Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
First Place winner, March 2009 Photo Contest
2,968 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I can only offer a german source ( a Hamburg based local TV station), but it is very likely that he will be transfered after he had a disastrous year for us which was topped by the trouble created by his participation in the Olympics.

http://www.hamburg1.de/hh1/sport_article.html?sport/2008/08/21/1267700000

The report says that negociations are ongoing at the moment between HSV and Man City for VK, also his trouble with HSV concerning the Olympics and his dull performances are mentioned...

·
Registered
44,361 Posts
It's official, how is it not true?

·
Registered
38,223 Posts
Actually I think this is a midfield signing. Kompany can play midfield, or he may play CB with Richards or Corluka playing DM instead.

·
Administrator
52,990 Posts
Fee says to be 13m. Would be funny if eventually the Corluka stuff turned out to be true after this, 9m from Tottenham because you have cash issues or what other crap it was.

·
FM of the Year 2007
10,611 Posts
Man City agree deal for Kompany
Manchester City have agreed a fee to sign Belgium international defender Vincent Kompany from Hamburg, according to the German club.

The 22-year-old defender who has played 23 time for his country and began his career at Belgian club Anderlecht.

Kompany is regarded as one of the brightest central defenders in Belgian football and if confirmed would be manager Mark Hughes's third signing.

So far Hughes has signed striker Jo and defender Tal Ben Haim. Jo arrived from CSKA Moscow at a cost of £18m, while Ben Haim came from Chelsea for an undisclosed fee.

·
A true hero
31,428 Posts
I always figured he'd turn out to be a better DM than a CB, so I would suggest it's probably for that. Hamann is old, so he can compete with Fernandes for that job.

You need depth, so a guy like him who can play several positions is good, anyway. If he settles well and starts to fulfil his potential then he could still be world class.

·
Fuoriclasse
13,912 Posts
Along with Petrov's thunderous goals and M'Penza's clumsy displays, another reason for me to watch City this season. :)

And right on Rob, Kompany's always been better at bossing the midfield than the rearguard. I too hope he'll get to fulfil his potential but he might as well not - with all due respect to City, there are better environments and he's so injury-prone it's ridiculous.
Jo arrived from CSKA Moscow at a cost of £18m
18 million pounds for a nobody !?!

Welcome to wonderful world or the English Premier League. :neutral:

·
Registered
38,223 Posts
Unfortunately Steph, Mpenza has gone. Can't remember where. I can see us going for this:

Richards--Dunne--Kompany--Ball
-------------Corluka

Rumours at the start of the season though were Richards in midfield. The fact is that Richards, Corluka and Kompany are all very versatile and good on the ball.

Jo is in installments btw. We only paid 4m.

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
i like richards in the back. He's fast enough to cover for our other defenders as well.

do you think this signing will change the formation or just move a defender in competition with Fernandes?

·
A true hero
31,428 Posts
Along with Petrov's thunderous goals and M'Penza's clumsy displays, another reason for me to watch City this season. :)

And right on Rob, Kompany's always been better at bossing the midfield than the rearguard. I too hope he'll get to fulfil his potential but he might as well not - with all due respect to City, there are better environments and he's so injury-prone it's ridiculous.

18 million pounds for a nobody !?!

Welcome to wonderful world or the English Premier League. :neutral:
That's just the price of getting players out of Russia these days, as Spurs are finding out with Arshavin and Pavlyuchenko.

·
Masch for Captain
2,413 Posts
So maybe this will be the team?

------------Jo-----------

--Petrov------Elano------Ireland--

--------Johnson---Corluka---------

----Ball-----Dunne---Kompany---Richards----

-----------------Hart----------------

Kompany and Corluka interchanging maybe with Richards moving to the center with Ben Haim as back up.

City should be looking for a right winger and a left back though this is a odd signing but a good one non the less although he is quite injury prone he has great footballing brain and composure which you needed in defence.

Only put Corluka in midfield because he was phenomenal when we played City away last season looked like it was his natural position.

·
Registered
5,943 Posts
VK is awesome. The move he made to Hamburg was good for his career, didn't rush into moving to a the 3 big leagues and it has paid off.

The only City defender better than him is Richards, and even that's close.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
I thought City had no money?:rollani:

How on earth can they go out and buy a new player when they still havent paid off Elano or Corluka's transfers?

I am not feeling good about this season at all.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts