Xtratime Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sunday 12th May 2002

Internazionale forward Christian Vieri urged president Massimo Moratti to follow Real Madrid's example with his summer spending before rubbishing reports that he wanted a move to the Bernabeu. "Inter must imitate Real… but I want to stay at Inter," he said.

Vieri, who was speaking before joining his Italy team-mates at a get-together in Coverciano, had not forgotten the manner in which Inter let the Scudetto slip from their grasp on the final day of the season.

Despite leading for much of the campaign, Inter lost 4-2 to Lazio to allow Juventus, who beat Udinese 2-0, to pip them to the Serie A crown.

And Vieri was keen for Moratti to ensure that the same heartache does not happen again: "I'm still angry about the end of the season. That's obvious considering how things went on that last day.

"Anyway, we had a positive season because we managed to be more consistent than in the previous years and we did all we could to win the Scudetto.

"We must continue on that path and the club must sign only great players. Inter must imitate Real, they buy only great stars like Luis Figo and Zinedine Zidane. Of course, choosing the players for the new season is not my job.

"But I agree with president Moratti, who thinks we do not have to make too many changes but only add a few reinforcements. That means that the players we take must be very, very strong."

Vieri went on to deny reports that he was hankering after a move to Real. "I only said during an interview that I would have been happy to play with a star like Zidane and the newspapers wrote that I wished to leave Inter. That's not true at all, I don't want to leave," he said.

·
Registered
920 Posts
The FIFA President said:
ahhahaah, it's pretty obivous that vieri doesn't like some of his teamates especially those who dont have big names...
No, Fifa, I don't agree with you here...

I think Vieri just wants a competitive Inter all the year! That's a sign that Bobo cares a lot about Inter...

Anyway Inter is on the right way...many big names are in the air...and that will surely makes Vieri happy :D

·
Registered
920 Posts
The FIFA President said:

not entirely, man.

A great club can make its players blossom you know...

Cordoba
Recoba
Materazzi
Simic

Weren't huge superstars when they can, and look what impacts they've made.
Simic.........:confused: I'm thinking what impact he made....:confused: :confused: :confused: ........mmm.......I didn't came out with anything :D

·
Registered
33 Posts
Vieri is right he´s point is that we already have a good deapht in our squad and a good foundation to build on what we need to bring in for next seasonto take it to improve is real star players that will make an impact

Just look at this season Juve won the title and what players did brought in? Thuram, Buffon, Nedved, Salas
And do anyone need a reminder what happend Lippi´s second season here? we brought in players tahat wern´t good enough to compete at the level were the team wanted to be

don´t geet me wrong there is nothing wrong with bringing in young and hungry up and coming players or player´s that accepts beeing in a roation system you really need them to get a team togheter specilly with a tight scheduale but at think that we already, apart from one or two positions, have a good deapht in the squad what the team lacks is real edge in some a few positions

·
Registered
231 Posts
You don´t have to buy finished superstars for enourmous sums, you can buy less known players who are great, and will be superstars after one great season. When Juve bought Zidane he wasn´t the superstar he is today, but he made an immediate impact at Juve. To say you have to buy superstars to become great is just plain stupid. Zidane for example will quit after three more years so Real will get nothing back for him, same with Figo. If you keep this policy up you will ruin the club just for having a great player for a couple of years. If you buy young players that has not yet turned into superstars, you can have them in your team for a much longer time, and if you decide to sell them after they have blossomed the club will make a great profit.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Gre-no-li said:
You don´t have to buy finished superstars for enourmous sums, you can buy less known players who are great, and will be superstars after one great season. When Juve bought Zidane he wasn´t the superstar he is today, but he made an immediate impact at Juve.
Dude, when Zizou played for Juve the first time he was crap.....
I remember even Lippi, Moggi & Agnelli were wondering why they should listen to Platini to buy this guy......
Maybe in his 2nd season he got a lot better and finally in 3rd and the rest he got to his best.......

But you are right on most other things.
Here's the single most stupid mistake that Inter did:
SELLING PIRLO to AC MILAN!!!!!!
I believe Inter will live to regret this soon!!!!

·
Registered
231 Posts
mdelpiero10...........I also rémember that he took some time to settle at Juve, but it wasn´t a whole season. I think he started playing great in the second half of his first season. And when he started the second he was considered a big star in italy.

Anyway, if Inter started spending big again and brought in several new players, they would just be making the same misstake as they have done for all thóse years with Moratti up intil this last season.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts