: :eek:
It's really 100% official then...
Well, I dunno whether Voeller can be a good coach for Germany. But if it's so, then it's so. But I'm just worried if this turns out to be a failure...
I mean, by June 2001, most of the qualifying matches for WC 2002 will already be played. So it's really crucial for Rudi to do a good job!
All the best then...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts