Xtratime Community banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6,768 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So how are you guys enjoying this life so far?

Think you have a platform to build on?

Not really been keeping an eye on you lot what with our woes this season, so what's been happening?

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
I don't want to talk about it ;)

I've not enjoyed this season so far, I've not got to many matches, not seen us win yet, the mentality of some of our fans is ridiculous, but that's what happens when all the f**king glory hunters jump on board :yuck:

We've got a platform of sorts, we're only 1 win away from being out of the bottom 3 but we've got to become harder to beat and start scoring some bloody goals.

·
Registered
6,768 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Don't worry our fans are just as bloody pathetic.

It's a shame you haven't got anything to look positive on at the mo, it's a shame as I tipped you to stay up and have people looking like prats (like we did 12 months earlier)

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
The problem with Derby fans is, not only do we think we have a divine right to be in the Premiership, most think we're such a big club we should be top 6, top 10 at least.

Nothing's ever good enough, even if we stayed up finishing 4th bottom, they'd be people moaning about that.

·
Registered
6,768 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I suppose when you look at XT and see people like hyperactive Leeds fan (La_f) its not surprising :)

Are this fans young'uns?

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
Interista said:
Are this fans young'uns?
No, the old ones are the worst, they still think it's 1975.

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
Not necessarily, my mums been watching football for many years, and she's clueless :D I don't care how long you've been watching something, if your an idiot your an idiot :D There are of course some very knowledgeable fans out there as well, but just because there old doesn't mean they know everything, nothing gets on my nerves more than some senile old fool wagging his finger and going, "I've been watching Derby since 1933"

·
Registered
4,099 Posts
jimbo jones said:
No, the old ones are the worst, they still think it's 1975.
what about the middle-uns? I remember a bloke on Sky Sports before the play-off final saying Davies should go because he doesnt play Seth Johnson enough :rollani:

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
Now Davies should go because he didn't keep Seth Johnson, and apparently he's what we need, even though he's playing for my local pub for beer money, because no club will touch him, his knees are in such a bad state again.

·
Registered
6,768 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well I am sure we will have a couple of good games when we are both back in the championship :moan:

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
Interista said:
Well I am sure we will have a couple of good games when we are both back in the championship :moan:
Yeah, with Megson in charge Bolton look worryingly back to their old self :(

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
During Match of the Day 2.. I was thinking about our team at the moment and just looking at other teams round us and just comparing our team man for man and see which players you would rather have in our team.. T

Take Birmingham for example, very much going to be down in the bottom for all the season and a team you would think would struggle to stay up, Im gonna take a look at our team compared to their's from our last game, and look at the difference in quality in our team to ours

Stephen Bywater
Eddie Lewis
Tyrone Mears
Andy Griffin
Darren Moore
Marc Edworthy
Gary Teale
Stephen Pearson
Matthew Oakley
Giles Barnes
Kenny Miller
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Maik Taylor
Stephen Kelly
Rafael Schmitz
Liam Ridgewell
Johan Djourou
Wilson Palacios
Fabrice Muamba
Mehdi Nafti
Cameron Jerome
Olivier Kapo
Daniel De Ridder

Now quiet clearly, Brum have spent money but in terms of man to man, for me it's just a no contest, they clearly have better 'quality' players than we do, and It kinda is starting to bug me a bit when Davies talks about working with the players, and that. But at the end of the day if we aren't competing with teams, then, with not having the quality, there's really no hope for us. Tis really really sad we are in November, and it's looking a lost cause already

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
Well playing Jones and Feilhaber would help the quality on our side :rolleyes:

Kapo and Muamba are the 2 Brum players I'd love us to have, a solid experienced keeper like Taylor would be nice as well, and a proper winger like De Ridder. But the likes of Kelly, Schmitz and Palacious aren't great, and I'd much rather have Miller than Jerome.

As for Davies excuses, he has too shut up about them, there getting boring, even if there is truth in them, every time we lose, just coming out and saying we haven't spent as much money as everyone else, is of no bloody use at all.

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
That's awesome!

Cheers :thumbsup:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts