Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We know the story:

Bret hart was schelduled to ein the WWE championship and the relinquish it back to the WWE after he joined WCW.

Vince didn't want to take the risk of Bret keeping the title and walking away with it to WCW so he screwed him in Montreal.

Everybody was in on it, even the damn cameramen.

But who was right in this argument? Was Vince right to do what he did, or was Bret truely screwed?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
22,104 Posts
Well he was truely screwed there is no doubt about that, but i can see why Vince wanted him to lose, but he should have made bret drop the title rather than convincing him he will win then screw him, totally the wrong way to go about it.
 
D

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Neither of you seem to know the story. Bret was champion going into Montreal and was scheduled to leave the following day. The agreement with Vince, Bret and Shawn was that at some point during the match, there would be outside interference, leading to a free-for-all, the match would be a double DQ, Bret would keep the title and give it up on RAW before later appearing on Nitro. Vince changed his mind after talking with Michaels, told Michaels and Earl Hebner what was going to happen and the rest is history.

It's all on BretHart.com
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
22,104 Posts
Doc_Rule said:
Neither of you seem to know the story. Bret was champion going into Montreal and was scheduled to leave the following day. The agreement with Vince, Bret and Shawn was that at some point during the match, there would be outside interference, leading to a free-for-all, the match would be a double DQ, Bret would keep the title and give it up on RAW before later appearing on Nitro. Vince changed his mind after talking with Michaels, told Michaels and Earl Hebner what was going to happen and the rest is history.

It's all on BretHart.com
I know the whole story, i've read it on brethart.com and i've watched the documentary.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
22,104 Posts
also bret was thinking about returning untill they brought the whole thing back up again when Michaels returned.
 
D

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
jimbo jones said:
I know the whole story, i've read it on brethart.com and i've watched the documentary.
well given your first post, where you said that Vince had told Bret he would win, you clearly don't know the whole story.
 
D

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
jimbo jones said:
also bret was thinking about returning untill they brought the whole thing back up again when Michaels returned.
No, he said he was open to talking with Vince, he never said he was thinking about returning. Michaels' return didn't change his mind, the death of his mother did.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
22,104 Posts
Was talking with Vince and would consider coming back in a non wrestling capacity, it is said he may be at WMXX to be put in the hall of fame with Hulk Hogan, which is back in the WWE seems as the hall of fame according to Percy Pringle is not real, i.e it's just something they do for the show. But Brett's worries of being back on WWE tv, have to do with him not wanting to seem a hypocrit after all the things he has said about WWE, but of course everyone has a diferent opinion on this situation, just as me and you do;)
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
22,104 Posts
BTW the point about my first post, is when your in wrestling company and your boss tels you to drop the title, well you should do it, i wish someone would tell HHH that:mad:
 
D

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Triple H is practically a McMahon, Vince won't tell him to do anything IMO because Vince hasn't a clue what's good for the company anymore.

I'll be happy if HHH loses the title at Wrestlemania, regardless of which of the other two win it, although I'd love to see Benoit win.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
22,104 Posts
Doc_Rule said:
Triple H is practically a McMahon, Vince won't tell him to do anything IMO because Vince hasn't a clue what's good for the company anymore.

I'll be happy if HHH loses the title at Wrestlemania, regardless of which of the other two win it, although I'd love to see Benoit win.
I'd be happy if HHH got hit by a bus, just to cripple him though, i wouldn't wish the man dead.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Doc_Rule said:
well given your first post, where you said that Vince had told Bret he would win, you clearly don't know the whole story.
The store is so long, we don't have time to go over all of it.

Vince DID tell Hitman he would win, otherwise there wouldn't have been a screw job would it?

Think before you post
 
D

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Vince told Bret that there would be outside interference, the match would be a double DQ and he'd be able to hand the title over the next night on raw.

Learn the facts before you post.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
22,104 Posts
Doc_Rule said:
Vince told Bret that there would be outside interference, the match would be a double DQ and he'd be able to hand the title over the next night on raw.

Learn the facts before you post.
As with every match they change the outcome of the match many times, you think i store useless information like the exact story in my brain, doubt firenze does ever
 
D

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
we'll if you are going to talk about it, and then claim you know the whole story, then you should read up on it.

The change to that match had been decided weeks before the match and was never changed
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
22,104 Posts
What? they changed it more than once, that i do know.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Doc_Rule said:
Vince told Bret that there would be outside interference, the match would be a double DQ and he'd be able to hand the title over the next night on raw.

Learn the facts before you post.

Therefore Bret wins, and keeps hold of the title.
 
D

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
jimbo jones said:
What? they changed it more than once, that i do know.
they had many different suggestions for the ending, they decided on the double dq a while before and didn't change it after that.
 
1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Top