Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
822 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Channel4 now claims that Montella could be swapped for Bazzani in the summer. Even though Montella was great when he was at Marassi, and even though Bazzani has had a difficult season, I don't believe in bringing Montella back. He's getting older and is unlikely to ever reproduce the form he had last time he played for us. Let's remember him for what he was and keep it that way. I don't want him back.

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
i think it would be stupid to swap montella for bazzani as montella is older and it would simply replace bazzani for the short term, we need younger promising players, but i would like to see montella play along side bazzani, and flachi as rotation or sub with bazzani and montella. The samp scouts should work harder i think, samp have made stupid decitions with transfers recently but i think they need to do something.

·
Registered
46,350 Posts
There is a problem with Montella's wages anyhow. The management of Sampdoria does not want to cross a certain threshold (700,000 euros per season?) and Montella, like El Chino, is much over it. If I had two more balls I could also bet them: on Montella not joining us. :howler:

·
Registered
46,350 Posts
I read something more... there should be (the source is not the club so it is not certain) three wage bands for the players of Sampdoria: 750-500-250,000 euros per season. The wages of Montella at Roma should be (according to the same source) more or less 4 millions euros per season till 2006. Now, I think that Vincenzo will hardly renounce to more than 3 millions euros per season and on the other hand I doubt that the players of Sampdoria would accept a player who gains much more than them without asking for a wage adjustment.
In the end: impossible.

·
Registered
823 Posts
there is a very good reason why montella earns roughly 3 times as much as Bazzani: He is 3 times better than him.

He may be getting older, but he is still the best italian striker not to have done particularly well in the NT. Yes, I realise that might imply he is not that good, but he really is amazing!! He has an average of better than a goal every two games for every club he has played for!

Mind you, I don't want to be harsh on Bazzani, I like his english style of play.

Toni, please stop boasting about your balls. God helpyou if Recoba actually joins us.

·
Registered
46,350 Posts
zuenotto said:
Toni, please stop boasting about your balls. God help you if Recoba actually joins us.
:D

My argument was merely economic, I'm a great supporter of Vincenzino and the first to say that he is enormously better than Bazzani, the way Recoba is enormously better than Flachi. That said, the wages of Montella and Recoba are also enormously bigger than those of Bazzani and Flachi.
The question is not whether Montella and Recoba deserve their wages, but whether the management of Sampdoria can deal with their wages. And you have also to consider the consequent wage adjustement for the other players.

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
ToniSamp said:
:D

My argument was merely economic, I'm a great supporter of Vincenzino and the first to say that he is enormously better than Bazzani, the way Recoba is enormously better than Flachi. That said, the wages of Montella and Recoba are also enormously bigger than those of Bazzani and Flachi.
The question is not whether Montella and Recoba deserve their wages, but whether the management of Sampdoria can deal with their wages. And you have also to consider the consequent wage adjustement for the other players.
The question is; how is Samp going to get rich again?

·
Banned
1,724 Posts
I wonder if the Samp fans really believe that Vincenzino is going home.As I believe he now knows where his true home lies,ROMA.

·
Registered
46,350 Posts
SAMPDORIA said:
The question is; how is Samp going to get rich again?
Garrone, the owner and chairman, is rich, but he does not want to waste all his money for Sampdoria. It's understandable.
Well, he is not Paolo Mantovani but at least we have a financially solid club and a decent team in serie A.

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Samp keen on Montella Tuesday 14 December, 2004

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sampdoria have confirmed that they are thinking about bringing Vincenzo Montella back to the club.

"We are monitoring his situation at Roma because we know his contract expires in the summer of 2006," stated director general Giuseppe Marotta.

Montella is something of a Sampdoria legend after spending three remarkable seasons in Genoa, scoring 54 goals in 83 League games.

He left for the Giallorossi in August 1999 after Doria were surprisingly relegated to Serie B.

However, he could now be on the verge of a sensational return – with Samp already pondering a summer bid.

"I think that Roma could be interested in a great striker like Fabio Bazzani," continued Marotta.

"Perhaps we could start talks in the next few months to discuss the possibility of some sort of swap deal."

Meanwhile, former Under-21 international Gaetano D'Agostino is likely to be leaving Roma in January.

"I rejected a move to Fiorentina last January because I wanted to win a place here," said the midfielder.

"But perhaps the time has come for me to make a different decision. Some important clubs are keen on me and I will evaluate them all.

"I would like to underline that my departure has nothing to do with my wage. After all, Fiorentina offered me more money than what I earn today."

channel4

·
Registered
46,350 Posts
ROMA 10 said:
I wonder if the Samp fans really believe that Vincenzino is going home.As I believe he now knows where his true home lies,ROMA.
I believe that he knows where he can get more money (Roma, 4 m), his only true home was Cisterna.

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
ToniSamp said:
There is a problem with Montella's wages anyhow. The management of Sampdoria does not want to cross a certain threshold (700,000 euros per season?) and Montella, like El Chino, is much over it. If I had two more balls I could also bet them: on Montella not joining us. :howler:
Tone i'll give you a pair of my coglioni I have a bakers dozen :pp ,Montella won't come back to Samp simply the wages a main facotor period.

·
Registered
46,350 Posts
Interview to Montella appeared on Gazzetta dello Sport today:

Ad inizio torneo non aveva mai segnato così tanto: azzardato dire che è il periodo più felice della sua carriera? « Forse sì. Quando sono stato bene, i miei numeri sono stati sempre gli stessi. Bastava saperli leggere. Qualcuno, invece, ha fatto finta di non capire... » .

Lei è il miglior cannoniere in attività con 126 reti segnate, cioè più di Vieri, Inzaghi, Del Piero e nobiltà cantando. Eppure ha avuto un azzurro pallido: dov’è l’errore? « Ognuno ha il proprio destino. Io sono soddisfatto, non rimpiango nulla e non mi sento penalizzato. Adesso sono contento di essere tornato in Nazionale e spero di restarci »

A Roma c’è chi dice che se lei non avesse incontrato Capello, la sua carriera avrebbe potuto essere migliore: è d’accordo? « Non lo so. Di certo a livello tecnico lui preferiva altri tipi di giocatore, tant’è che ho finito poche partite e neppure tante sono state quelle che ho iniziato. Ma sono felice di aver superato le difficoltà » .

Quando lei accettò di andare alla Roma, poi, sulla panchina c’era Zeman... « Sì, e nulla faceva pensare che sarebbe andato via. Mi è rimasta la curiosità di sapere come sarebbe andata. Lui è bravo, un insegnante di calcio » .

La Roma pare divisa tra chi rimpiange un po’ Capello e chi è molto critico con lui. Normale? « Penso di sì. Quando un tecnico resta 5 anni è logico che lasci cose positive e negative. Comunque pensare al passato è un errore, tant’è che le cose per noi sono cominciate a migliorare da quando siamo usciti dalla sua ombra »

Taking about your contract: are you willing to reduce your wages in order to stay at Roma three more years? « I said to the management that I'm willing to accept this a long time ago, cause I want to stay at Roma»

There are rumours that if there were problems you would like to go back to Sampdoria. « Samp and Empoli gave me a lot. I consider them "aunts", but now I think to Roma »

Later i will translate the remaining part of the interview, which is less interesting for the supporters of sampdoria

·
Registered
822 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I guess we'd have to hook Vincenzo up with a hot chick living in Genova, since that seems to be the way to get players to move these days...

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
Lennon said:
I guess we'd have to hook Vincenzo up with a hot chick living in Genova, since that seems to be the way to get players to move these days...
:D :shades:

·
Registered
12,237 Posts
Didn't want to open up a new thread, but another romanista is said to be almost a done deal for Samp; Vincent Candela. The rumour is circulating very much amongst various medie in Rome - ís it just a rumour or does there seem to be any truth to it?

·
Registered
46,350 Posts
Cacìni said:
Didn't want to open up a new thread, but another romanista is said to be almost a done deal for Samp; Vincent Candela. The rumour is circulating very much amongst various medie in Rome - ís it just a rumour or does there seem to be any truth to it?
I think it's quite impossible, we already have lots of left backs. He could play as a center back, but he is less convincing in that position. Then he seems to be on the way down. ;)

·
Registered
12,237 Posts
ToniSamp said:
I think it's quite impossible, we already have lots of left backs. He could play as a center back, but he is less convincing in that position. Then he seems to be on the way down. ;)
Yeah, that's what I was thinking; if there's one position you seem to be set on, it's that one. Ah well, the hunt for someone to dump him on continues...;)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts