Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
I think Villareal have bigger chance than people think. Arsenal caught Juve at the best time possible. They are suffering and it made Arsenal look good, same really with Real too so...

I think Villareal on the other hand will be excited, hungry, they will want this as much as Arsenal and dont have too many big egos to upset this.

I think a tight game, away goals winner is possible.

·
Registered
866 Posts
Nice to see some variety in this tournament, first time either side will play in a CL semi-final.

Tbh I think this might be the best of the two semis, simply because I think both sides are very evenly matched.

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
before the tie started they were outplayed by a Roma side with more injuries than even Arsenal and we even have a smaller squad.

juve were not in great form and the absence of DP hurt them.

Juve were suffering before the tie started as I said and clearly they werent up for it. Villareal on the other hand will be if they are still in the same shape in 2 weeks time.

I dont know who will go through, for me its more 50/50

whos at home first?

·
Registered
4,007 Posts
Hoping Arsenal can make it to the final. This is Villarreals first time in this competion? It would be sweet for them to make it

·
Registered
6,820 Posts
villareal are certainly a different proposition for arsenal than a defensive side like juventus .

·
Registered
57,699 Posts
It's Arsenal-Villarreal seeing as the first leg will be played at Highbury.

Arsenal to win this tie home & away imo. Don't let Villarreal's win against us trick you, we were utter shyte and anyone would've beaten us.

Milan-Barca is unpredictable though...

Arsenal vs. Milan/Barca should be a fantastic final. Hopefully Arsenal vs. Barca as I'd be a neutral in that case and just enjoy the football.

Henry to lift the cup in Paris ?

·
Registered
32 Posts
I think if Arsenal can score goals in the first leg, they will have a bigger chance of winning the semi final. The Arsenal vs Real Madrid match, Arsenal scored the goal in the first leg of the tie and held to a draw for the 2nd leg. While against Juve, they scored 2 against Juve in the first leg and held them to a draw for the 2nd leg.

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
Deano said:
they were outplayed by a Roma side with more injuries than even Arsenal and we even have a smaller squad.

juve were not in great form and the absence of DP hurt them.

Juve were suffering before the tie started as I said and clearly they werent up for it.

you are a right f*cking whinger aren't you?

·
Registered
4,204 Posts
unfortunately im gonna predict an arsenal milan final. i think arsenal in this form will be too much for the yellow submarines, although i dont think they will fold completely.....senna and riquelme is a decent midfield

·
Registered
3,343 Posts
final its barca vs villareal :hopefull:

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
first off for arsenal...great two legs against juve, the gunners surely deserved a spot in the semi's.

To be honest i feel this is the best final four we've had in years...imo, as for villareal, they're the cinderrella team and most will be rooting for them and i feel if they are to progress the whole team especially riquelme will have to bring their A game.

personally i feel arsenal might edge out villareal though if they play the way they did against real and juve, then hopefully meet up with barca in the finals...the matchup i always wanted to see :)

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
40,147 Posts
It's going to be interesting to see this game. Arsenal is the favourite for many reasons, but I guess Villarreal will be taken seriously this time. Yeah, it's easy to say "stop Riquelme and you'll have done the 75% of the job", but stop Riquelme if you can. Arsenal aren't a team that shines for their defense, so I think Riquelme will have their chances. At the same time, I don't think Villarreal's defense is great either, so the dangerous forwards of Arsenal will have their chances too.

Villarreal is missing the goals of Forlán this year, but they're still dangerous. As I said in a different thread, Riquelme is the extra-quality, but Villarreal are a team, they learned how to suffer. The club don't have experience, but the players do. Riquelme, Forlán, Tacchinardi, Gonzalo, Sorín, Arruabarrena, Senna,... hey, these guys have experience and talent.

The pressure is on Arsenal, since they're the big club. For Villarreal, to play the CL is a gift, if they lose, nothing happens. They can only make history. Arsenal shouldn't think this is going to be easy. In a good day, Villarreal can trash anyone. In the last 2 years, I've only see a team giving a football lesson to Barcelona, it was the 3-0 of last year in El Madrigal. Arsenal must take Villarreal seriously.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts