Xtratime Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After watching just my 2nd Fiorentina game this season last night, thought I'd just post a few musings. Apologies if these are out of turn, but they are based on just 2 games.

From both games seen, I've yet to see what Ariatti contributes. Seems very easily tackled and lightweight. Miccoli looks great and his booking last night was a travesty. Fantini looked by far the most attack minded midfielder and yet got taken off....couldn't understand that. Failed to see what Rigano added when he came on, apart from being offside about 8 times! Lupatelli should have saved both goals, needs to spend more time concentrating than on his Bluetooth headset! Maresca looks quality when he can be bothered.

Overall decent 1st half performance matched with an equally uninspiring 2nd half. Still the best kit in Italy though.

Incidentally, for all his great skill, Totti's diving histrionics are diabolical, and Casano's constant cries for Fiorentinas' players to be booked were disgraceful.

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
I would like to say Totti really didn't dive that much in this game, he looked hungrier and wasen't going to be satisfied by freekicks, if any one was doing the diving it was Miccoli.

·
Rated [D] for Danger
5,472 Posts
interpol said:
Fantini looked by far the most attack minded midfielder and yet got taken off....couldn't understand that.
he had an exceptional game cause he was unopposed on the flank, where Ferrari wasn’t that solid and had no cover, but that changed once Del Neri inserted Sartor into the match, and that's why he was taken off.
interpol said:
Incidentally, for all his great skill, Totti's diving histrionics are diabolical, and Casano's constant cries for Fiorentinas' players to be booked were disgraceful.
he didn't dive at all, he stayed on the ground longer than he should on one occasion though.

·
Registered
12,484 Posts
Personally I think our players aren't good enough, especially Nakata. It's strange for me to say this when you think of the amount of names we have at the club but seriuously did you notice how many times Nakata gave away the ball? Unbelievable!

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
Nakata never convinced me of his greatness, but you never know with players. Sometimes it takes a while to get to their best form. He could very well have a mental problem coming into games which could be hindering him.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts