Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Inter Milan encourage Liverpool talks over Vieri

Liverpool have been linked with a summer move for Inter Milan centre-forward Christian Vieri.
An Inter delegation is expected on Merseyside this week and Italian press reports suggest talks will be held with Liverpool management over a deal for Italy international Vieri.

The prolific centre-forward has just over a year left on his contract at the San Siro and Inter supremo Massimo Moratti is prepared to release him a year early at the end of this season.

Talks have already commenced with Vieri's management about a pay-off, with the size of the golden handshake crucial to the Italian agreeing to leave in the summer.

Liverpool boss Rafa Benitez and his coaching staff know Vieri well from his time at Atletico Madrid and also scouting missions with Valencia for previous European campaigns.

Its also been suggested ambitious Everton boss Dave Moyes is also interested in Vieri and Inter officials will take advantage of their visit to speak with Goodison Park chiefs.

Moyes could go for Vieri, 32, as a readymade replacement for Duncan Ferguson. Though, the presence of James Beattie is unlikely to see the Italian move to Everton.

The striker was in England last week attending Crystal Palace's clash with Chelsea at Stamford Bridge.

Guys please tell me that Vieri is not leaving. He is a giant . He cannot leave for Liverpool or Everton. YEEEUUUUKKKKKK :eek:

·
Registered
8,942 Posts
Hope he doesnt leaveee. Vieri is truly one of our greats, it would be embarassing for him to play for Liverpool or Everton.

·
Registered
45,706 Posts
I'd like to see Vieri tear up the EPL. We know he can. Problem is that teams like Man Utd, Arsenal and Chelsea don't seem to be looking to sign him. Man Utd is full of strikers anyway. Wenger is famous for signing players who fit very defined characteristics, which includes speed over distance. That kind of rules Vieri out. He'd probably fit in a bit more at Chelsea.

But, for some reason, I wouldn't be too surprised if he does move at some stage to a club like Tottenham.

Ummm...yeah.

Waiting for the Pulsar to post his thoughts. :veiled:

·
Registered
5,550 Posts
I wouldn't mind such deal actually, we're heavily linked to some younger strikers like Bojinov, even if they don't come, I still think we will have a surplus of strikers. Julio Cruz has really won my heart, Recoba doesn't seem to be on the way out, so, along with Adriano and Martins, thats a very healthy number of strikers, Vieri doesn't seem to cut the mustard anymore, he's lacking the potency he once had, and he doesn't do a good job alongside Adriano, a change of scenery might do it for the champ.

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
31,893 Posts
Thank you vieri.. you were great. And till the end of the season, you are.. too.

Epl is more suitable for him, see if he can just stand there Lamenting about a missed chance, or about something that Could Have Happened otherwise.

Keep up the Sulk

·
Registered
10,624 Posts
Well If Roberto Baggio ended up in Brescia, who's Vieri not to end up in a place like Liverpool? Liverpool is one of the biggest clubs in the world and its really illogical to call them a small team. Right now, they're in a buildup process, I wouldn't be surprised if they challenge for the EPL the next couple of years, especially with Rafa Benitez as the coach :thmbup:

So Vieri to Liverpool wouldn't be a bad idea. Actually, it would be an honor for Vieri to play for the historically biggest club in England.

However, they already have Djibril Cisse and Morientes, so unless they're planning to sell one of these guys, I dont think they'll go for Vieri.

·
Registered
8,942 Posts
Razman said:
However, they already have Djibril Cisse and Morientes, so unless they're planning to sell one of these guys, I dont think they'll go for Vieri.
Dont forget Baros and Sinama Pongolle, Luis Garcia and Mellor.

So they have quite a bit of strikers so i dont think that they would want to sign Vieri.

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
I hope Vieri doesn't leave. But if he does leave, please God no, not Liverpool. This guy can't just keep playing for long overdue teams.......:nervous:

·
Registered
16,663 Posts
Wilyely_JP6 said:
Why? Vieri is a good player, better than baRRos.
No he isn't he's past it, and wouldn't last two minutes in a league like the Premiership.

Whos baRRos, if you mean Baros I don't think he is anymore

·
Registered
943 Posts
SM ONLINE said:
No he isn't he's past it, and wouldn't last two minutes in a league like the Premiership.

Whos baRRos, if you mean Baros I don't think he is anymore
Yes, baRRos is Baros. Barros is something in spanish, and Milan B. is that. :lala:

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
Great here we go again the wussy EPL vs. Manly Serie A debate

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
I can see it as apossibility,The list of teams which Vieri could join aren't as long as what they were.Certainly Chelsea or arsenal don't seem candidates where Liverpool or Man Utd to me seem more likely.But one thing's for sure is that Vieri will leave in the summer.

·
Registered
154 Posts
I think he could find his place in Liverpool.
I wish him all luck,he did his job for us!

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
31,893 Posts
Morientes is what he would be competing with. Bobo & Moro.. what a combo.

I guess Moro is more of a team player. So, happy benching... bobo.

·
Registered
2,267 Posts
i read a roumor that vieri could be switch with torres in atletico again.
that will be much better for us than to let him go in 'pool

·
Xtratime Allstar
9,820 Posts
Why would he go there? They already have Morientes btw and several others like Cissé and Baros. I don't see Vieri going to England at all at this point. Don't go for Torres, I have some bad feeling about him and Serie A. Luis Fabiano would be better if Inter wants new forwards.

·
Registered
12,484 Posts
Razman said:
Liverpool is one of the biggest clubs in the world and its really illogical to call them a small team. Right now, they're in a buildup process...

Yeah, coming up to fifteen years now :D

1 - 20 of 22 Posts