Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
4,423 Posts
1-0 lead against depor at half time. Cazorla scored

Not quite as entertaining game as I had hoped, lets hope the next 45 will be more entertaining

·
Registered
4,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Decent result really and the first win of the campaign which is a good thing to get out of the way. Im very happy Villarreal kept hold of Cazorla this summer

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
14,769 Posts
gd debut for altidore...hopefully he becomes another drogba cuz dude is powerfull and is faster

·
Registered
4,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Villarreal are playing Numancia this weekend on sunday.

Numancia havnt had a bad start to the campaign so far beating Barcelona at home and also having a real go at Madrid taking the lead after 6 minutes, before Madrid took control and ended up winning 4-3, so these new boys will not be afraid to have a go at Villarreal

·
Registered
4,423 Posts
Numancia have done admirably well considering the teams they have met so far. Villarreal should be cautious..

·
Registered
4,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Just the one sub appearance so far, he didnt do to badly either. Rossi and Nihat are still out so he'll definatly get a chance at some stage i would imagine

·
Registered
4,423 Posts
it isnt going to be easy for him, thats for sure.. Villarreal should loan him out in january. But that depends on how it looks up front with injuries and such

I can't see him getting many minutes with Nihat, Rossi, Llorente fit

·
Registered
4,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Villarreal maintained their place at the top of the Primera Division but defending champions Real Madrid are hot on their heels.

Manuel Pellegrini's Villarreal were forced to fight hard at Sporting Gijon, but former Manchester United striker Giuseppe Rossi's 63rd minute goal was enough to earn the points.
Rossi slotted in a right-footed shot to secure a 1-0 win after being set up by Diego Godin having entered the game from the substitutes' bench at half-time.

Nihat started the game but clearly isnt up to match fitness yet. Santi was also subtitutted on and was probally being saved for the champions league game against Celtic, but the the poor first half performance seems to have forced Pelligrini to introduce him

Real Madrid are maintaining the pace in second place after coming out on top in a bad-tempered 2-1 victory at Real Betis.

·
Registered
10,439 Posts
Just the one sub appearance so far, he didnt do to badly either. Rossi and Nihat are still out so he'll definatly get a chance at some stage i would imagine
Thanks, that's good to hear. Hopefully he can develop quickly for you guys. Good luck this season

·
Registered
4,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
0-0 draw with Espanyol on saturday night, placing Villarreal top of la liga.

Not really a great game, watched the first half and got bored, passing was decent but usually lacked the killer punch. Llorente should have scored early on but missed what would have been a tap in when he didnt connect witht he ball properly.

·
Registered
4,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Villarreal Vs Atletico Madrid

26th Oct 2008
KO 18:00
Ground: El Madrigal

Atletico havn't had the best of starts in la liga but do have a very capable squad and one which villarreal should be aiming to beat if they want to finish this season in a champions league spot or even keep their outside title prospects alive

·
Registered
4,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Incredible game on Sunday finishing 4-4

Llorentes goal in particular was a delight and it was also good to see senna score again as well. Villarreals other scorers where Rossi with an individual effort taking ball past 2 players and goalkeeper. Gonzalo also scored from a corner

The main concern is that Villarreal have let in 7 goals in two games now at home, considering their defence was from some people classed as the best in la liga. This worrying fact must be fixed soon. Villarreal where 4-2 up at one stage against Atletico and let it slip with Atletico scoring final goal in 84th minute

·
Registered
4,423 Posts
Incredible game on Sunday finishing 4-4

Llorentes goal in particular was a delight and it was also good to see senna score again as well. Villarreals other scorers where Rossi with an individual effort taking ball past 2 players and goalkeeper. Gonzalo also scored from a corner

The main concern is that Villarreal have let in 7 goals in two games now at home, considering their defence was from some people classed as the best in la liga. This worrying fact must be fixed soon. Villarreal where 4-2 up at one stage against Atletico and let it slip with Atletico scoring final goal in 84th minute
Yes. Im absolutely shocked at Villarreal's defence. Me thinking it was just one off game for the defence against Aalborg...

·
Premium Member
40,302 Posts
hi guys, i haven`t watched the team regularly this season.
so i want to know, how do you rate Cani this season?

1 - 20 of 80 Posts