Xtratime Community banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Although they have been eliminated, I'd like to say a big "thank you" to Costa Rica. Their game against Brazil offered one more proof that Los Ticos is a team that play football. We need more of these kind. Flowing football, attacking minded philosophy, good skills and no fear for the oposition. I'm sick of all these teams that just defend, defend, defend instead of playing some football. Enough of fighting spirit and talentless giants who hoof the ball up the field. We need football- and Costa Rica, although with their shortcomings, provided just that. I'm not questioning Turkey's deserved qualification, all I'm saying is that I'm sad to see a team like Los Ticos go out, because they were a true football team. Its teams like Denmark, Costa Rica and South Korea that make games enjoyable. Unfortunately, Costa Rica is already out, and South Korea will follow, while other teams who can just fight and defend are going through... :(

Thank you Costa Rica.

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
Well I guess that like I'm the only Tico in the Forum, I'll have to represent my country and say thanks AMOROSO.
I can tell you that I'm very proud of my team, Costa Rica's main problem kill us yesterday and it was the lack of scoring our chances, we produce 4 or 5 great chances, but we miss them all.
Anyway, thanks, and see you in 4 years, I hope...

·
Registered
765 Posts
I'd like to say thanks to Costa Rica as well.

All you really need is an effective striker - then you could have made a 5-5 draw with Brasil ;)

See you in 4 years in Germany! Practice those finishes till then and you could make a bigger impact than this time around!

·
Second Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
94,503 Posts
And with Guimaraes on board for another 4 yrs..Costa Rica will be definetely making the trip to Germany in 2006...Without a doubt in me mind !!!

;)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.