Xtratime Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First of all, I think Cristian Vieri is the best Italian striker. But I don't know if bringing him back to Lazio would be a good thing. Lazio made a masterstroke last summer when they sold Vieri to Inter in order to buy Juan Sebastian Veròn and Diego Simeone. But a few matches this season have clearly showed that Lazio need a towering (and possibly skillful as well) centre-forward. If Lazio had that kind of player, we wouldn't have waited the last day of the season for celebrating the scudetto.

Cristian Vieri is, potentially, just what Lazio are looking for. Strong in the air and quite talented. But having said that, a couple of question marks remain:

1) Will he ever play for a whole season without getting injured seriously? Since Vieri plays in Serie A, he has always missed at last 10 or 15 games because of injuries.

2) Will he ever stay at a club for more than one season? I still remember what Vieri said when he joined Lazio: "I'm here to stay for a long time, I want to win evrything with this club, etc...". A year later, he joined Inter, where he repeated those same words. Now we know that he's unhappy at Inter and wants to move back to Lazio!

I say it again, Vieri is the ideal striker for Lazio, but it is still to be seen if those question marks have good answers for Lazio.

FORZA LAZIO

[This message has been edited by aquila (edited 22-05-2000).]

V

·
0 Posts
it usually ain´t any good to try to turn back the times. you know "back in the old days, when we grow up, on my street and so on". the fact is that the grass wasn´t really greener when we grow up or that the christmas presents were not only larger but also in harder packages.

to summarise; maybe the memory just plays us a jedimindtrick? and to turn around and play a sequell, bobo 2, may not necessearly be that fun revival. come to think of it. most revivals actually sux.

remember the who? a bunch of old rockstars who thought it was better to grow old rich than grow old poor? or some other patethic comeback in order to squeze out some extra bucks. i don´t know about bobo. maybe let the past be.

marco

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
Your two question marks are the most important reasons for not buying Vieri to me.

Don't get me wrong, he's a great striker, but he wouldn't be of much use to Lazio if he'd be injured most of the time. And I'm sure he would be, for he doesn't seem very strong (fysically speaking).

I sure don't have much trust in his loyalty to the teams he plays for. I'm not sure if I'm correct, but I think he has played for ten different teams for the past ten years. It seems to have become a habit of his and I don't think that'll ever change. He can say whatever he likes, but after saying these same words over and over again, he must have lost a lot of credibility. I prefer players who fully dedicate themselves to a team for more than just one season. Players like Nedved for instance.

I think it would be best for Lazio to focus on someone else. There are so many other talented players!

A ROMA SOLO LA LAZIO!

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
I agree 100% - Vieri should not come at, not at the stupid price that is negotiated anyway. We can´t give Inter Salas, Almeyda and money for Vieri, that would be suicide.

I really like Parma and 99% of my heart says Parma must win against Inter tomorrow, but there is this ego 1% who says " If Parma goes out of CL then we´ll probably buy Crespo and Buffon " and I would much rather have Crespo and Buffon then Vieri and Peruzzi.

Forza Lazio !!

·
Registered
713 Posts
I agree with you Lazia for 50%
that's for sure Vieri is not really attached to the teams for who he plays but he is like all the professional players
you are wrong if you say that any player has a particular feeling for his team he will leave without regret for money (that's not really a Love Story )
except some few players all the players prefer money to a team

·
Registered
555 Posts
Come on now !!!!
Are we talking about Christian Vieri or about his brother ???

To me it looks like you are talking about the brother of Christian, because I read things like "Vieri should not come"…. !?!?!?!?!??!?!!?!?!??!

Let's be serious, Christian Vieri is just fantastic !
Maybe he won't play all 34 games if he comes to Lazio next season, but he has been really unlucky and are we sure he will be unlucky next season too with many injuries ??
We should also remember that it was Inter doctors fault that Vieri got injured this spring, Lippi wanted him to play and the doctors said no. Lazio doctors have proven to be much more serious about their job, if someone is injured he won't play until he is in perfect shape !

Please Cragnotti, bring Vieri back to us !!!!

Also remember that Lazio is not only numbers, money, loose or win. It's about EMOTIONS and Vieri is a fantastic player. Ok, maybe he is injured now and then but when he plays he is just fantastic. And I don't know what you think, but I think that Vieri is just too cool :)

FORZALAZIO !!
http://Laziomania.socceralliance.com

T

·
0 Posts
Go go vieri!!
he is the best strike in serie a!

forza vieri!!

------------------
Jonathan

·
First Place winner, June 2010 Photo Contest
38,110 Posts
What can I say other than...

VIERI IS MAGIC!!!

Sure he has played for a lot of other teams, so what? Name one
player with Vieri's talent that has stayed with the same team all
his career.

Just think off all the energy Vieri will bring (back) to Lazio, he is
like a dynamo that recharges the team when they are low on
energy. And the fans just go wild for him, in a way they will
never do for, lets say Rivaldo.

I just can't wait for Euro2000 to start and see Vieri bring the
European championship to Italy!!!!

[This message has been edited by Boyo (edited 23-05-2000).]

J

·
0 Posts
Bringing Bobo back suonds great but the players & money we have to give to Inter makes me think twice...

X

·
0 Posts
Vieri is #1
Go bring him back!!! :)
And Mattias,are u sure about Max(his brother)?
He is also great and the star of the future,I've heard he has scored more than 20 goals this season,so it's worth to give a try.Maybe we can win a new Inzaghino,then :)

·
Running a lax ship
17,525 Posts
copied from the other topic, which was the wrong place (plus, happens rarely Mattias, but I have to disagree with you on Vieri... :) )

I know many of you are addicted to Vieri and will stay so forever. Still I can't understand why Lazio should have him back with that price tag. Like today, 30 minutes not really deadly, then injured AGAIN and once again paid for not playing. That is not enough, not enough for all these millions PLUS Almeyda and on top of that Salas...no, just not enough.

Also I can't understand why Vieri is seen as the ultimate Laziale by so many. I mean he was here for ONE year (an not playing the whole year, not even close). That is as un-ultimate Laziale as it can get.

Salas & Almeyda & millions for a player in action 15 games a year is a joke in my book. Even if he hammers everything down in that 15 games. Which today's 30 minutes did not indicate.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts