Xtratime Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Viola players in national teams 1/3

We have 8 players representing their national teams in friendlies today (plus Donadel, Montolivo and Pazzini in Italy's U21 squad), so let's discuss their performances when we've seen the games, read match reports and heard comments from natives.

Italy vs Germany:
Pasqual & Toni

Israel vs Denmark:
Jorgensen & Kroldrup

FYR Macedonia vs Bulgaria:
Bojinov

Turkey vs Czech Republic:
Ujfalusi

Chile vs Universidad Católica:
Jimenez

Cyprus vs Romania:
Lobont

I guess the most interesting games to all of us is the one played at Artemio Franchi in Florence, but I'm very interested to hear reports from the other games as well! Maybe Lobont won't have much trouble keeping a clean sheet against Cyprus, but any comments are welcome! I'd be very happy to see our re-born Bulgarian striker score now when he gets the chance in the national team again. Let's keep our fingers crossed for him!

Forza Viola!

·
Registered
7,951 Posts
NickyTheHeel said:
I'm interested to see if Boji starts. Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think he is a regular starter.
no hes not, but after his 3 goals in the last 2 games i doubt stoichkov will keep him on the bench and bojinov will play at least 1/2.... i have a question to u fiorentina fans tho, why does fiorentina hate the NT so much... i heard its speculated that fiorentina fans will boo the italian NT and cheer for the german nt... is it true?

·
Registered
5,318 Posts
The national team is seen by some Florentines as being "the man." The man is seen as being part and party to Serie A's dominance by the big 3, Mediaset and their cronies in Rome. Fiorentina have had many great players over the years yet little representation on the national team.

·
Registered
7,951 Posts
NickyTheHeel said:
The national team is seen by some Florentines as being "the man." The man is seen as being part and party to Serie A's dominance by the big 3, Mediaset and their cronies in Rome. Fiorentina have had many great players over the years yet little representation on the national team.
well now they have Pasqual and Toni who will probably start..but still they should be happy that the game is at the artemio franchi and support the azzuri... i really think that all club feuds and rivallries should be put to rest when the NT play both in my bulgaria and italy... i dont care if a player of my rival teams scores or plays as long as the team wins.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
ac_milan_foreva said:
well now they have Pasqual and Toni who will probably start..but still they should be happy that the game is at the artemio franchi and support the azzuri... i really think that all club feuds and rivallries should be put to rest when the NT play both in my bulgaria and italy... i dont care if a player of my rival teams scores or plays as long as the team wins.
I agree... even though your heart is black & red ;)

Looking forward to hear comments from you about Bojinov's performance after the game!

·
Registered
8,447 Posts
ac_milan_foreva said:
Fiorentina fans can't forgive Italian federation the way they (didn't) helped during 2002 Fiorentina's bankrupcy. And I think it's hard to put away rivallity even for NT, for example i can't stand Nedved on my NT.

Bad news about Donadel, how did Montolivo and Pazzini played?

·
Registered
5,318 Posts
I found these ratings on fiorentinanews.com...

DONADEL s.v. S'infortuna subito alla spalla sinistra.
MONTOLIVO 6,5 Parte a sostegno dell'unica punta Pazzini, ma torna subito in mezzo al campo dopo l'infortunio a Donadel. Tenta di cantare e portare la croce. Spesso ci riesce, come quando lancia Defendi con una magia per il quasi gol di Palladino nel primo tempo.
PAZZINI 6 Pronti via e sfiora il supergol con un'incornata su cross di Defendi. Poi macina i soliti chilometri, ma di palloni giocabili ne vedrà solo due. Sul primo gira sul fondo, complice un fallo di Semedo, sul secondo mette alto di un soffio da cross al bacio di Palladino.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yep, but if I understood it correctly, he was only standing between the posts the first 45 minutes.

Jimenez scored the first goal on penalty for Chile against club Universidad Católica, but most importantly, he was the "man of the match" according to an online football magazine from Chile.

Obviously Toni scored the second goal for Azzurini, but I haven't been able to see the goal yet so I'd appreciate if someone could guide me to a clip. Also, those of you who watched the game, how was the atmosphere? How did the audience react after the other 3 goals by Italy?

·
Registered
8,447 Posts
Czech team was held at Turkey 2-2, and conceded both goals at 89th and 91st minute, Ufo played whole match.

I had on my TV Italia - Germany but while it was on I was doing also some other things so i couldn't watch it properly, as fot the atmosphere, i think it was good, nothing against Italy as some rumours kept on saying. And i think it was a shame to let Manual playing for 4 minutes.

Luca Toni goal

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
it wasnt a shame,he should be glad he's a real italian now!!!

·
Registered
8,447 Posts
I think it'd be much better for both him and Fiorentina if he was with the team and prepared for match against Siena, giving him 3 minutes Lippi just showed he used him just like a trick for fans

·
Registered
904 Posts
I don't know about that. Lippi had a look at him in practice to see what his game was like. We're talking about a guy that only has played in Serie A for about half a season. And now he's in the picture with the Nats. I'm sure he's happy with being called and getting some time out there (despite the fact that it was brief).

1 - 15 of 15 Posts