Xtratime Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
17,861 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
SORENSEN FLATTERED BUT HAPPY WITH BLACK CATS

Thomas Sorensen has revealed that Aston Villa are lining him up as the replacement for Peter Schmeichel.

The Denmark keeper says Villa have asked Sunderland to name their price for the 25-year-old.

Schmeichel has hinted that he will finally retire at the end of the season and will have recommended his successor in the Denmark side to under-fire boss John Gregory.

But Sorensen, although flattered, insists he is not leaving the Stadium of Light - at any price - and is quite happy for Peter Reid to price him out of any move to the Midlands.

He told BT: "It is always a pat on the shoulder when a club like Aston Villa show interest. It's quite common that a Premier League club asks for the price of a player at another club, but it is nice to know that the price is so high.

"It's nothing I think about, it's mostly business between two clubs, but it is also important for me to know that Peter Reid and the club do not want to sell me for a shilling, in case they would.

"Peter has helped me a lot in the past. But I haven't heard anything serious, though it is always the player who is the last to hear something. Aston Villa are certainly an interesting club but, right now, I am focusing on getting the points to come for Sunderland again."

·
Registered
385 Posts
It is obvious. Aston Villa must to find a goalkeeper in order to replace Peter when he decided to finish his career. Sorensen is a good player and might be a nice substitute for Schmeichel.

·
Registered
17,861 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
To be honest I think we are fine with Encklemann as replacement! He played really well when Schmeichel was injured, and with Schmeichel there to improve his game, he could become one of the best goalkeepers in the EPL! He certainly has the talent to achieve this!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts