Xtratime Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Inter are back to business but without star striker, Christian Vieri.

Vieri is not expected to return for another two and a half months and Inter’s medical staff are being very cautious with their prize after a series of muscle problems ruined the striker’s season last year.

No one intends to rush him back as Inter and Vieri have much ground to make up this year if they are to challenge for honours.

Vieri will definitely miss the first two preliminary matches of this season’s Champions League and also seems destined to miss Trapattoni’s first match in charge of the Italian national team when they play Hungary on 3 September.

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
When will he be recovered?!!!

It's not enough time to heel for him?!!Misses two and a half month means he would be back along with R9 as Serie A starts at October this season!!But why the hell Vieri's muscle need 7 months to heel?!!!!I thought his absense in Euro2000 can give him a perfect rest and the delay of Serie A can make him a perfect patched player on 1/10!!!But another 2 and half months?!!Too sad to hear that!!!(Of course don't rushing him back before he is fully fit!!)

Forza Bo Bo!!!
Forza Inter!!!!

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
From Italian-soccer.com it does not really go into much detail of the extensiveness to this injury..
I have a feeling that they may have blown this out of proportion: Maybe anther month or so just to be sure..
The question now is for the two matches we play for the CL would it be Recoba and Sukur..

\I really do hope this is not what it seems you know how the media can blow $Hit up/:mad:

·
Registered
10,588 Posts
Yo Joe Yue R9 is not coming back at the beginning of next season bro. He is schaduled to return n January.

WHen they say he is gonna return next year they do not mean next season they mean next year.....2001

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
From http://www.inter.it

SARRE (AOSTA) - After to have supported a magnetic resonance yesterday and stamani the customary visits of sport suitability, Christian Vieri has caught up the withdrawal nerazzurro in Val of Aosta, in company of social doctor Franco Combi. " its streching already has been cured, but the danger is the fallen back ones. In order to return truly to place, Vieri has need of eight weeks of aerobico job ", tells the medical coordinator Julio Velasco. Better not to hurry the times, therefore: the new philosophy is this nerazzurra, than ago treasure of the experiences passages. " the preliminary turn of Champions League is important. But still more important is Vieri possession in perfect conditions for all the championship ", is therefore the program, than it is not lend to ulterior improvisations. In these eight weeks dedicated to the complete recovery and already begun today on the field of Sarre, Vieri will run and work on the explosive force taking advantage of also a specific machinery for flessori muscles of the thigh.

·
Registered
3,490 Posts
Don't worry, be happy!

Not to take any opponent lightly, but Inter's not facing a Barcelona or Real Madrid in the first round of the CL - they'll likely draw the league champion from some eastern bloc country, and Inter should be able to get to the next stage without Vieri. The national team doesn't absolutely need Vieri for Hungary, unless Inzaghi, Totti, Del Piero, and Delvecchio all go down at the same time - so I'm not really worried.

Remember - the regular season doesn't start until October because of the Olympics, so according to the two months they give in the article you provided, that would have him ready to play by the middle of September, with two weeks to spare before the season opener.

Vieri will be fine - and Inter will be even better!

Forza Internazionale!

·
Registered
10,588 Posts
I say give him 3 months to recover and bring R9 back in the 2001/2002 season. He needs rest...both of them do...

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
With Vieri going down, Moratti just might have to listen to Lippi and get Salas....DAMN IT....

There are rumours from sportal.it that Inter and Lazio are negotiating a deal that involves Salas and Baronio coming to Inter and Seedorf, Panucci, Jugovic + cash going to Lazio...if you ask me Inter are offering a LOT for just Salas and Baronio....

To TAZZ, hey buddy, i know that you are a huge fan of COCO and BARONIO....i want to know your opinion on who is better if INTER were to acquire one of them....as the rumours suggest....

FORZA INTER

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
I say give him 3 months to recover and bring R9 back in the 2001/2002 season. He needs rest...both of them do...

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I agree with RAZOR on this one::GOOD ONE!

VERY TRUE: I think we should take our time with vieri the season does not open up until October: As for CL matches /I would rather concentrate on the SCUDETTO:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts