Xtratime Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Unfortunaly Vivas will not make it in time to go to the WC, he's still injured, it's a shame, since he had won himself his position, unfrotunaly, Chamot will make it, instead of Vivas..:confused: :confused: :confused:

·
Registered
6,529 Posts
Yes, it's a shame he won't be going :( He really earned his place on the team after a number of dubious displays, he improved his form and established himself at the back.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Instead of Vivas we have the horrible Chamot...why?, why?

·
Registered
263 Posts
I'm not sure why either.....he had good form in his Atletico Madrid days,but hasn't performed to a high standard for some time now.If he is picked,like it seems,it will be because of his exp. playing in europe & his size.The funny thing though is perhaps Placente should be considered.I didn't really rate him while he was at River,but in the CL this year he impressed me a lot.He isn't big,but he never gave up on any tackles and is far better technically than Chamot.I can see Chamot giving away some unwanted free-kicks,if he's not careful.

·
Registered
6,529 Posts
Placente will be selected. Bielsa is holding the final spot for him and he'll join up with Argentina squad after the CL final.

He was very good when he was with River. He also won the U-20 with Argentina in '97. He's been excellent for Leverkusen this season both in the Bundesliga and the CL. Levekusen's manager believes that Placente is the most tactically aware player on his team. He has great judgment, he has all the makings of a very fine defender

·
Defunct
23,341 Posts
czar said:
Levekusen's manager believes that Placente is the most tactically aware player on his team. He has great judgment, he has all the makings of a very fine defender
I won't repeat what I just posted in the Sorin topic. Time to get the shades out though.. :cool:

;)

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
We are taking only five defenders(Samuel, Ayala, Pochettino, Placente and Chamot), am considering Sorin and Zanetti midfielders, if one of our staring defenders gets suspended or injured, i can only be afraid if Chamot replaces him, he could cost us the WC, that's how much am afraid of him being played...

Quiroga would have been a better choice, but then again,Quiroga doesn't have the international experience that Chamot has...there must be someone that's better than Chamot...Czar?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts