Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
26,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What a year for Vladi Weiss of Man City ! He made his debut for Manchester City this year vs. Bolton, then he was called up for slovakian NT vs Island and few days ago vs.Czechs he was one of the best players on pitch.

Keep it up, Vladi !

·
Registered
26,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
it´s in his genes. His grandfather Vladimir Weiss I won silver olympic medal in 1960ies, and his father Vladimir Weiss II played on World Cup Italy in 1990.

·
Registered
26,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I remember that game, ref was shit, his name was Helmut Kohl from Austria (no kidding) We had almost no goal chances and Germany steamrolled us but their strikers had an off day and couldn´t score.

Mr.Kohl helped them with questionable penalty and sending off protesting Moravcik. They absolutely didn´t need refs help as they dominated whole game. Our team was tough nut for them to overcome but upfront we were not really a threat.

If the game would go to shoot out, i think Germans would be dancing on thin ice.

·
Registered
6,487 Posts
Awesome talent, fearless kid.

He and Stoch are the types of players we have lacked for many years: brilliant, aggressive, quick dribblers.

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
I remember that game, ref was shit, his name was Helmut Kohl from Austria (no kidding) We had almost no goal chances and Germany steamrolled us but their strikers had an off day and couldn´t score.

Mr.Kohl helped them with questionable penalty and sending off protesting Moravcik. They absolutely didn´t need refs help as they dominated whole game. Our team was tough nut for them to overcome but upfront we were not really a threat.

If the game would go to shoot out, i think Germans would be dancing on thin ice.
Yes, I remember it very well. When I saw Helmut Kohl as a referee I thought it was a joke, how possibly can FIFA have him refereeing Germans at World Cup?...It was a dissapointing performance by Czechoslovakia after spanking Costa Rica 4-1 with Tomas Skuhravy hattrick. Overall it was a good tournament compared to what garbage we have now, we scored a perfectly legitimate goal against Italy to make it 1-1 but referee ruled it out for BS offside...

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
Awesome talent, fearless kid.

He and Stoch are the types of players we have lacked for many years: brilliant, aggressive, quick dribblers.
They have the proper mentality, no doubt.Weiss almost reminds me of that Giovinco kid at Juventus.

·
Registered
6,487 Posts
They have the proper mentality, no doubt.Weiss almost reminds me of that Giovinco kid at Juventus.
Similar stature and style, though I believe Giovinco is a more central player.

Anyway, another great match from him tonight, great assist and very good overall.

·
Registered
26,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
absolutely love the kid.

Vladimir Weiss was handed his first PL start vs Portsmouth yesterday. See his action before Bolton´s 2nd.
[tub]EIAeG3yr-0w[/tub]

·
Registered
26,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

·
Registered
26,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
bump. 3 years ago, Weiss was still Man City player

being loaned to Rangers.

then Espanyol

Pescara

Olympiakos

and today he just signed with mighty Lekhwiya/Qatar.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts