Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
5,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
EASILY the biggest defensive talent to emerge out of the last 5 or so years, already playing like a taller and faster version of Cannavaro. A great in the making.

·
Registered
14,672 Posts
Actually he's more the taller version of Nesta, the taller version of canavarro is Anthony vanden Borre, 16 and also playing at Anderlecht :proud:

Anyway you have no idea what a delight it is to have such young talents in your favourite team :happy:

·
Registered
4,805 Posts
didnt u lads also have another awsome young center back (not Anthony vanden Borre nor Vincent Kompany) that was recently stolen from another club?

·
Fuoriclasse
13,912 Posts
I know that each season in each league brings its lot of talented young lads that are supposed to be the next best thing which somehow makes it impossible to distinct those whom will eventually manage to materialize the hype and those who won't... So what about Kompany then?

I remember when I first got to see him play, last summer against Wisla Krakow... something happened in front of my eyes that evening I swear, perhaps a miracle I don't know, but something definitely happened! In all honesty and as far as I can remember, I don't recall any fellow countryman of such young age making such a big impact on his debut year... since probably Enzo Scifo -and Lord knows those were other times altogether.

It's like Kompany was gifted, on top of his tremendous skills, with innate knowledge. On and off the pitch, he seems to have both the experience and maturity of an old fart it's barely believable. That's why he is unlike the others! As if this wasn't enough already, he's intelligent and has his head firm on his shoulders.

Despite all that, I hope he stays at Anderlecht for one or three seasons to come and then eventually signs with Juventus.

ALLEZ VINCENT! :star:

·
Registered
14,672 Posts
Steph! said:
I know that each season in each league brings its lot of talented young lads that are supposed to be the next best thing which somehow makes it impossible to distinct those whom will eventually manage to materialize the hype and those who won't... So what about Kompany then?

I remember when I first got to see him play, last summer against Wisla Krakow... something happened in front of my eyes that evening I swear, perhaps a miracle I don't know, but something definitely happened! In all honesty and as far as I can remember, I don't recall any fellow countryman of such young age making such a big impact on his debut year... since probably Enzo Scifo -and Lord knows those were other times altogether.

It's like Kompany was gifted, on top of his tremendous skills, with innate knowledge. On and off the pitch, he seems to have both the experience and maturity of an old fart it's barely believable. That's why he is unlike the others! As if this wasn't enough already, he's intelligent and has his head firm on his shoulders.

Despite all that, I hope he stays at Anderlecht for one or three seasons to come and then eventually signs with Juventus.

ALLEZ VINCENT! :star:
Well said :thumbsup:

except for teh Juve part :D

·
Registered
5,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
No, it would best for his football education to learn from Nesta how to pull shirts without anyone noticing :D, how to read the game, how hard you can tackle someone when the ref is determined to make the game flow :D, how to stick out a discreet elbow in the defender's chest without the ref seeing, and lastly the most important thing, how to perform bicycle kick clearances without messing up your glorious mane of wavy hair ;)

:star: Kompany :star:

·
Fuoriclasse
13,912 Posts
Unfortunately not, Jern. Rumour has that he signed a pre-contract agreement with Chelsea for a summer 2005 move. Many Anderlecht fans deem that information serious, me I hope Vincent knows better.

·
Registered
14,672 Posts
Steph! said:
me I hope Vincent knows better.

Same here, but the fact that Yves Makabu-Makalambay, Chelsea's thrid keeper, who is also an Anderlecht-product with roots in Congo, is Kompany's best friend makes me afraid that the rumours could be true.

·
Fuoriclasse
13,912 Posts
On a brighter note, Geert: did you see that delightful piece of fancy trick from Wilhelmsson against Heusden? Not nearly as mindblowing a move as an Okocha's nor a Ronaldinho's but still worth an applause!

:wth::happy:

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
gOD said:
Same here, but the fact that Yves Makabu-Makalambay, Chelsea's thrid keeper, who is also an Anderlecht-product with roots in Congo, is Kompany's best friend makes me afraid that the rumours could be true.
I see you often post about African players and have good knowledge of them! are you yourself of african roots??

just wondering:)

·
Registered
14,672 Posts
Jacques_Terrac said:
I see you often post about African players and have good knowledge of them! are you yourself of african roots??

just wondering:)
No I'm not :)

But i do like African footballers. Since I was young I adore technical football and since our Belgian football culture sn't really focussed on technique we always have to look for that in foreignors. Belgium, as France of course, is always been a country with fantastic African players that start their career in Belgium. 10 years and more ago there were the Nigerians Keshi, Ikpeba, Sunday Oliseh who started their career here so I was able to watch them.

Now there are all those fantastic players of Ivory Coast. When Anderlecht bought Aruna Dindane I had never heard of him, when I was asking for info on him here on Xtratime I noticed there were forums on every region in the world except for Africa. therefore I asked for an African forum and jan creted one. Although I don't pretend to know a lot on the topic I accepted to be FM. Now there are much better posters on the subject around at Xtratime, but I'm still interested as you noticed. :)

Steph: http://users.pandora.be/jerre_rsca/chippen.gif :)

·
Second Place winner, October 2012 XT Photo Contest
3,938 Posts
Technically speaking, we all have African roots, so your answer to that question, Geert, should be YES. :)
I was wondering if Kompany was descended from Congolese anscestors, so am I to assume that is correct?

RIO

·
Registered
14,672 Posts
RIO said:
Technically speaking, we all have African roots, so your answer to that question, Geert, should be YES. :)
I was wondering if Kompany was descended from Congolese anscestors, so am I to assume that is correct?

RIO
Ich bin ein Afrikaner :D

Yes his father is from Congo

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
gOD,why is Belgium not having technical players when you are living close to Holland,you speak the French as well in some parts ,so why is the football culture different ?

I don't know much about Belgium so forgive me if it is obvious.

1 - 20 of 77 Posts