Xtratime Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Valencia's Croatian striker Goran Vlaovic agreed a 3 year contract with Panathinaikos.He will be offcially presented next week.

------------------
Parma will fight back...FORZA PARMA!

·
Xtratime Allstar
9,820 Posts
he was signed today!!!

·
International
8,545 Posts
Oh believe me, wait and see.

I don't know who you support in Greece, but you'll see what I'm talking about 3 months into the season.

When he starts off poor, you might think he needs time to adjust. When that doesn't happen you'll see how useless he is. Sure he'll score a couple of goals for Pana, but if they bought him with the intention of him being a starting striker, forget the championship, unless they have great defence.

I hope he never comes back to the Cro NT again.

·
International
8,545 Posts
The thing about Vlaovic is that he had some potential. I remember when played for Padova 3 or 4 years ago he was good. He was even the leading scorer in the second half of the season, after coming back from brain surgery.

AFter that he didn't settle at Valencia, wasn't good enough to win a starting spot.

On the NT, I noticed he always got chances, but messed up most of the time. At first I thought it was good, I figured at least he's getting himself the chances, it's only a matter of time before he buries them. But now he doesn't even get the chances, he just runs around the field and makes minor contributions.

He scored off a nice shot in the WC against Germany, but they goalie really should have stopped the shot, it was from far enough out, and even though he placed it well, it should have been stopped. Then came his stupidass celebration when he was bobbing his head with his hands in the air. What an idiot.

Maybe I'm a little too hard on him, but I just never liked em, and never will.

D

·
0 Posts
Despite as we all know, scoring against Germany in the 1998 WC, Vlaovic was never ever impressive with Valencia, and is now not regularly in the Croatia team anymore.

D

·
0 Posts
It's now official, for 4 years he will be at service for Panathinaikos.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts