Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
1st Tier Poster
47,957 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A small club out of nowhere, refounded in 2008, but now on 3rd place in Sere B and was leading the league unbeaten not so long ago.

What's the story with them? I hope they qualify to Serie A...

·
Registered
45,411 Posts
A small club out of nowhere, refounded in 2008, but now on 3rd place in Sere B and was leading the league unbeaten not so long ago.

What's the story with them? I hope they qualify to Serie A...
They are the proof that nowadays all you need in order to reach serie B is a chairman who cares a bit more than nothing and a competent management. Lanciano have them. Their chairman is a young woman, which is odd. She wants to build the stadium and her model is Juventus LOL. I would bet on them committing suicide in the crucial moments of fight for promotion, the way many other clubs without the money to face serie A did in the past, but women are brave and unpredictable so I could be wrong.

If you consider a move to Italy, money is not a problem, you don't need a job, you have no relatives or can forget them, etc. Lanciano could be a great place to live in.

·
1st Tier Poster
47,957 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They are the proof that nowadays all you need in order to reach serie B is a chairman who cares a bit more than nothing and a competent management. Lanciano have them. Their chairman is a young woman, which is odd. She wants to build the stadium and her model is Juventus LOL. I would bet on them committing suicide in the crucial moments of fight for promotion, the way many other clubs without the money to face serie A did in the past, but women are brave and unpredictable so I could be wrong.

If you consider a move to Italy, money is not a problem, you don't need a job, you have no relatives or can forget them, etc. Lanciano could be a great place to live in.
:err:

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
Nice little city. My mother is from near there (Sulmona). I would love to see them have a chance in A. I have been following them lightly.

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
Imagine both they and Pescara somehow got promoted I know so unlikely but the abruzzese derby in A sounds quite appealing:D.I have a bit of a soft spot for them as my dad is from Abruzzo;).

·
Registered
19,782 Posts
She is extremely HOT. She was running for miss italia few years back.

They are officially my 2nd team. Not kidding. :D

·
Registered
4,725 Posts
Imagine both they and Pescara somehow got promoted I know so unlikely but the abruzzese derby in A sounds quite appealing:D.I have a bit of a soft spot for them as my dad is from Abruzzo;).
There's no derby abruzzese senza un aquilano :shakepalm::howler:

·
Registered
4,725 Posts

Lanciano have a good coach and rode some good luck. Competent upper management with a strong plan bares it's fruits in April and May. This is why tonisamp doesn't follow football in May.

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
Yeah still hope for VL to get promotion or get into the play offs for Serie A but will be very difficult of course.Teams like Palermo,Empoli&Pescara understandably are progressing quite well&will push for the top two&play off pozzies:flirt::D.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts